The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Oliver goes back in for the playoffs IMO. Very much onwards for me. I think we will progress. Obviously I hope we will. Today was a bonus, where ultimately the difference in the respective final thirds was way too much. Inverness were well organised an good value for that but anyone that thinks we embarrassed ourselves or anything like that is at it. 

Bring on the playoffs now. Honestly can't wait to be playing to go up.

Need to drop Morrison he never beat his man once today.I would bring in Oliver play with Kennedy as the only winger and give him the freedom to drift where he wants .

Its pretty obvious we are very lightweight and struggle to deal with the stronger sides Poor

14 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I assume he's injured as Williamson offers zero going forwards.

I don't really buy that there wasn't much in today's game. Inverness were happy to sit back purely because they were a couple up. They also hit the post a couple of times. It could easily have been 5. 

I thought for us only McGinn and Kennedy got pass marks. 

Williamson is all about his attacking side. He can't defend for toffee. They hit the post a couple of times once we started flinging players on at 3 0 and chasing the game.  The third goal was only their second chance of the game and their clinical finishing made the difference.  The scoreline flattered them especially with the ridiculous penalty decision.  When your playing a better side you need to a. Get the breaks and b. Take your chances.  We didn't. 

3 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Need to drop Morrison he never beat his man once today.I would bring in Oliver play with Kennedy as the only winger and give him the freedom to drift where he wants .

Its pretty obvious we are very lightweight and struggle to deal with the stronger sides Poor

I’d start Oliver and play him with Burrell as I think they could work. I agree with dropping Morrison, he has been really poor recently.

People talking a lot about tactics and we shouldn't have played with burrell up top on his own but we managed to create more than enough chances playing that way to get a result. . Having Oliver up top on his own wouldn't have improved that area of our game as his second half howler proved. Burrell gave them all sorts of problems with his pace. We should have scored with the one that hit the post and that was created by him causing havoc.  I wouldnt have taken him off second half I'd have kept him on with Oliver though.  Morrison was poor once again. He doesn't really have the pace or trickery to open up sides that sit back like ICT. Kennedy was lively. Williamson got forward a few times but he leaves you more open at the back . For their third you'd probably have Rowe tucking in to pick up Mackay at the back post.  Donaldson tries to play football far too often instead of just doing the basics. His distribution is so oor. I reckon he'll be moved on in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

People talking a lot about tactics and we shouldn't have played with burrell up top on his own but we managed to create more than enough chances playing that way to get a result. . Having Oliver up top on his own wouldn't have improved that area of our game as his second half howler proved. Burrell gave them all sorts of problems with his pace. We should have scored with the one that hit the post and that was created by him causing havoc.  I wouldnt have taken him off second half I'd have kept him on with Oliver though.  Morrison was poor once again. He doesn't really have the pace or trickery to open up sides that sit back like ICT. Kennedy was lively. Williamson got forward a few times but he leaves you more open at the back . For their third you'd probably have Rowe tucking in to pick up Mackay at the back post.  Donaldson tries to play football far too often instead of just doing the basics. His distribution is so oor. I reckon he'll be moved on in the summer. 

You were watching a different game from me. Burrell caused them no problems at all. He can't hold the ball up and has no composure. Where he does work is when he plays off another striker or balls are played over the top. He makes a decent impact sub. If we play one up front we have to start with Oliver in the play offs.

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’d start Oliver and play him with Burrell as I think they could work. I agree with dropping Morrison, he has been really poor recently.

Well, it certainly worked to reasonable effect against Dunfermline a few weeks ago, but long since abandoned unfortunately. I’d have put Oliver on at h/t today and gone 2 up top but that is not in McGlynn’s script, cannot make a substitution until the hour mark so he’s chucking on subs when we’ve gone three nil down and it’s far too late. A one-trick pony with little to no idea of how to change a game in progress. 

Played some decent stuff today but giving up chances at one end and failing to take golt-edged ones at the other is never going to end well. ICT were far, far too streetwise, something I never thought I would say. We are still soft as shite both on and off the park, something I hoped McGlynn would rectify but hasn’t. 

Without any doubt the shocking VAR decision had a major effect on this game. We were chasing the game after that. Totally played into their hands and they could sit back and absorb our attempts. Not much between the teams apart from having clinical strikers. Without the gifted penalty we’d have seen a different game. 

Think in terms of the playoffs now that discussion has moved that way, Inverness are SIGNIFICANTLY better than anything wel face. They are a side who are looking at Scottish Final and have a good shot at getting promoted to the Premiership. 

I'm sad tonight, but failing to beat that Inverness side doesn't really register for me as a concern for the games to come. 

2 hours ago, MightBeMaia said:

Pars win the league and their fans are still obsessed with us sad to see tbh

Your abject performances, complete shitehouse bottle merchant penguinesque manager and absolute seethe is too much to stay away from I'm afraid. As for you lot......couldn't be hooped with you to be honest.

7 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

You were watching a different game from me. Burrell caused them no problems at all. He can't hold the ball up and has no composure. Where he does work is when he plays off another striker or balls are played over the top. He makes a decent impact sub. If we play one up front we have to start with Oliver in the play offs.

You must have been at the pie stand when his run  and challenge created our best chance of the first half when we hit the post.

7 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Morrison missed an open goal after Burrell used his pace to chase down his own interception, causing Ridgers to fluff it.

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Simply put the fans turned up today but most of the team didn’t. Very soft penalty put us on the back foot from the start. We then played some decent stuff without creating anything and our defending wasn’t good enough.

I was disappointed with the lack of fight- too many players including Morrison just didn’t turn up. Of course we have done well to reach this stage, but I don’t think anyone would claim we had a difficult run.

For me, any Falkirk side losing 3-0 to Inverness in a Scottish Cup semi final is unacceptable.

What's wrong with Inverness that means they shouldn't beat us in a Scottish Cup semi-final? They're a better side than us currently and are in position to challenge for the Premier. It's entirely acceptable to consider that they could beat us.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

What's wrong with Inverness that means they shouldn't beat us in a Scottish Cup semi-final? They're a better side than us currently and are in position to challenge for the Premier. It's entirely acceptable to consider that they could beat us.

Just ignore him, he’s a dick.

I was relatively pleased with the way we played today (McGinn and Henderson in particular) but the gulf showed up front at either end.  To be fair both Inverness goals were well taken from great crosses, but we looked really weak at FB.  Penalty is simultaneously clearly a penalty and an absolute fucking nonsense, and just killed the game stone dead.  f**k VAR.

Just now, Disco Duck said:

Just ignore him, he’s a dick.

I was relatively pleased with the way we played today (McGinn and Henderson in particular) but the gulf showed up front at either end.  To be fair both Inverness goals were well taken from great crosses, but we looked really weak at FB.  Penalty is simultaneously clearly a penalty and an absolute fucking nonsense, and just killed the game stone dead.  f**k VAR.

Relatively pleased to get hosed 3 zip on national tele hahahaha