The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Agree.. beaten by a better side. If Morrison who was utterly stinking scores that open goal maybe it's a different game. What a fucking dreadful attempt that was. 

We were awful.

Olivers was probably worse, 2 complete brain farts

Caley took their chances and we didn’t. I thought we played okay in patches, but simply beaten by a side with better quality on the day - although I thought the defending for the second and third goals was absolutely howling.

Today was a bonus and play-offs are our bread and butter. I’m afraid I think today showed us there are a significant number of our squad who wouldn’t cut consistently it at Championship level, but it doesn’t matter - we have to get there first. On to the play-offs and let’s get out this league.

I thought we played ok and I didn't think they played that well but at the end of the day we lost 3 0.  Pen put us right on the back foot. Thats the worst side of var. Cross hit in 100 mile an hour no way it's deliberate. Half hearted claims from one ICT boy ref rightly gives nothing  and in the old days we all play on and noone gives a feck. Nowadays a pens given and your one nil down with ICT having done nothing but smack the ball off a defenders hand. ICT were all over the shop at set pieces and we had enough free headers that we really did not make the most of.. Two open goals missed and they take the first two chances they had in the game. Your the 3 down and chasing the game.  I thought burrell did well up top. Caused them loads of problems with his pace but we needed to feed it into the space more for him.  Who knows what may have happened without var we'll never know .

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Who knows what may have happened without var we'll never know .

You would have lost. The difference in poise, technique and class was alarming. Confidence is always a factor but the commentary of fans of sides who have played the Bairns this year has been consistent. You play nice, neat fitba but wilt under pressure with no plan B. I really would like to see Falkirk get back up with us to make the Champ the place to be but the softness in your guts is neither new nor easily fixed. 

The penalty decision gets worse each time I see it.

Scandalous really.  There's no way that the sanction and 'offence' are remotely proportionate.  McCann has literally done nothing wrong.  Morally, he's not; he's not even made an error.  It's just stupid.  Nobody suggested introducing VAR so that decisions like that could be made.

I enjoy a laugh at Falkirk's expense more than most.  I'm struggling to find that one funny though - it really is just wilful stupidity.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The penalty decision gets worse each time I see it.

Scandalous really.  There's no way that the sanction and 'offence' are remotely proportionate.  McCann has literally done nothing wrong.  Morally, he's not; he's not even made an error.  It's just stupid.  Nobody suggested introducing VAR so that decisions like that could be made.

I enjoy a laugh at Falkirk's expense more than most.  I'm struggling to find that one funny though - it really is just wilful stupidity.

It was hilarious.

Tbh we did absolutely f**k all of note today. If I have to watch anymore of two centre half’s fucking about with passes across the back 4, back and forth, I will tear my hair out. Just needless passing that takes us no where. It’s like having a back line of Burton O’Briens. 

Simply put the fans turned up today but most of the team didn’t. Very soft penalty put us on the back foot from the start. We then played some decent stuff without creating anything and our defending wasn’t good enough.

I was disappointed with the lack of fight- too many players including Morrison just didn’t turn up. Of course we have done well to reach this stage, but I don’t think anyone would claim we had a difficult run.

For me, any Falkirk side losing 3-0 to Inverness in a Scottish Cup semi final is unacceptable.

Guest Ecosse83

Played ok but far too soft, can have all the ball we want but if we switch off at the back it’s pointless.

We really need a striker that can hold the ball up more, Burrell really isn’t good enough. 

18 minutes ago, MightBeMaia said:

Pars win the league and their fans are still obsessed with us sad to see tbh

Fair do’s, but far from the saddest watch you’ll have today I’m guessing. Hard lines son. 

Oliver goes back in for the playoffs IMO. Very much onwards for me. I think we will progress. Obviously I hope we will. Today was a bonus, where ultimately the difference in the respective final thirds was way too much. Inverness were well organised an good value for that but anyone that thinks we embarrassed ourselves or anything like that is at it. 

Bring on the playoffs now. Honestly can't wait to be playing to go up.

52 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I thought we played ok and I didn't think they played that well but at the end of the day we lost 3 0.  Pen put us right on the back foot. Thats the worst side of var. Cross hit in 100 mile an hour no way it's deliberate. Half hearted claims from one ICT boy ref rightly gives nothing  and in the old days we all play on and noone gives a feck. Nowadays a pens given and your one nil down with ICT having done nothing but smack the ball off a defenders hand. ICT were all over the shop at set pieces and we had enough free headers that we really did not make the most of.. Two open goals missed and they take the first two chances they had in the game. Your the 3 down and chasing the game.  I thought burrell did well up top. Caused them loads of problems with his pace but we needed to feed it into the space more for him.  Who knows what may have happened without var we'll never know .

Probably the fairest assessment I've seen so far. We controlled the game and had chances but not the quality to finish them. ICT on the other hand were clinical but it's easy to do that when your handed a goal start by VAR.

ICT quick crosses were main difference whereas we had too many touches trying to spring in behind.

More quality needed up top and solidity in defence IF we make the Championship.

46 minutes ago, glasgow_bairn said:

Tbh we did absolutely f**k all of note today. If I have to watch anymore of two centre half’s fucking about with passes across the back 4, back and forth, I will tear my hair out. Just needless passing that takes us no where. It’s like having a back line of Burton O’Briens. 

Amen.. its excruciating to watch. Opened up absolutely nothing and ended inevitably with Henderson or Morrison losing a challenge .

3 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Amen.. its excruciating to watch. Opened up absolutely nothing and ended inevitably with Henderson or Morrison losing a challenge .

Hard to make it work when they are already a goal up with no need to try and press up