The Falkirk FC Thread

28 minutes ago, MulsonFFC said:

Hendo?!  Seen him play out of position enough, f**k seeing him at left back.

There was an Arbroath fan on here last season saying he played left back most of the time for them. However, he felt his best position was Centre back. Hendo has played left back countless times over his career and can play there pretty comfortably.

Edited by Big chungus

23 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Without trying to be too nit-picky, the Mackie signing did tbh, we had Leon McCann and Hendo, that was totally fine no need to sign Mackie. 

We can't really ever know the though process at that time and can only guess at the reasoning but to say we shouldn't have signed X because 12-14 months later we might miss out on Y is through-the-looking glass stuff.

Edited by Blame Me
Revised

2 hours ago, Bairns1994 said:

Nah it wasn't a renewal, it's my first season ticket in a while. I'll just assume it'll come in the post eventually, cheers.

The club uses 2nd class post. Expect it for the last game of the season. If it doesn’t arrive, go into the shop and they will print you a paper ticket.

26 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

The club uses 2nd class post. Expect it for the last game of the season. If it doesn’t arrive, go into the shop and they will print you a paper ticket.

Bought online you can view it in the "My Members Card" section of the ticket site when logged in and the QR code will get you in if you screenshot it to your phone.

Edited by Blame Me

49 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Without trying to be too nit-picky, the Mackie signing did tbh, we had Leon McCann and Hendo, that was totally fine no need to sign Mackie. Now we have signed Calvin Miller who was playing left wing back for Morton for 6 months. With no recognised right back and only one striker that fits into Mcglynns style of play I personally think it’s too naive to say there isn’t some imbalance in the squad. However, I’m sure there’s an imbalance in just about every team out there at the moment.

Nah. I would argue that Mackie actually makes the squad more balanced because he can play in two positions on the left. We have two right sided CBs, two left sided CBs and a LB (not including McKay who I don't think is in his long term plans). What we need is a RB. Don't know if anyone's noticed that though. 

4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I’m no happy clapper but the level of misery and whining on here is pathetic.

You’ll tend to find that’s what 5 seasons in league one does to a club with a premiership fan base. 

I really don’t think anyone should be disgraced for their negative opinions anymore. If they are proved wrong and we finally have a decent season, fair enough. However it’s reasonable to have serious doubts going into this season 100% 

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It was. Hendo was signed as Houstie's preferred LB replacement when Leahy left in the summer, with 17 year old Tony Gallacher expected to challenge him for the jersey. 

I don't remember him ever actually playing 1st time round. 

4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I’m no happy clapper but the levels of misery and whining on hear is pathetic.

Just wait till about 7 or 8 games in to the season and if it's a mixed bag of results the whinometer will be off the scale. Not to mention the verbals from the stands towards McGlynn and the players. 

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

I see the scout boy Allan Fraser has moved to Nottingham forest. Wonder if we will be replacing him.

With a right back? 

19 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't remember him ever actually playing 1st time round. 

He didn't. He got injured at the start of the season and by the time he recovered Jordan McGhee has been signed. He didn't play a competitive game for us first time round, as after Hartley arrived he was put on loan to Edinburgh City then released in January to sign for them. 

42 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I see the scout boy Allan Fraser has moved to Nottingham forest. Wonder if we will be replacing him.

I wouldn’t imagine so- I believe a chunk of the scouting budget has been reallocated to youth development this season 

Edited by PedroMoutinho

43 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Just wait till about 7 or 8 games in to the season and if it's a mixed bag of results the whinometer will be off the scale. Not to mention the verbals from the stands towards McGlynn and the players. 

With a right back? 

7 or 8 games in I will be whining if it’s not going well but before a ball has been kicked in the league is a wee bit premature.

2 hours ago, Big chungus said:

Without trying to be too nit-picky, the Mackie signing did tbh, we had Leon McCann and Hendo, that was totally fine no need to sign Mackie. Now we have signed Calvin Miller who was playing left wing back for Morton for 6 months. With no recognised right back and only one striker that fits into Mcglynns style of play I personally think it’s too naive to say there isn’t some imbalance in the squad. However, I’m sure there’s an imbalance in just about every team out there at the moment.

Miller played left( or right) in a front 3 for us. We didn't play wing backs, it was 433/4231.

He did play the last game of the season at left back  only because Calum Waters and Lewis Strapp were injured.