The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

What could possibly go wrong? A hefty loan given to a group where let's be honest there is a lack of accountability by the people who developed it. You only need to see that with the no chairman on the Club side of things. It hasn't worked out how they hoped so now borrowing money to kale their dream happen. 

Become a member and change all of those things if you don’t agree with how they’re operating then.

46 minutes ago, Enigma said:

With foodbanks in every town these days I struggle to accept that this is the best use of Government money, but there you go. 

A very short sighted view. 

We all detest the need for foodbanks but government supporting business and communities is exactly what reduces this as it keeps people employed, businesses investing in people and services etc. 

Struggling businesses and communities contribute to the problem and just ploughing cash into it often doesn't.

Foodbanks are a symptom not a cause.

11 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

What could possibly go wrong? A hefty loan given to a group where let's be honest their is a lack of accountability by the people who developed it. You only need to see that with the no chairman on the Club side of things. It hasn't worked out how they hoped so now borrowing money to kale their dream happen. 

What exactly is the risk though. Can you expand on this? 

Like, if the FSS can't pay back this loan, what's the risk to the club or to the fans who can simply cancel a PayPal sub?

13 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

What could possibly go wrong? A hefty loan given to a group where let's be honest their is a lack of accountability by the people who developed it. You only need to see that with the no chairman on the Club side of things. It hasn't worked out how they hoped so now borrowing money to kale their dream happen. 

Leaf it out mate. Be patient and lettuce all see the full details first.

26 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

This isn't a hefty loan. Would barely buy you a flat in Edinburgh 

In terms of ScotGov money it's a rounding error.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

From a weird series of coincidences I managed to find out about this last night and knew fine there'd be folk finding something to moan about it when it was announced (or leaked in this case).

Will wait for the details but the story I got was that it was pretty much a win-win.

Look forward to seeing the details, sounds good news on the surface. 

Was planning on starting to contribute to FSS but almost seems like it would be in the clubs best interests to actually go down the Falkirk Forever route now. 

Which leaves me a bit torn as I don't really like the moral decision that is now put on me 🤣

Will be interesting to see what, if any, implications exist.  If there are none, then it could turn out to be case of the government have just spunked free money at us.

In saying that, the way the COVID grants were dished out wasn't exactly kind to us given our relative size so..... f**k them.

Edited by MulsonFFC

1 minute ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

If you believe in fan ownership then FSS is the way to go. More members leads to a stronger fan voice.

Does this loan 'investment' from FSS not get the group to a position it wanted to be to have a significant fan voice?

Genuinely curious as to what would happen if FSS contributions stopped growing?

I'm not advocating for any of that by the way, just trying to understand it.

3 minutes ago, MulsonFFC said:

Does this loan 'investment' from FSS not get the group to a position it wanted to be to have a significant fan voice?

Genuinely curious as to what would happen if FSS contributions stopped growing?

I'm not advocating for any of that by the way, just trying to understand it.

Without knowing the details yet obviously, but yeah I assume this would take the shareholding somewhere close to the 26% original aim. 

Better to be representing the voices of 1000+ fans however than the ~700 currently.

50 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

What could possibly go wrong? A hefty loan given to a group where let's be honest their is a lack of accountability by the people who developed it. You only need to see that with the no chairman on the Club side of things. It hasn't worked out how they hoped so now borrowing money to make their dream happen. 

You’ve lost the plot, this is different levels of bitterness! 

11 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Mate we are in the middle of dreaming up all sorts of scenarios about what this news might be. We couldn’t be less interested in Airdrie or McCabe right now. 

Never said you were. My comment was about Arfield as player manager and your fans attitude to player managers last summer. 🤷🏻‍♂️