The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

I think the commercial/retail team have done brilliantly in the last 12 months since coming on board.

Definitely. Huge kudos to GS and the team. Brought in a tonne of sponsorship/hospitality in the past year. 

Also brilliant news about FSS. Hopefully continue to grow at the same rate of knots but 700 members is amazing. 

Edit to say a shout out to the Equity Bairns too who now have over 100 members sponsoring 6 shirts. Money to the club and to charity. Great effort by many Bairns. 

Edited by Van_damage

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

Burrell being a huffy b*****d is conjecture at this moment but if true I’m sure it would’ve been known before he signed. Football is a small industry and McGlynn will do his homework. I find it unlikely he would sign a disruptive influence, particularly one without  a proven record, so probably  best to leave the chat about that in the pub. 

To be fair Burrel has been going around liking tweets criticising McGlynn for not putting him in the team since after the playoffs. If that's not huffy not sure what is and very much in the public domain by the player. Likewise doesn't mean he was always huffy, could just mean him and one manager didn't get along. People don't get on for all sorts of reasons and doesn't mean either of them automatically must have a long term reputation for being difficult. Sometimes personalities clash and players/managers need to move on. Think a bigger deal is being made out of this than necessary on both sides. 

Burrell being a huffy b*****d is conjecture at this moment but if true I’m sure it would’ve been known before he signed. Football is a small industry and McGlynn will do his homework. I find it unlikely he would sign a disruptive influence, particularly one without  a proven record, so probably  best to leave the chat about that in the pub. 

I don’t plan on going to the pub but I still don’t think Burrell is a great loss and I still think he’s a huffy b*****d.
I’m happy to leave the ‘conjecture’ to the courtroom and carry on expressing my opinion on a football forum.

Thanks all the same tho 👍🏻

More relevant than chat about the Council or the other tedious pish that clogs up this site much of the time.

5 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

More relevant than chat about the Council or the other tedious pish that clogs up this site much of the time.

He's certainly going to work for a huffy wee b*****d anyway, so he'll be hard pushed to be the poisonous one in that dressing room.

28 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I don’t plan on going to the pub but I still don’t think Burrell is a great loss and I still think he’s a huffy b*****d.
I’m happy to leave the ‘conjecture’ to the courtroom and carry on expressing my opinion on a football forum.

Thanks all the same tho 👍🏻

Think that based on what though?

So you not think it as unfair to just throw personal accusations at a player without any evidence? 

3 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Think that based on what though?

So you not think it as unfair to just throw personal accusations at a player without any evidence? 

Based on what I’ve seen and heard of the guy. Why you so upset about it? I think he’s a huffy c**t, you maybe don’t. That’s ok 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Jimmy1876 said:

To be fair Burrel has been going around liking tweets criticising McGlynn for not putting him in the team since after the playoffs. If that's not huffy not sure what is and very much in the public domain by the player. Likewise doesn't mean he was always huffy, could just mean him and one manager didn't get along. People don't get on for all sorts of reasons and doesn't mean either of them automatically must have a long term reputation for being difficult. Sometimes personalities clash and players/managers need to move on. Think a bigger deal is being made out of this than necessary on both sides. 

Had a scroll through his likes on Twitter and couldn’t see any of what you said. The only one remotely close was a tweet that said ‘No in the mood for this today. Allan and Burrell on’. Feel it’s a stretch to say that undermines McGlynn, particularly when Allan and Burrell both came on that day and scored 2 goals to beat Kelty. 

Burrell will still have pals in that dressing room so if anyone close to the board is spreading unsubstantiated rumours about players then it’s not a good look. Sure the club wouldn’t want that too. Same goes for anyone slating club volunteers on here to be honest. If you have something to say about someone then at least be open about who you are/and or where it be rumour came  from. 

Edited by Van_damage

Had a scroll through his likes on Twitter and couldn’t see any of what you said. The only one remotely close was a tweet that said ‘No in the mood for this today. Allan and Burrell on’. Feel it’s a stretch to say that undermines McGlynn, particularly when Allan and Burrell both came on that day and scored 2 goals to beat Kelty. 

I would have a re-read of the most recent tweet he liked which is the one I was referring to and is very much undermining the management tactically and for team choices. 

Agree with most of the rest of your post so assume it was not directed at me. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I would have a re-read of the most recent tweet he liked which is the one I was referring to and is very much undermining the management tactically and for team choices. 

Clearly by that point he knew he was leaving the club. Ultimately in my view we have a player who is a goal threat (albeit inconsistent) leaving the club and strikers either coming in to replace him or extending their contracts who will not get many, which is a worry.

25 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

No wasn’t directed at you mate.

Sorry missed his most recent liked tweet of

‘Brilliant player. Unfortunately our management team didn’t understand how to get the best out of you. Their tactics & player selection leave a lot to be desired! Best of luck in your future big fella!’

Maybe he liked the whole thing or just the best of luck sentiment. That tweet he liked though was in reply to his own tweet thanking the fans and wishing the club the best for the future. He did like every single reply that was posted along with that, including one that said hates the fucking pars, so if that’s the only evidence to him causing disrupt in Christmas then it’s not very strong. 

That said, even if he did like the part about McGlynn he doesn’t have to like or agree with him, especially when he got shot of him. That one tweet is little evidence of that though.

What I’m talking about mainly are rumours coming from inside that he was a disruption in the dressing room and causing problems whilst he was with us. Really don’t see what benefit that serves. Also seems unfair to castigate him without any real substance and as I said, if true then poses more questions than answers. 

Edited by Van_damage

Cove are welcome to burrell, no great loss whatsoever. Was useless whenever he got a start. 

Anyway autographs, aye Tommy mcqueen, when I went back round to get players I missed he checked my book as he was adamant he already signed it which he had, seen it, told me to f**k off. 

Good times the 90s

17 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

It was waiting on the players getting close to the side to hand over your autograph book.

Wonder if anyone has any kicking about from the past as memories from then

Still have my autograph book from back in the day. Used to go down early to Brockville on a Saturday and get the players when they come out their cars. Of the top of my head Fergie, Roxburgh, Tam Young, Geordie Miller and loads more all there