The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yep. One way or another we part company next May at the latest IMO. Ideally it's advertising for a job in the Championship

Aye, I think so, although I wonder if the BOD might think that he could keep us up so may give him another year?

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’ve highlighted what I think, to me anyway, is your key point here.

Firstly, I’m not a fan of McGlynn as I find his tactics poor and his team selections baffling however I 100% want him to succeed as that means my team are doing well, however I do get the impression that some posters want McGlynn to fail just so as they can say ‘I told you so’.

Nail on head.

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It's clearly a failure of McGlynn's not to have managed to sign one, because he said himself that it was a priority. What annoys me are the folk that come on here claiming that he 'hadn't targeted one' or that 'he'd decided to spend his budget elsewhere' or that 'he only signs players within 30 miles' or any of that other pish, when they have absolutely no idea of what's gone on. 

Maybe he tried to sign Rowe, or Tumilty, or Hodson but, for whatever reason, was unsuccessful. We just don't know.

The 30 miles radius one is my favourite. Makes it sound like a fucking speed limit.

15 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Depends who the manager is, an Ian McCall type who is out of work would not cost a penny.

Two different years and football seasons with completely different sets of circumstances, budgets and starting bases which are incomparable for multiple reasons. Think you’re adding 2+2 together and getting 5 here, the club setting commercial targets means nothing when budgets are based on the previous years income. My advice is maybe stop thinking about this, if you want to scrutinise the club finances shareholders will probably receive papers around November / December time. At the moment having looked at all the available information I am more than content the club has a solid and conservatively put together plan going through this cutrent year which does not involving having to meet any excessive or overly ambitions targets as you keep suggesting. Perhaps you should quiz the BOD at the upcoming AGM or I’m pretty certain if you wanted to fire over an email you’d get a response as in full as could be allowed legally. 

But you’d be paying wages for McGlynn until his contract runs out as well as the new manager is what I meant. 

Just discussing based on a conversation about budgets. I doubt I’ll be told more than what has been stated but as you said you were confident was curious what else that was based on. 

Here’s the squads for this season and last. Put in those who were signed up to us this season against those last season. Most of the free spaces are loans or youth players and some of those signed this season such as Spencer and Lang I’d expect to be on a decent wage. I doubt Seb Ross, Jaime Wilson, Finlay Malcolm and Blair Sneddon were on much.

Alegria, Juan

Allan, Jordan

Allan, Jordan

Burke, Shay

Walker, Rhys

Burrell, Rumarn

Ageyman, Alfredo

Carroll, Pearse

Carroll, Pearse

Connolly, Kyle

Honey man, Scott

Donaldson, Coll

Donaldson, Coll

Hall, Liam

Long, Sam

Henderson, Liam

Henderson, Liam

Hetherington, Steven

Spencer, Brad

Hogarth, Nicky

Kennedy, Kai

Kinnear, Brian

Kucheriavyi, Max

Lawal, Oluwasegun

Lawal, Oluwasegun

Mackie, Sean

Mackie, Sean

Malcolm, Finlay

Martin, Paddy

Hogarth, Nicky

McCann, Leon

McCann, Leon

McGinley, Max

McGinn, Stephen

McGinn, Stephen

McGuffie, Craig

Miller, Calvin

McKay, Brad

McKay, Brad

McMurray, Leon

Meekison, Archie

Morrison, Callumn

Morrison, Callumn

Morrison, Peter

Hayward, Owen

Nesbitt, Aidan

Nesbitt, Aidan

Oliver, Gary

Oliver, Gary

Ross, Seb

Rowe, Blaine

Sinclair, Logan

Sinclair, Logan

Sneddon, Blair

Watson, Paul

Lang, Tom

Williamson, Ryan

MacIver, Ross

Wilson, Jaime

Wright, Matthew

Yeats, Finn

Yeats, Finn

29 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Reading the last few pages, is there any posters who don’t think we should have signed a right back ? My opinion is that it’s a mistake not to have signed one.

Me. 

Asymmetrical football is the future. 

Two left backs and two right wingers is what we need. 

We were definitely in for Tumilty. Is it a possibility that after failing to get him McGlynn felt Finn Yates is a better option  than the others available so spent the budget on Spencer and Lang?
It’s also an option that we’ll bring a right back in on loan. It’s also an option that he fucked it and we’ll all believe what we want to believe depending on our opinion of McGlynn. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Yep. One way or another we part company next May at the latest IMO. Ideally it's advertising for a job in the Championship

If we go up, McGlynn is going nowhere unless he retires.

If he can replicate what he did with Raith, I am ok with that. He did a great job with Raith.

I'd like to think no one is really sitting on the told you so camp if McGlynn fails. I personally think the squad is unbalanced as it stands but I don't think we can't win the league but a lot will  depend on loans we get in and as always the manager.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

It's clearly a failure of McGlynn's not to have managed to sign one, because he said himself that it was a priority. What annoys me are the folk that come on here claiming that he 'hadn't targeted one' or that 'he'd decided to spend his budget elsewhere' or that 'he only signs players within 30 miles' or any of that other pish, when they have absolutely no idea of what's gone on. 

Maybe he tried to sign Rowe, or Tumilty, or Hodson but, for whatever reason, was unsuccessful. We just don't know.

Is there a poster on here that is in the mind he didn't try to sign a right back ?

The 30 miles tag was a Houstie thing and is old news.

Edited by MrDust

Our squad according to the P&B Gurus

Long - prone to mistakes that will kill us

Yeats - Never a right back

Donaldson - an idiot not fit to wear the jersey

Lang - Could be okay but makes mistakes

McCann - McGlynn hates him

Mercer - the physios best friend

McKay - hope he never reads this

McGinn - lasts 10mins then needs a zimmer

Spencer- good signing but not a box to box hero

Henderson - midfield or center half?

Lawal - too fancy with no brain

Miller - only a squaddie 

Ageyman - tries to beat the whole opposition and will frustrate us to feck

Morrison - lost interest

McIver - waste of money as he cant score

Nesbit - will self combust after 1 season so why 2

Oliver - what does he add

Allan - waste of money panic buy

Hogarth - Not good enough 

All the youngsters- loan them out

GIVE UP NOW WE HAVE NO CHANCE

Three out the first four games away will actually suit us, a good opening start and three wins away will be the a fantastic confidence boost. 
I don’t like McGlynn and after the Airdrie capitulation should have walked, however he gets a clean slate and we all should support and back him for the new league campaign.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Three out the first four games away will actually suit us, a good opening start and three wins away will be the a fantastic confidence boost. 
I don’t like McGlynn and after the Airdrie capitulation should have walked, however he gets a clean slate and we all should support and back him for the new league campaign.

One game at a time for me. Cove will be tough but Alloa away might be the best indicator as we'll know which results we need to better come kick-off.

If we're already in a position of playing catch-up on someone - or simply keeping pace - then that is the earliest we'll see what fight we have in this group.

14 minutes ago, Barr said:

Im due to sit down with Jamie this afternoon for a catch up pod, any questions for him that I’ll add to my list?

Is there scope to use the loan market, or does any incoming whether permanent or loan, require bodies out the door. 

Edited by Bairnardo
Spelling

21 minutes ago, Barr said:

Im due to sit down with Jamie this afternoon for a catch up pod, any questions for him that I’ll add to my list?

Is there a way to probe how we could have spent the budget without a recognised RB in the squad? Seems a major oversight for a position that's long been a problem.

Also, please tell him thanks for arranging my cup semi final tickets to be sent to Hampden last minute and for replying to my panicked messages while he was at a wedding!

26 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

One game at a time for me. Cove will be tough but Alloa away might be the best indicator as we'll know which results we need to better come kick-off.

If we're already in a position of playing catch-up on someone - or simply keeping pace - then that is the earliest we'll see what fight we have in this group.

I get exactly where your coming from, but if we don’t get off the league campaign with some confidence boosting wins ( I would even take three or four  shitey 1-0) I think we all know what what the situation will be like.

I think Annan will be similar to Peterhead last Saturday.

They have pace to counter and their midfielder Lussint is a threat. He's good with the ball and has decent height which could cause us problems.

Stifling these breaks will be key and will require us to be much better with the ball than I've seen.