The Falkirk FC Thread

That’s it for him. That was Sheerin’s QP performance. Team selection all wrong, we were wide open in midfield. Away from home in a 2 leg tie, just keep it tight and play on the counter.

I’ve got a ticket for Saturday but won’t be going

2 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

The board aren't sacking McGlynn btw... no chance

I dont know about that. There's no point punting him before Saturday as there's nobody who's going to get a good enough tune out of those players that day to claw that back but I'd like to think he'll be away after then. 

Season ticket renewal time has started. Were we to go up there would have been a rush for ST's but since that's not going to happen now then something has to be done to entice people to part with their dosh. 

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

But but but Gary Oliver does some good link up play !! (He’s also a centre forward in League 1 with 6 league goals).

Ken mate, but he’s built up quite a fan club it would appear, seemingly because he “works hard” - which you would think is a prerequisite of being a professional footballer. Just got to ignore he can’t finish for shit.

Kinnear is horrendous. Nesbitt is a fucking shitebag and it’s a disgrace he’s been given a new deal. McKay was back to bombscare territory, Donaldson wasn’t any better. McCann is soft as f**k. McGinn, as captain, was an embarrassment tonight.

I could keep going, but I said I wouldn’t:lol:

Edited by 18BAIRN76

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Tonight’s abhorrent display, was absolutely brutal, and embarrassing. However Airdrie deserve all plaudits for playing football which unfortunately we’ve mirrored only in five or six games over the full season. 
Saturday is now finished. Lucky to see half our average crowd probably. Time for the BOD to grow a pair and admit the appointment hasn’t worked. My guess is that they will do the easy and give the pigeon another year. 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Tonight’s abhorrent display, was absolutely brutal, and embarrassing. However Airdrie deserve all plaudits for playing football which unfortunately we’ve mirrored only in five or six games over the full season. 
Saturday is now finished. Lucky to see half our average crowd probably. Time for the BOD to grow a pair and admit the appointment hasn’t worked. My guess is that they will do the easy and give the pigeon another year. 

They do that and the fans won’t return in the numbers they need. Strong decisions needed tonight,

Not many places to turn now - no radical changes available at board, manager or player level.

Throughout the season we have been just about good enough or good enough, apart from anything resembling a big game. So I guess next season that is the thing that needs addressed. Is Mcglynn the man for that job? Hard to believe he is given his record this season and some early signs ala Nesbitt 2 year deal (an utter shocker as pointed out by many at the time). 

Well done Airdrie. They played the sort of game I’d love to see my team play, and one we haven’t mustered for a decade plus. They are strong strong favourites to go up now, can’t see Alloa or Hamilton causing them too much bother. 

Just now, 1876 ffc said:

They do that and the fans won’t return in the numbers they need. Strong decisions needed tonight,

We actually lost all momentum when nesbitt went off mind you and Allen came on. I'd have taken Mackay off at that point.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Story I heard from a scout was that McCall was caught sniffing the white stuff which hastened his departure from firhill so I doubt he'll be back in football for a while.

Tbf, when you blamed the referee for that pumping tonight I thought you’d been sniffing the white stuff pal.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Story I heard from a scout was that McCall was caught sniffing the white stuff which hastened his departure from firhill so I doubt he'll be back in football for a while.

Allan Johnstone is clearly the genuine man to go for, got us up after a properly useless season in L1 and got us up in style.

McCall like you say has a bit too much baggage.

14 minutes ago, 1876 ffc said:

So do you agree mcglynn should be sacked ?

After tonight I wouldn’t keep him but it is not my call. 

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I dont know about that. There's no point punting him before Saturday as there's nobody who's going to get a good enough tune out of those players that day to claw that back but I'd like to think he'll be away after then. 

Season ticket renewal time has started. Were we to go up there would have been a rush for ST's but since that's not going to happen now then something has to be done to entice people to part with their dosh. 

It’s going to take something special for me to part with my cash for next season. PATG when I can be arsed! 

Just now, Tea and Busquets said:

Something we’ve lacked since being in this league that every title winning team has is a big bruising centre half. Our defenders are absolute shitebags and have been each season since we’ve been down here.

And a goal scorer

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

had also heard this.