The Falkirk FC Thread

On 13/06/2023 at 23:49, Blame Me said:

Interesting especially since Lewis is a strip aficionado as far as I know. 

Intrigued that the newest effort might incorporate some of our classic designs to kick off the new era 🤔

Nailed it. +1 for observation and intuition. 

Lewis donated the two old kits which the players wore and was allowed to watch the filming, presumably as a thank-you. 

One of the tops - number 4 - was a matchworn jersey from Yogi. The other was a standard replica that the fans bought. You could see the difference because the playerissue one had an embroidered badge and the retail ones had badges which were heatpressed into the fabric. 

I love the new kits. The red in the sleeve is designed in the shape of a steeple and I think the faint squares at the top of the jersey might be a nod to a certain strip that Chris Waddle would remember. 

6 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

Please tell me the away top is yellow?

Hopefully a version of the white away top from the same era.

That home top is absolutely lovely.

New kit is not too shabby at all.

I like the reference to some of our iconic old tops. The other thing is it’s not *generic* with a Falkirk badge stamped on it. Could be one of the all time greats that everyone talks about in the future.

Well done to O’Neills and those in the club who signed off on it.

23 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Nailed it. +1 for observation and intuition. 

Lewis donated the two old kits which the players wore and was allowed to watch the filming, presumably as a thank-you. 

One of the tops - number 4 - was a matchworn jersey from Yogi. The other was a standard replica that the fans bought. You could see the difference because the playerissue one had an embroidered badge and the retail ones had badges which were heatpressed into the fabric. 

I love the new kits. The red in the sleeve is designed in the shape of a steeple and I think the faint squares at the top of the jersey might be a nod to a certain strip that Chris Waddle would remember. 

I may even buy one 🙈