The Falkirk FC Thread

35 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I expect we'll see 2 up front on Saturday but it may be at the expense of wingers again.  Kennedy is out and McGuffie is sh*t so wouldn't be surprised if he reverts to the formation used at Alloa.  We'll lose 1 nil again and it'll be back to Oliver and wingers.  

See I'm not having that as Max can play out wide and you could even trial Burrell out there. Think Killie brought him on out wide last season a few times.

7 hours ago, Springfield said:

It is not the role of the BOD to sign players, but would expect that any potential players the manager is after would be subject to review/sign off by the those in charge. 

No on so many levels. By all means say no if it blows a financial budget but to interfere as you suggest is a disaster waiting to happen. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

No on so many levels. By all means say no if it blows a financial budget but to interfere as you suggest is a disaster waiting to happen. 

Didn’t say interfere, would have thought that the hierarchy would interested in what the manager is up to. 

18 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Didn’t say interfere, would have thought that the hierarchy would interested in what the manager is up to. 

That is interfering. Unless it is a finance discussion second guessing the manager imo is 100% what the Board should not be doing. You back your manager to make the signing calls and if he messes up he knows the consequence. Anything else gives him an excuse. We only need to look at Gary Holt and how that doesn’t work at this level. 

18 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That is interfering. Unless it is a finance discussion second guessing the manager imo is 100% what the Board should not be doing. You back your manager to make the signing calls and if he messes up he knows the consequence. Anything else gives him an excuse. We only need to look at Gary Holt and how that doesn’t work at this level. 

With reference to Holt how many players did he get wrong ?

19 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The issue there is that you've hired Gary Holt.

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

With reference to Holt how many players did he get wrong ?

Assume that is not a serious question? More who he got right TBH. McCann, McKay and Nesbitt I guess now they have a decent coach. 

9 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The BoD most likely would be involved in some way regarding the wages, terms, and conditions etc.

Not the individual player selected by the manager..

Could that be where the confusion is coming from.

I don’t think they will be involved in that either. They set a budget and the manager spends it as he sees fit. 

Allan should get a run in the team. He's went from being top scorer in the league for an absolute gang to benchwarming in a team that, on paper, should be creating a rake of chances every game.

23 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Assume that is not a serious question? More who he got right TBH. McCann, McKay and Nesbitt I guess now they have a decent coach. 

Just surprised that the entire players budget (and wouldn’t be surprised if not in the top six budgets outside the SPL) is the responsibility of one person. I don’t disagree that manager should have full say so on players arriving/going, but should it go tits up there’s no accountability for the BOD ?

17 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Just surprised that the entire players budget (and wouldn’t be surprised if not in the top six budgets outside the SPL) is the responsibility of one person. I don’t disagree that manager should have full say so on players arriving/going, but should it go tits up there’s no accountability for the BOD ?

You're sort of contradicting yourself there.

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

You wouldn't get any decent manager taking  a post at our level if the bod were telling him who he could or couldn't sign in a football sense.

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

You're sort of contradicting yourself there.

Not really, trying to understand that the BOD wouldn’t like us to repeat the mistakes from previous regimes, ie who signed off the utter waste of money for Griffiths etc. and the potential signing of DGW ?