The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

There's so many steps to that, where surely someone at some point should've went "Here, this will look quite tinpot and small. Time though eh?" fucking hell. The concept is pretty bad but that tweet, oaft. 

Thought this lot were meant to be marketing experts.

Chronic effort.

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Chronic effort.

They are paying good money I suppose but the attempt to associate our club with a carrot doesn't sit well with me.

They are a sponsor, they are on the jersey, it should end with that.

27 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Exactly , was it not the 90s it first became a thing?

I remember the Marquee on the pitch, and Steven Rennie belting it out, so that was 20 or so years ago. That’s not to say that night was the Genesis of it, but a personal guess that it would only have been in that era. Maybe a few years before then. I really have no memory of it during our provisional liquidation days nor at the 97 Cup Final, but maybe others have a clearer memory of it. I would recon the very late 90s. That’s still around 25 years, so it’s been around a while.

My recollections of Amarillo are that it was played fairly regularly, but the time I remember it really sparking up as a big sing along was after FT when we whipped Hearts 4 0 in the Cup under Jobby. 

Appreciate that it goes back way longer, but I don't recall mass participation before then. 

Just now, Hank von Hell said:

They are paying good money I suppose but the attempt to associate our club with a carrot doesn't sit well with me.

They are a sponsor, they are on the jersey, it should end with that.

It’s such an ill judged thing to do. Had we won the title, and the Dunfermline shirt sponsor did something like this at TFS, it would have been worthy of point and laugh ridicule. The league is done ffs.

Just comes across as a cheap stunt that the club needs to keep itself miles away from. Very poor.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Chronic effort.

I can only imagine, as Hank Von says that they're going for the old adage of "No publicity is bad..." etc etc. Speaks volumes that it's received radio silence from the Falkirk twitter. 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I can only imagine, as Hank Von says that they're going for the old adage of "No publicity is bad..." etc etc. Speaks volumes that it's received radio silence from the Falkirk twitter. 

Companies of this type who think that it’s jolly clever to go for the whacky/ cringy name and logo don’t inspire me with their abilities to build a client’s brand and marketing mix.

Could be worse to be fair they could have been Clarke EPOS.

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

We (Falkirk Daft) we’re tagged in the tweet too but decided against interacting with it. Don’t mind a fishing trip but it’s not the time nor place (that was months ago when FFC were still in the chase & only a few points behind). 

I know the reasons for playing this at Hampden and this conversation has probably been done to death already but how good would it have been if this was played at say Tannadice. The place would be packed and the atmosphere would have been great. 12,000 or so at Hampden is just going to takeaway so much from it.

Just now, PB1994 said:

I know the reasons for playing this at Hampden and this conversation has probably been done to death already but how good would it have been if this was played at say Tannadice. The place would be packed and the atmosphere would have been great. 12,000 or so at Hampden is just going to takeaway so much from it.

Tannadice is an awful stadium tbh and I’m not convinced if this game was anywhere other than Hampden that the ticket sales would even been as high as they are. The National stadium is a big draw, Tannadice really isn’t.

Only Easter Rd or Tynecastle as an alternative MAY have drawn a similar crowd but the Hampden factor can’t be ignored for me. 

2 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Tannadice is an awful stadium tbh and I’m not convinced if this game was anywhere other than Hampden that the ticket sales would even been as high as they are. The National stadium is a big draw, Tannadice really isn’t.

Only Easter Rd or Tynecastle as an alternative MAY have drawn a similar crowd but the Hampden factor can’t be ignored for me. 

I only used Tannadice as an example as it was one of the closed capacity wise to what tickets have been sold. I don’t actually mind it as a ground though.

I’m not sure if Hampden is much of a draw, I’d say it’s more the event of being in a cup semi final. Think we would have taken similar numbers to any ground in the central belt if it was played somewhere different.

13 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

What's the latest on tickets sold by ICT? The last I heard was 3,000, is it nearer 4k now?

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

What's the latest on tickets sold by ICT? The last I heard was 3,000, is it nearer 4k now?

It was over 3k last I heard. Think we might get to 3,500 but I don’t see us getting to 4k. We won’t get many last minute changes of minds to decide to go down to the game.