The Falkirk FC Thread

40 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Can we not send him on a management course?

A sensitivity course?

29 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I don't have any worries at all about McGlynn building a decent squad this summer.

Like he did last summer?

28 minutes ago, kiddy said:

We had that chance last summer, when Scott Brown was on the market, & went for the fans choice  John McGlynn.

Suck it up folks, we’re stuck with him in the short term.

Scott Brown was not on the market for Scottish League 1. Absolute delusion.

17 minutes ago, grahamstonbairn said:

we need external investment if we are ever going to get out of this league.

I don't understand why on earth this should be the case.

You will, by a distance, be the biggest club in the division next season, as you have been during most of the last four.

Whatever lies behind the repeated failure, it's not down to an absence of resources.

Scunnered. We didn’t even have a go. The rebuild starts now - Brad McKay can be first to f**k off and he can take as many of the others with him as he wants. Imagine having a go at the fans when you’ve stunk the place out for 2 years. He better not wear our shirt again. 

Even though I think it’s very unlikely that McGlynn will be sacked, I wouldn’t be against the club approaching Maybury. From the outside it looks like he’s done a good job at Edinburgh City 

5 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Scunnered. We didn’t even have a go. The rebuild starts now - Brad McKay can be first to f**k off and he can take as many of the others with him as he wants. Imagine having a go at the fans when you’ve stunk the place out for 2 years. He better not wear our shirt again. 

What happened?

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You will, by a distance, be the biggest club in the division next season, as you have been during most of the last four.

Whatever lies behind the repeated failure, it's not down to an absence of resources.

By all accounts Falkirk outspent us this season.

We only made two permanent signings this season, both in the summer. Seemingly Falkirk made 11, although of course they shipped out absolutely loads (15 I think!).

This was to complement a squad who got relegated last season.

We of course used the loan market (5 of them over the course of the season). Falkirk apparently used 8.

Zero transfer fees were paid (apparently Falkirk paid a fee for Allan).

We had a load of players who, if they were punted in the summer, the vast majority of fans would not have missed. Guys like Mehmet, Todd, Chalmers, Breen and McCann genuinely wouldn't have been missed by most fans, but have been good to excellent this season.

The point of all of the above is that a good manager will see you through.

Edited by DA Baracus

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yep. It’s shite managers signing shite players.  Fuck all to do with money, Falkirk should absolutely pish League One but they never do.

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Even though I think it’s very unlikely that McGlynn will be sacked, I wouldn’t be against the club approaching Maybury. From the outside it looks like he’s done a good job at Edinburgh City 

Maybury is a weird one. He did well to get Edinburgh promoted straight after coming in and obviously had a great start to this season but they only picked up 13 points from their last 16 games. With Mutch, Craigen and Robertson already away, I reckon they’ll struggle next season.

Allan Johnston seems the obvious shout for me. Admittedly I didn’t want him anywhere near the Airdrie job last summer but his one skill of comfortably winning League One when he has by far the biggest budget seems an ideal fit for Falkirk next season. Deal with him being out of his depth in the Championship later, just get there first.

Just look at his signings, and how many of them have been sidelined.

Kinnear…….played regardless of how bad he was.

Burrell…….signs him, rarely played.

Lawal……signed him rarely played

Mackie……signs him, rarely uses him

Yeats…….signs him, rarely plays.

Wright……..signs him, rarely plays him

Allan……paid money for him. Better stats than Wighton and a few others. McGlynn doesn’t play him.

If you’re still raging about the game I’d wait until tomorrow before watching the interview. 

His message for the fans “Understand you’re all disappointed but you need to remember where we were this time last year”.

We remember, John. In League One after suffering the worst season in our entire history. So we’ve at least improved on the worst season ever but ultimately, still in the exact same place as we were. League 1.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We get you don’t like Falkirk, in fact I think with you it’s genuine hate which over a game of football is so unnecessary, but please stop coming onto this thread to just try and start an argument mate. It’s not needed.

Please feel free to post here but try and have a bit banter eh. You could have stopped your post here after the Pep comment.

Fair enough. I will try. Only if you try to stop calling folk ''mate'' in every post. Sounds really patronising.

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

What happened?

He had a gripe with a fan during the first half as he seemed to take exception to being called shite 🤷🏼‍♂️. Then at full time he’s telling guys to meet him outside cos he was getting more stick. When you’ve been a catastrophic failure for 2 seasons you take that on the chin and get up the tunnel. He can f**k off. 

1 minute ago, JulioBairn said:

He had a gripe with a fan during the first half as he seemed to take exception to being called shite 🤷🏼‍♂️. Then at full time he’s telling guys to meet him outside cos he was getting more stick. When you’ve been a catastrophic failure for 2 seasons you take that on the chin and get up the tunnel. He can f**k off. 

Breach of discipline hopefully someone has this on record and gets it to the club.

Just watched the interview and he’s basically confirming he ain’t going anywhere. Plenty of excuses in there and  what’s worrying is the chat of him talking to our out of contract players and on loan players who are ending their contracts with their clubs, don’t bother John, they are shite and barring Max who we have f**k all chance of getting don’t want any of the others.