The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I thought Finn was tremendous at right back yesterday I've got to say. Fitzpatrick is a decent player and apart from one moment in the first half I can't really remember him having much of a sniff.

Leahy 2.0.

1 hour ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Am I the only person who misses Lewis's dulcet tones on the highlights? The new guys seem competent and I am not criticising but I do prefer Lewis's biased tone. 

New commentator doing a good job imo.

6 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

Leahy 2.0.

Yeats has never been a mainstay in our midfield, and indeed has only a handful of midfield matches in his senior career really, so he could quite easily be the next in a long line of players who changed position successfully early on

14 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Is there a difference in the contract signed by full or part time players?

No, all player contracts are identical. 

Sometimes it's on nicer paper.

Edited by Hank von Hell

4 hours ago, MrDust said:

Andy bringing his boots

Ps it's a joke 

I'd have had Lang as my motm yesterday, Agyeman was superb but can frustrate and at times can go down easily which makes refs question what is a foul or not.

There was times he was fouled and not given anything, perhaps because the ref was shit but part of it will be how easily he can go down.

Sibbald return on Tuesday, I'm sure it's his first return since leaving 

I don’t like to single out posts that are well meaning but this is just utter utter drivel.

Agyeman does not go down easily. Watch his goal or 2 or 3 other highlights on the FTV package. If you were there on Saturday it’s actually ridiculous how little he does go down and will frustrate our support this season as he often gets fouled 2 or 3 times before he does go down. 

7 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I don’t like to single out posts that are well meaning but this is just utter utter drivel.

Agyeman does not go down easily. Watch his goal or 2 or 3 other highlights on the FTV package. If you were there on Saturday it’s actually ridiculous how little he does go down and will frustrate our support this season as he often gets fouled 2 or 3 times before he does go down. 

There was times he was actually taken to ground and still bounced back up to continue his run

6 hours ago, GeordieBairn said:

There was times he was actually taken to ground and still bounced back up to continue his run

Literally the polar opposite of Nathan Austin then. Used to frustrate me so much how many times he would go down when he was barley even touched. Yes sometimes the ref would give a freekick but not always.

Certainly didn't seem to fall over too much on Saturday.  Needs to improve his final ball a bit if I was going to be a wee bit critical on anything. He got into some great positions and then hit the first defender too often.

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Certainly didn't seem to fall over too much on Saturday.  Needs to improve his final ball a bit if I was going to be a wee bit critical on anything. He got into some great positions and then hit the first defender too often.

That’s why I think he’d be even more effective playing up front through the middle. I think him up top with a strike partner would be a good move. Would rather see him getting in behind defences and having a shot as opposed to being wide and crossing 

17 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Am I the only person who misses Lewis's dulcet tones on the highlights? The new guys seem competent and I am not criticising but I do prefer Lewis's biased tone. 

I don't know  if it was where camera was situated on Saturday but the camera view was more zoomed to a smaller area that you didn't quite get the fuller area to see what was further afield especially nearside. 

A shy nearside highlighted that where you could only see the person taking the shy and not who they were aiming for.

It's not a criticism just needs camera person on the ball to keep up, criticism I do have is where is the replays 

It does mean I have to focus 100% tho 

13 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Why would highlights show him going down too easily?

For me there was 2/3 times he went down far too easily and 2/3 times he was fouled and got fuk all from the ref

It's one game and I'll see if it's one game, every player will do that at some point but I think his build perhaps or previous kicks and staying on his feet doesn't help him towards the ref albeit Saturdays was a cock of a ref.

5 hours ago, MrDust said:

I don't know  if it was where camera was situated on Saturday but the camera view was more zoomed to a smaller area that you didn't quite get the fuller area to see what was further afield especially nearside. 

A shy nearside highlighted that where you could only see the person taking the shy and not who they were aiming for.

It's not a criticism just needs camera person on the ball to keep up, criticism I do have is where is the replays 

It does mean I have to focus 100% tho 

Why would highlights show him going down too easily?

For me there was 2/3 times he went down far too easily and 2/3 times he was fouled and got fuk all from the ref

It's one game and I'll see if it's one game, every player will do that at some point but I think his build perhaps or previous kicks and staying on his feet doesn't help him towards the ref albeit Saturdays was a cock of a ref.

I can’t comment on the whole game but didn’t see much wrong with the highlights. Doesn’t help that there is a pillar that blocks the view at certain areas of the pitch.

Do think those who can do the camera well should get paid to help ensure they are available to do it. The club make decent money from Falkirk TV so should make sure they have a competent operator to film all matches as that’s what people pay to see. 

Edited by Van_damage

3 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I am a carer for my disabled partner so rarely get out of the house.  A charity in Edinburgh who are for carers asked me if they could do anything for me so I could have some respite and get me out of the house sometimes.  I couldn't think of anything I wanted to go to, then I mentioned I've not been to see my beloved Falkirk in a couple of seasons.  They are only going to pay for a season ticket for me as I couldn't afford it otherwise.  Yippee.  They said at least that would make me happy every week or two.  I said they obviously don't know about Falkirk then  :)  

Excited to get out of the house and back to following the Bairns in the flesh, rather than the highlights. Brilliant !!!

Excellent stuff!

25 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I've been trying to buy a season ticket for the Kevin McAllister stand.  The website says phone the club shop.  No-one answers, same with any other extension.  Is Monday day off?

The main site? (falkirkfc.co.uk)

Link from the ticketing site appears to be working for KM stand: https://ticket.falkirkfc.co.uk/packages/LZEmOKzmpW/e/Rpgn3Zga3q#basket_popup

31 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I am a carer for my disabled partner so rarely get out of the house.  A charity in Edinburgh who are for carers asked me if they could do anything for me so I could have some respite and get me out of the house sometimes.  I couldn't think of anything I wanted to go to, then I mentioned I've not been to see my beloved Falkirk in a couple of seasons.  They are only going to pay for a season ticket for me as I couldn't afford it otherwise.  Yippee.  They said at least that would make me happy every week or two.  I said they obviously don't know about Falkirk then  :)  

Excited to get out of the house and back to following the Bairns in the flesh, rather than the highlights. Brilliant !!!

Delighted for you!

Which charity?

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

Do think those who can do the camera well should get paid to help ensure they are available to do it. The club make decent money from Falkirk TV so should make sure they have a competent operator to film all matches as that’s what people to see. 

They do have a competent operator though. For several years now the filming has been done by the media officer who also produces the highlights. Luke McGuire occasionally helps out, and he's at Uni studying film-making. He did the Spartans filming. I haven't seen the CVs of the other volunteers, but having met them I think one is a retired cameraman, at least to judge by his age, and the other is a young woman who I assume is at Uni. Given that she filmed the Arbroath game and there were no complaints it's probably reasonable to describe them all as competent. 

I can't think of any occasion in recent years where someone new and unskilled was given the task of filming for Falkirk TV.