The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Trump said:

It’s got to be Ian McCall if he’s available. Not sure on his situation after leaving Thistle.

Neil Scally was his assistant at Partick. He said on one of the podcasts that him and Ian were placed on gardening leaving and unable to to speak to anyone until the summer IIRC.

So both probably now available. Whether they’d want it is another question entirely.  

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Embarrassing first half. Queens Park esq when Sheerin was in charge and see what that got him. Awful team selection. We were always getting murdered playing a narrow diamond. Utterly astonishing decision playing Williamson he is an imposter. Yeats had a great game when he came on made it an even poorer call.
We played for 25 minutes against 10 men and created nothing when another goal would have given us a glimmer of hope. Saturday a waste of time now. 

So do you agree mcglynn should be sacked ?

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Embarrassing first half. Queens Park esq when Sheerin was in charge and see what that got him. Awful team selection. We were always getting murdered playing a narrow diamond. Utterly astonishing decision playing Williamson he is an imposter. Yeats had a great game when he came on made it an even poorer call.
We played for 25 minutes against 10 men and created nothing when another goal would have given us a glimmer of hope. Saturday a waste of time now. 

The only way Saturday isn’t a waste of time is if the board announce after the game we are parting company with McGlynn and looking for a fresh approach next season.

I won’t hold my breath.

So much to say, but I can’t be arsed - a bit like the team.

If I have to watch another year of absolute jobbers like Gary Oliver, Aidan Nesbitt and Brad McKay starting for Falkirk I’ll honestly greet.

Another rebuild needed, but those of us without our heads in the sand knew that anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Bairn winner said:

McCall is now a must to speak too, McGlynn I'm afraid is not the answer. Club is sitting with a league 1 manager,  set of players and mentality😠😠

The league you've been playing in since 2019.

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

If I have to watch another year of absolute jobbers like Gary Oliver, Aidan Nesbitt and Brad McKay starting for Falkirk I’ll honestly greet.

Another rebuild needed, but those of us without our heads in the sand knew that anyway. 

But but but Gary Oliver does some good link up play !! (He’s also a centre forward in League 1 with 6 league goals).

It’s funny we all complain about George Craig despite the fact he oversaw one of the most successful periods in Falkirk’s history. Now look at us, with false hope with this fan ownership with no one credible candidate to take the lead and make good decisions. 

3 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

The good news is you won't!

In Nesbitts case it's 2 more years! Lucky you.

Just now, ChoppeReid said:

So a lot of people calling for McGlynn to go. But what do we think the chances of it happening are? Can’t see the board doing it to be honest. 

From my point of view I just about was on board with keeping him on but not after tonight. 

I defended him this morning but he got that completely wrong. There are ways to lose games and that was not it.

Defensively we can be a shambles too often.

We had our pants pulled down tonight by an Airdrie side who wanted it more and were streetwise.

Same failings we've seen for a while all on show tonight and a massive disappointment that leaves us a mountain to climb.

If it's L1 again next year as it looks to be then we need out the blocks quicker than this season. 

Patience is wearing thin I'd think now.

We're capable of scoring 4 goals but there's no chance we'll keep a clean sheet on Saturday. Losing Allan's a blow as it means the only option of a change up there is Matty Wright.

Kinnear
Yeats Donaldson Mckay Mccann
Henderson
Morrison Max Lawal Kennedy
Burrell. 

Edited by FFC 1876

15 minutes ago, ChoppeReid said:

So a lot of people calling for McGlynn to go. But what do we think the chances of it happening are? Can’t see the board doing it to be honest. 

From my point of view I just about was on board with keeping him on but not after tonight. 

Pretty sure he's on a two year contract. I hope to f**k it's a year with a year option, but he'll be fondly remembered for giving Nesbitt another two year deal when he could have left with the best wishes of absolutely no c**t. 

Tonight’s abhorrent display, was absolutely brutal, and embarrassing. However Airdrie deserve all plaudits for playing football which unfortunately we’ve mirrored only in five or six games over the full season. 
Saturday is now finished. Lucky to see half our average crowd probably. Time for the BOD to grow a pair and admit the appointment hasn’t worked. My guess is that they will do the easy and give the pigeon another year.