The Falkirk FC Thread

Falkirk FC chief exec Jamie Swinney said: “We congratulate the Supporters Society on taking this huge step forward.”

Meanwhile former Rangers star Kyle Hutton

They...just...can't...help...themselves...

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Is that a good thing? I’m unsure, probably because I don’t really know the ins and outs of it. Someone with better knowledge of it all than me can tell us if this is “great news” or not. 

Suppose it brings in cash up front 

3 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Is that a good thing? I’m unsure, probably because I don’t really know the ins and outs of it. Someone with better knowledge of it all than me can tell us if this is “great news” or not. 

Full details tomorrow but it’s definitely a good thing. 

2 key questions:
- Given the loan is to FSS not the club what is it secured against? What do they do if subscriptions drop?
- This will take many many years for FSS to repay - when people wouldn’t sign up to FSS to give the manager more budget, who is going to sign up when the income is all going on repaying a loan?

Finally is this best use of our taxes when other public services are struggling and struggling for cash? As great as income is for the club, I’m not convinced this is a good move for the Scottish Government. The precedent has now been set and all clubs will be looking for the same loan.

7 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

2 key questions:
- Given the loan is to FSS not the club what is it secured against? What do they do if subscriptions drop?
- This will take many many years for FSS to repay - when people wouldn’t sign up to FSS to give the manager more budget, who is going to sign up when the income is all going on repaying a loan?

Finally is this best use of our taxes when other public services are struggling and struggling for cash? As great as income is for the club, I’m not convinced this is a good move for the Scottish Government. The precedent has now been set and all clubs will be looking for the same loan.

Again answers to all these tomorrow.  All have been discussed and the devil is in the detail and we believe this is a fantastic deal. 

Also there will be a special Falkirk Daft podcast on Thursday about this. 

Edited by Roboccop

7 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

2 key questions:

It’s not the club that has taken the loan though, it’s the FSS. If clubs don’t have fan groups who want to own their club then they won’t get the loan. The FM said there is certain criteria that needs to be met.

Can’t say I’m surprised at that rag putting this out before it’s meant to but then to do so with almost no detail behind it is just disgusting. Click bait pish on the socials is all they want. 

Well done to FSS on getting this over the line as the first of many clubs & i am sure everyone/most will agree once the details/terms are out tomorrow. 

jeez, look at all the in-the-know fan board lap dogs who teased the story all day and the get fucked off coz the s*n leak it.  huge news indeed that we have borrowed money we dont actually need to borrow and for f**k knows what. aye huge news 

whats so great about this roboccop etc? 

5 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

It’s not the club that has taken the loan though, it’s the FSS. If clubs don’t have fan groups who want to own their club then they won’t get the loan. The FM said there is certain criteria that needs to be met.

An interest free loan that only box office clubs such as ourselves can attract. Diddies need not apply. Oaft this is gonna cause serious fume