The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

5 of those 16 are already taken up though. Your only looking at 11 places for the teams in the group stages.  You've got 17 championship and top flight clubs in the group stages fighting it out for 11 places yet you think league one sides not qualifying is failure. Gies a break.

Again obviously not every team will qualify but that should be the goal which I think is realistic. Do you come into this tournament after the draw has been made and go 3rd is the aim?

9 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Again obviously not every team will qualify but that should be the goal which I think is realistic. Do you come into this tournament after the draw has been made and go 3rd is the aim?

The aim for every team entering is to win the league cup . I just don't see it being a failure for league one sides not to qualify out of the group since they will all  be seeded third at best. Doesn't mean they can't qualify but you said it was a failure for them not to qualify. I don't think many league one sides will be sacking their managed solely through not getting out of their league cup group.

Edited by Shodwall cat

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

The aim for every team entering is to win the league cup . I just don't see it being a failure for league one sides not to qualify out of the group since they will all  be seeded third at best. Doesn't mean they can't qualify but you said it was a failure for them not to qualify.

Maybe failure wasn't the right word from my end to use however I still think it is a very realistic for a FT league 1 club to be qualifying from the group and that should be the realistic aim for all championship and FT league 1 clubs.

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

I was at their game last week. They are shite. Started well against a rotten stenny and then let them back into it. Was awful viewing. 

It's really not. Not at these group stages anyway. I don't think a single Fan of any Club is gutted if they don't get through, all a bit meh. 

I don’t think fans of most clubs are too concerned when it’s weighted against them but definitely is the real thing being one of the 2 major domestic cups. 

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

That sounds great, I’ll email the club to see if they would want any of the things I have.

You’re probably better contacting the Falkirk Football Heritage Trust and talking to Michael White or Alan Brown. 

2 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Interesting that they are moving to full time…

IMG_2606.jpeg

IMG_2605.jpeg

I think someone else mentioned that Cove are now over £3mm in debt. That’s a hell of a thing for a club that size to manage let alone pay off. All down to when their sugar daddy decides to pay up or walk away.

You’d think this has to make them a much less daunting prospect this coming season……unless they want to go on the full fat Launderers business model. All depends who is owed the money.

Pressure really ramping up now. 13 without a clean sheet in competitive games I believe? Really not sure if Mcglynn and the current players have it in them to do enough in the first quarter to save Mcglynn. 

Edited by bairn88