The Falkirk FC Thread

46 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Bizarre that anyone thought we we weren't setup to attack teams last year 🤨

We may have struggled to break down the low-block at times but to suggest we didn't have a go in most matches, as I've read it, is plainly wrong. 

McGlynn and the players have to make that dominance count in more games - especially against the better sides - than they did last year. 

I think we did attack teams but at times it was too slow and laboured. There was also too much of a gap between front and back and we didn’t get it forward fast enough. It broke down when we passed the ball to death about the back and midfield and the opponents broke against us and our defending wasn’t up to scratch.

Fix that utter shambles of a defence, and we will have a realistic chance of winning the league……even with our trademark Largs based slow as treacle build ups.

If the defence is still a mess, then it will be the play offs yet again……and we know what that means.

17 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Fix that utter shambles of a defence, and we will have a realistic chance of winning the league……even with our trademark Largs based slow as treacle build ups.

If the defence is still a mess, then it will be the play offs yet again……and we know what that means.

Hamilton building a decent team however I don’t see them going on such a run like we saw from Dunfermline. 

30 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Hamilton building a decent team however I don’t see them going on such a run like we saw from Dunfermline. 

Not sure they've brought in any real standouts. Barjonas never looked anything special. Henderson was awful at queen's park last season. Hendrie very meh. Tumilty was ok with us but nothing great. Hopefully they've also made the same mistake we did and kept the dud manager that got them relegated in the first place. I see they've set a target of 1000 season tickets for the first time ever so that tells you what we are up against . No excuses this season we have to get out this league .  I'm sure some decent loans will come in before we start in earnest to add to what we have . They are usually the players that make that difference in quality at the end of the day.

The key thing this season is likely to be results against whoever the other 2 best teams are in the league. That's the biggest thing that needs fixed. Beating Hamilton in out home games for example, would make a huge dent compared to last season. We need big match wins. 

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The “pragmatic” approach won Dunfermline the league last year. I don’t care how we set up as long as we get results! We can worry about playing pretty football when we eventual get the f**k out this league! 

The pragmatic approach Falkirk took lost the league and that is a fact.

The opposition had us sussed and we faffed about in the middle of the park passing sideways and backward until we got bullied off the ball.

Go for it at kick-off, force them back into their box and pummel them corner after corner shot after shot setting out our stall this is what your in for playing Falkirk.

If we are going to win this league then we need a change of style to do it.

49 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Not sure they've brought in any real standouts. Barjonas never looked anything special. Henderson was awful at queen's park last season. Hendrie very meh. Tumilty was ok with us but nothing great. Hopefully they've also made the same mistake we did and kept the dud manager that got them relegated in the first place. I see they've set a target of 1000 season tickets for the first time ever so that tells you what we are up against . No excuses this season we have to get out this league .  I'm sure some decent loans will come in before we start in earnest to add to what we have . They are usually the players that make that difference in quality at the end of the day.

I think Barjonas will shine in a decent team, especially one who tries to play football. Henderson has proved it in this league with Alloa and I think Longridge will be solid enough. Will be interesting to see how Kilday gets on as I always thought he was pretty solid. 

8 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I think Barjonas will shine in a decent team, especially one who tries to play football. Henderson has proved it in this league with Alloa and I think Longridge will be solid enough. Will be interesting to see how Kilday gets on as I always thought he was pretty solid. 

I'm glad our scouts managed to put mcglynn off barjonas.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The pragmatic approach Falkirk took lost the league and that is a fact.

The opposition had us sussed and we faffed about in the middle of the park passing sideways and backward until we got bullied off the ball.

Go for it at kick-off, force them back into their box and pummel them corner after corner shot after shot setting out our stall this is what your in for playing Falkirk.

If we are going to win this league then we need a change of style to do it.

And when the ball was eventually passed back to the keeper it was invariably rolled back out to a player for the passing about to start again, rather than punting it up the park.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

This 

You've forgotten to tell me who you were thinking about as our box2box midfielder 3 seasons ago. I'd be really interested to know as I just can't think who you mean.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

I tend not to take too much notice of opposition players, unless they're real standouts. QotS fans seem to think that Hendrie has turned to shit however and, when with us, Tumilty was almost as a bad a defender as Williamson (almost). He was good going forward though.

36 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

And when the ball was eventually passed back to the keeper it was invariably rolled back out to a player for the passing about to start again, rather than punting it up the park.

... to turn possession back over to the opposition, missing the midfield and aiming for Oliver or Morrison or Kennedy or Burrell or Allan who are renowned for their aerial ability.