The Falkirk FC Thread

If you're going to bring in a MacDonald and it's not our former right back instead of an aged keeper then you really aren't going to have a great transfer window.

Guest Ecosse83

As much as I’d like change I think Mcglynn will be here next season. If someone had offered me 2nd place and a cup semi at the start of the season I’d have taken it so on the face of it Mcglynn has done well. It’s been the last 2 months capitulation that’s worrying! 

If he’s here I won’t bitch and moan, I will ultimately renew my season ticket as well (mostly because I want my wee lad renewing his making sure he retains his interest in going to the games). He will be under pressure to make a good start and the goal for next season is to be Champions so he best get his finger out and make some good signing. Anything less than winning the league will 100% be failure now! 

51 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

No. Why?

I find it odd when people bought after that season and are “threatening” not to buy now especially if you are an FSS member. If FSS members are not happy with the calls their reps make then they have the ability now to do something about it. Not buying a ST now doesn’t help. But everyone is entitled to do as they wish. 

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not buying a ST now doesn’t help. 

Funny how much you've changed your tune.  Haven't you been the guy advocating a season ticket boycott every year for the past 5-6 seasons??  Amazing what having some pals on the board will do.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

I find it odd when people bought after that season and are “threatening” not to buy now especially if you are an FSS member. If FSS members are not happy with the calls their reps make then they have the ability now to do something about it. Not buying a ST now doesn’t help. But everyone is entitled to do as they wish. 

Amongst other reasons there was a sense that we had turned a corner when McGlynn was appointed. I renewed when the league cup campaign looked positive. We didn't have that when Sheerin was appointed. 

The last few weeks have totally undone that positivity. I was back in Elliots by 5 past 4 on Saturday and pretty much switched off from the football. Felt pretty good. 

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I find it odd when people bought after that season and are “threatening” not to buy now ...

I can understand it, now. 

Have fans become fatigued by constant messaging of giving managers better budgets with ever more cash being ploughed in in the hope it could only get better and it didn't overall?

Folk being scunnered coinciding with renewal time is a tough sell but I'll remain optimistic it won't dip too far. 

1 minute ago, Blame Me said:

Have fans become fatigued by constant messaging of giving managers better budgets with ever more cash being ploughed in in the hope it could only get better and it didn't overall?

Folk being scunnered coinciding with renewal time is a tough sell but I'll remain optimistic it won't dip too far. 

Scunnered is the best way to put it. I'm absolute done in by it. 

3 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

Dear you’re showing a lot hatred to Falkirk. You can’t deny the Falkirk fans live in your head, you’re just rambling on about intolerable we are haha. 

I honestly don’t hate Falkirk (if you’d a time machine I might have answered that differently in the late 80s/early 90s right enough!) and it would make no difference to me if you went up unless it was at the expense of Airdrie (and we didnt need to worry about that this season did we). I also don’t post frequently on here so don’t get me mixed up with others. I just find the ongoing bullish attitude surprising and thought I’d comment on how you’re perceived and why.

Anyway no doubt after we bottle it in the play offs again against Accies we’ll be doing the same tedious dance next season where you lurch from being world beaters to no hopers depending on single games and whether the sun is shining. 

17 minutes ago, Blame Me said:
33 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I find it odd when people bought after that season and are “threatening” not to buy now ...

This. Five years of utter shite has finally come to a head with many supporters. The “back John and the management team” has/is wearing so thin with many of the loyal supporters. I didn’t go on Saturday, purchased ticket but watched the game in local pub, family attended game but left after the first goal conceded and came to pub. A large group of other supporters were in pub, whether they had tickets I don’t know, but I know these fans as pretty much “die hard” and guys that follow the team regardless.

I have been a ticket holder for over forty years and since a teenager. 
The appalling way in which BODs Managers Players has finally made me think about not renewing. The next few weeks on how the BOD react, the manager bins, and who comes in will decide if my and family’s tickets will be renewed. It’s not that difficult tbh.

Whats also being forgotten is there is a price rise coming. A couple of quid will make a difference for many when they are already undecided.

This year we didn't have a league crowd under 3k. Next season will most likely see that change. I'd imagine gate money will take a hit anywhere north of £100k next seaon.

Just now, latapythelegend said:

Whats also being forgotten is there is a price rise coming. A couple of quid will make a difference for many when they are already undecided.

This year we didn't have a league crowd under 3k. Next season will most likely see that change. I'd imagine gate money will take a hit anywhere north of £100k next seaon.

Depends. A flying start might negate that 🤷‍♂️ Or some decent signings. 

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

A flying start is the minimum requirement tbh. Pressure will be on straight away. 

Totally agree. I feel flat and pissed off. But I also feel that it's so easy for McGlynn himself, AND the BoD if that's what they want, to put together a "case" for not sacking him that I'm just going to have to suck it up. Take a few weeks away from football on a Saturdays and start again next season hoping that McGlynn has learnt enough from this season to come good on the "2 year plan" aspect that has been occasionally talked about. 

He can build up his rock bottom credit bank with me in the meantime by signing people who look like filling in some of the glaring deficiencies in our style of play. 

But you're right. Given that there will be no room to even have a debate about whose team/squad it is, or that we are in fact, in year 2 of 2, I will be tipping up on day 1 with no patience for anything other than a team that goes for the throat and shows it intends to compete and win against everyone. 

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

I do get that but it is THEIR club now. They have a chance to shape it and help it develop. People are never going to agree with every call made by the board, manager or what player is better than the other. But what they all can do is recognise we are in a different place than 2 years ago behind the scenes and they have much more influence than ever before.