The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Hughsie said:

It’s a Fife based provider.

Does anyone have the actual story regarding the link to Pars TV and whether any of the subscription money goes there? I think it’s obvious that the guys running it are Pars fans but presumably this company is completely separate from DAFC.

There are some of the usual ramblings on the Facebook page suggesting otherwise.

Apologies if this has already been answered, however AFAIK. 

Whoever it is that runs ParsTV at the start of covid helped out a few clubs with the set up of there streaming service, Queen of the South were one of those so @Skyline Drifter will know the details of who it is that actually gets paid. 

44 minutes ago, tokyo bairn said:

I seem to have been able to switch over no problem as an existing subscriber.

It’s fixed. There was a specific issue with my email address. Brian was excellent and communicated quickly and regularly. 

11 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Apologies if this has already been answered, however AFAIK. 

Whoever it is that runs ParsTV at the start of covid helped out a few clubs with the set up of there streaming service, Queen of the South were one of those so @Skyline Drifter will know the details of who it is that actually gets paid. 

@LeodhasXD has already explained it all I think. We partnered with Brian through the Covid closed stadium era. Alloa were on board too for a short period. I think a couple of Highland League clubs too.

For avoidance of doubt no money goes to Dunfermline Athletic directly. Brian's company charge for their services though (was pretty reasonable when we did it but we've not done streaming for over a year so no idea what it costs now). Whether Brian reinvests his profits in any way sponsoring Dunfermline is up to him. I couldn't care less, the platform was solid and I think had only one fairly minor failure in the two years we ran it.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

22 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

@LeodhasXD has already explained it all I think. We partnered with Brian through the Covid closed stadium era. Alloa were on board too for a short period. I think a couple of Highland League clubs too.

For avoidance of doubt no money goes to Dunfermline Athletic directly. Brian's company charge for their services though (was pretty reasonable when we did it but we've not done streaming for over a year so no idea what it costs now). Whether Brian reinvests his profits in any way sponsoring Dunfermline is up to him. I couldn't care less, the platform was solid and I think had only one fairly minor failure in the two years we ran it.

That'll teach me for jumping in, it's been explained pretty thoroughly! 

It's odd to see Brian being so praised, if you go on the Dunfermline thread and do a search/ask about him the replies will be a bit less complimentary. 

3 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

That'll teach me for jumping in, it's been explained pretty thoroughly! 

It's odd to see Brian being so praised, if you go on the Dunfermline thread and do a search/ask about him the replies will be a bit less complimentary. 

Maybe because it has less to do with hosting and more to do with content and delivery which would be club specific? 

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

Maybe because it has less to do with hosting and more to do with content and delivery which would be club specific? 

No idea matey, goes over my head a bit. 

It's odd, there are quite a few complaints with ParsTV, however when I watched QoTSTV it was very good.

42 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

https://dafc.net/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1897928&t=1897928

Here’s a thread posted by Brian who is now hosting Falkirk TV, just to give you an idea of level of service to expect. A quick scroll of their forum show almost weekly posts complaining about the Pards TV streams.

Why we binned a very good setup I’ve no idea.

Ach, I used ParsTV for years, and being honest I'd see complaints and a good amount of the time it would be user error. It's also one of those that when it's working nothing gets said. 

Another facet is that Brian just isn't very popular with some, there's history going back, and he's just quite abrasive with his online posts. I've met him a couple of times and he was lovely but dafc.net is a bonfire. 

22 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

What in the f**k are you guys spending all the money on that you require an extra £400k per year - every year - to merely be sustainable?

Yes, I wonder that a lot.

How other clubs seem to operate at a similar, or even higher, level, with a fraction of Falkirk's income, I've no idea.

I wouldn't be too worried if it's good enough for other clubs to sail the good ship admin (some more than once) then it'll clear the decks. But that's maybe yet to come if McGlynn fails to get us up this season there will surely be a season of hybrid before the shit really hits the fan. 

It’s patently clear that we have been paying over the odds for a standard of player that hasn’t been good enough. There is more than a handful of players in our squad, who on paper, were ‘Championship players’ who we likely paid a premium to, but I’d really like to know what the competition for their signature was like. Someone mentioned McGuffie - a ‘Championship player’ at the time, in name but nothing else - being paid more despite very few vying for his signature. All hypothetical of course, but it would be good to see where a number of the players in our squad who we seemingly ‘convinced’ to make the drop down would have ended up if they hadn’t come to us.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

It’s patently clear that we have been paying over the odds for a standard of player that hasn’t been good enough. There is more than a handful of players in our squad, who on paper, were ‘Championship players’ who we likely paid a premium to, but I’d really like to know what the competition for their signature was like. Someone mentioned McGuffie - a ‘Championship player’ at the time, in name but nothing else - being paid more despite very few vying for his signature. All hypothetical of course, but it would be good to see where a number of the players in our squad who we seemingly ‘convinced’ to make the drop down would have ended up if they hadn’t come to us.

Either same level or bottom end championship be my guess. And that's the ones that are deemed "championship" players. You've then got utter imposters like Williamson who we were well warned was a crock but we still signed him anyway. Scott Mercer who was just basically utter shite but was probably on a decent wage for a year. He's probably at his level now. Then there was others like Buchanan, Tidser to name a couple. It's not difficult to see we have flung money at dross and a helluva lot of it over the seasons. 

Edited by ebobsboy

33 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

Anyone signed up for the spartans stream?  What a weird website! buy credits!?

In their team line up they call the subs Finishers. Absolute wrong uns.