The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The club never announced how long Alfie's deal was, hopefully a Todd Boehly esque 9 year deal after yesterday's performance.

Two years; I asked him when I snapped him for the precontract pic. It's not a secret and was meant to be announced when he formally joined us for preseason. 

Sounds like a promising performance and obviously a good result albeit a wee bit frustrating we lost the late goal. Given the circumstances though, can’t be too hard on them.

Really interested to see where we’re at on Tuesday but certainly in a good position to get through the group which would be a great result given the financial situation. The more money in, the better.

How much better is Gary Oliver to watch in the middle of the park, he's more of a goal threat in there too. 

Is it just a one game ban for Spencer or will he miss Peterhead as well?

Team for Tuesday

Long
Yeats Donaldson Lang Mccann
Oliver McGinn Miller
Morrison MacIver Agyeman

Big shout out to Coll Donaldson yesterday too. Thought he was superb, as was Lang. Graham never had a sniff really from open play. That referee was the worst I’ve ever seen (which takes some doing). Before he sent Spencer off, he looked at the linesman for a good bit of time. He had no idea what to do. As for their keeper, he was clearly outside the box. Biggest laugh was when their winger went in late on McCann nothing given two seconds later it was a free kick to Thistle. Both McGinn and Spencer were booked for mouthing. Must be so hard when you are clearly up against inadequate standard officials. 

5 hours ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

You forgiven him then? 😂

Who? Lang? Forgiven him for playing for Clyde. Was that the 3 2 game?   We were rotten that day and if I remember rightly he actually gifted us a penalty with a rash challenge which got us back in the game.

Edited by Shodwall cat

46 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

How much better is Gary Oliver to watch in the middle of the park, he's more of a goal threat in there too. 

Is it just a one game ban for Spencer or will he miss Peterhead as well?

Team for Tuesday

Long
Yeats Donaldson Lang Mccann
Oliver McGinn Miller
Morrison MacIver Agyeman

Probably wishful thinking he’ll play Miller at Cm. I’d play Yeats and McGinn sitting with Oliver just in front of him. Oliver is so much better when he has 2 players behind him that can sit. He plays the number 10 role a lot better than Nesbitt imo. 

2 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Probably wishful thinking he’ll play Miller at Cm. I’d play Yeats and McGinn sitting with Oliver just in front of him. Oliver is so much better when he has 2 players behind him that can sit. He plays the number 10 role a lot better than Nesbitt imo. 

Yates in the middle means Mackay at right back the now and I really don't want him anywhere near the side except in emergencies.

11 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yates in the middle means Mackay at right back the now and I really don't want him anywhere near the side except in emergencies.

I totally get that. McKay is simply not good enough. However, we have a relatively small squad and with Hendo, Nesbitt and Spencer all injured or suspended do we have another Cm that isn’t one of the apprentices?

Edit** totally forgot about Lawal! 

Edited by Big chungus

3 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Great game and day out, I’m sure a neutral would even have enjoyed that match.

Aggie man of the match, I hope we can get consistency from him this season and MacIver is doing a great job of leading the frontline.

I know we can’t have a keeper giving goals away, but he’s a young lad and I love how he goes for everything in the air and keeps the ball moving, hopefully with game time he gets a bit of match fit experience. 

Also, you know the fans are doing well when the opposition players are giving you gestures on the way back to the halfway line 😂👏

Cemented my dislike of Anton Dowds

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Is there a difference in the contract signed by full or part time players?

Full time players are employed for a full 35-40 hours a week.

Part time players employed for about 10 hours a week (2 nights of training and 1 game per week, with the second training session cancelled if we have a midweek game)

I don’t think the legacy contracts is a massive roadblock to going part time though. If we were going part time then players on existing contracts would be offered the choice to either leave, go down to PT on much reduced wages, or keep their existing contracts on the understanding that midweek daytimes are to be used for independent fitness work rather than training. 

8 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Gutted I missed it now but from highlights it looked like a much better performance.  Utd tails will be up after yesterday so important we keep it tight. 

Haven't seen it mentioned but I take it no chance Henderson back in time?  

He was on the park pre match as I saw him coming off. Not sure if he had taken part in the pre match warmup or not though as I hadn't noticed him prior to that.

15 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Full time players are employed for a full 35-40 hours a week.

Part time players employed for about 10 hours a week (2 nights of training and 1 game per week, with the second training session cancelled if we have a midweek game)

I don’t think the legacy contracts is a massive roadblock to going part time though. If we were going part time then players on existing contracts would be offered the choice to either leave, go down to PT on much reduced wages, or keep their existing contracts on the understanding that midweek daytimes are to be used for independent fitness work rather than training. 

I don't remember professional football contracts mentioning hours. You attend as required for a certain amount of money is about the extent of it. If a club goes part time during the currency of a full time player's contract, they'd maintain the agreed wage for less hours or the club could try negotiating reduced terms.