The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Connor Smith won't be going to either of us. He's far too good for league 1 wouldn't be surprised if Hearts give him a chance in their first team. If he does get loaned out i can see him going back to Queens Park. He'll definitely not be in league 1 though. 

I said the same about Archie Meekison in January and he ended up here on loan.

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I said the same about Archie Meekison in January and he ended up here on loan.

Rankin has even publicly admitted that it's very unlikely and silly to think that Connor would come back to us. And he expects him to get a chance at Hearts which I do as well. If he does get loaned out it will be in January to a team aiming for promotion in the championship. Won't be to Accies or Falkirk that's for sure 

38 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

BB already stated, without actually stating, McGinn and Oliver's contract extensions were triggered automatically so I don't know why we're still debating why McGlynn chose to extend their deals. 

It was bonkers giving Gary Oliver a deal that included an appearance based extension in the first place Imo. 

Guest Ecosse83
45 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Been said before already, nothing odd about Oliver and mcginn taking up the option of the year extensions they were entitled too. 

Eta: definitely agree on the Nesbitt one though, that was just out of the blue for me and in my opinion not really deserved. 

Fair enough I assumed we decided to retain them both. 

Interesting to see no how Mcglynn will get both Spencer and Mcginn in the same side! 

I think a few loans will come in now, hopefully a good young right back first. 

Forget the goalscorer thing. We have done this to death. We were second top scorers last season. Outscored thanks to an impressive purple patch of tankings by Airdrie. We outscored the champions, yet missed out on the title handily. 

The real focus needs to be on Right Back. A problem area for years, and even when addressed it was initially done so with a man made of weetabix. He was so broken that McGlynn had to bring Rowe in. 

Both of those are now gone. 

I personally think its utter madness to think McGlynn plans to start the season without one. However, its our worst position of weakness by a mile. Way worse than up top, and if it doesn't get addressed, McGlynn ought to retire and never darken a football clubs door again

Guest Back Post Misses
14 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Fair enough I assumed we decided to retain them both. 

Interesting to see no how Mcglynn will get both Spencer and Mcginn in the same side! 

I think a few loans will come in now, hopefully a good young right back first. 

I actually think he will use McGinn a lot less this season - save his legs a bit 

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I actually think he will use McGinn a lot less this season - save his legs a bit 

Drop him back to a Scott McKenzie role in a back three, Henderson and Spencer middle of the park, Lawal Attacking mid, Morrison Right and McCann Miller left and two strikers...

Lets attack the league, best form of defence is attack 👌👌

McCall would do something like the above, being far too cagey fuked us last season

Guest Ecosse83
20 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Yeah I agree, probably get more from him over the course of the season using him that way as well. 

McGinn I’m less bothered about because I think, despite the fact his legs are going a bit, he still has a role to play. In the Ayr game for example, I thought he was excellent, and I still think he was our best player vs ICT at Hampden. Even if it’s a much reduced role on the pitch, he’ll be a good person to have about the dressing room, especially as an example to the younger players in the squad. I’m happy with him staying in that capacity.

I don’t blame McGlynn for Oliver staying - as others have said, the clause in his contract has been done to death. However, he can be massively questioned for giving him a contract with such a clause in it in the first place. I actually understand the chat that we might need to offer slightly more money or more secure contracts in League One. But, similar to a few others we still have in and around our squad, I just can’t picture Oliver having a massive queue of suitors last summer who we had to fend off in order to secure him on such a deal where he held all the cards as to whether he got a second year or not. Ultimately, it will be McGlynn who answers to these cumulative decisions in the long-run.

45 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Forget the goalscorer thing. We have done this to death. We were second top scorers last season. Outscored thanks to an impressive purple patch of tankings by Airdrie. We outscored the champions, yet missed out on the title handily. 

The real focus needs to be on Right Back. A problem area for years, and even when addressed it was initially done so with a man made of weetabix. He was so broken that McGlynn had to bring Rowe in. 

I personally think its utter madness to think McGlynn plans to start the season without one. However, its our worst position of weakness by a mile. Way worse than up top, and if it doesn't get addressed, McGlynn ought to retire and never darken a football clubs door again

harsh on weetabix

If you’re after a right back I wonder if McGlynn might go for Dave McKay. Released from QotS and McGlynn seemed to prefer him as a right back. Would do a job in League One.

30 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

God we need competitive football.  The amount of girning about nothing on here is incredible.  

Much as I agree with you, never let your right to be a moaning faced b*****d be taken away except out of your cold dead hands. 

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

If you’re after a right back I wonder if McGlynn might go for Dave McKay. Released from QotS and McGlynn seemed to prefer him as a right back. Would do a job in League One.

If it's the same guy I'm thinking of, he was awful against us at TFS last year and ended up getting sent off.

Guest FFC1965

Anybody else heading to Bonnyrigg tomorrow night?  

I shall be jumping on the 31 bus from central Edinburgh to see how we are shaping up.  

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Right back is obvious but there's no midfield enforcer in there either, and Id still prefer another centre forward whether we get them is a different story.

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

Does anyone actually think we’ll start the season without signing a right back?

I'd hope not but if push comes to shove he'll play Yeats or McKay there pish as it is. Might have no choice if the biscuit tin is empty. Hence McGlynn the other day sending a message to get your season tickets bought. 

4 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Right back is obvious but there's no midfield enforcer in there either, and Id still prefer another centre forward whether we get them is a different story.

I'd hope not but if push comes to shove he'll play Yeats or McKay there pish as it is. Might have no choice if the biscuit tin is empty. Hence McGlynn the other day sending a message to get your season tickets bought. 

Ah'll tell ye what aswell Kenny, if Finn Yeats has spent the summer consolidating his not inconsiderate skills at RB with a view to moving there, as much as il be raging with McGlynn, that laddie will get supported right to the tippy fucking top of the rafters. 

Not once did he fail to get wired in last season. Not even for a minute.