The Falkirk FC Thread

Obviously not the best footage to make a proper judgement but it doesn’t look like it hits Henderson at all to me.

The reaction of our players says a lot as well.

Surely there’s no way the referee can say for sure if it’s hit an arm and if so, whose arm it’s hit from the angle he is at. If it’s true he didn’t consult with the assistant on that side it just makes it even more bizarre that he’s given the penalty.

All of that said, we know what to expect from the officials in this league now and if you take care of the things we can control (i.e. not giving goals away every week) then we should have enough to overcome these crap calls.

Agree with above post. It’s the third tier we’re in, and we should have learned it’s third tier referees. We need to be better defensively and get out this hell hole. There’s a couple of weeks till the transfer window is closed, although we’ve played our hand, let’s hope someone does McGlynn a favour and we get one or two loans in. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

How do you learn to avoid penalties being given out of thin air?

Novel approach but scoring to lead and avoiding gifting goals when you're on top might help!

Not sure it'll catch on though

Edited by Blame Me
Spelling

The worst part of the full thing, and it’s been mentioned in a few posts, is the fact the lineman clearly flags to call the referee over. Now, the head of referees need to find out why he didn’t go across and use his linesman. He may still not have changed his mind, but the fact he completely ignored him questions the point of the linesman. That cost us two points and top spot. 

2 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

The worst part of the full thing, and it’s been mentioned in a few posts, is the fact the lineman clearly flags to call the referee over. Now, the head of referees need to find out why he didn’t go across and use his linesman. He may still not have changed his mind, but the fact he completely ignored him questions the point of the linesman. That cost us two points and top spot. 

Not defending it as it’s a dreadful decision but may have spoken through the radio mics. 

4 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Meant to mention re the switch from McGlynn. Started off with Aggyeman - Miller - Morrison and changed to Morrison - Aggyeman - Miller mid way through the first half. All 3 had much more joy and with Aggyeman in the middle we were easily winning the midfield battle with his physicality. Both Morrison and Miller were much more effective on their natural sides as well. Inverted wingers only really work if they have been coached from a young age to play there like Kennedy was. Hopefully we finally see Morrison back on the right from now on 

Ps where are the highlights? I want to tap those last minute scenes straight to my veins 

I noticed that too, Morrison looks far more lively down the right and both he and Miller had some nice deliveries from wide. I like Alfie but I think he’s more suited to be playing more central as his crossing isn’t the best and as you say his physicality in the middle is a big plus.

There were some good examples, and the commentator even used the exact term in the highlights, of "good centre forward play" from McIver yesterday. Boy is certainly making some of the takes when we signed him look silly on a weekly basis, but what he does along with Agyeman being more central will be physically too much to handle for every defence in this league. 

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There were some good examples, and the commentator even used the exact term in the highlights, of "good centre forward play" from McIver yesterday. Boy is certainly making some of the takes when we signed him look silly on a weekly basis, but what he does along with Agyeman being more central will be physically too much to handle for every defence in this league. 

Aye, I could see McIvor and Agyeman causing a lot of trouble to defences in this league if played together through the middle, I don't think McGlynn will change his style to accommodate it though.

On the 'penalty', having watched the slow mo and paused it umpteen times, I don't think the ball even reached Henderson, never mind hit his arm. It's difficult to see definitively however I think the most likely outcome was the ball coming off the head of the Cove player last.

Edit to say that there's still plenty of time for big McIvor to go off the boil (inevitable really), which no doubt will cheer up those that wanted Harry Kane instead.

Edited by ShaggerG

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

When Ageyman is playing central it’s effectively a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1. I for one think it’s much better and totally agree it could prove too much to handle for teams in this league.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, I could see McIvor and Agyeman causing a lot of trouble to defences in this league if played together through the middle, I don't think McGlynn will change his style to accommodate it though.

On the 'penalty', having watched the slow mo and paused it umpteen times, I don't think the ball even reached Henderson, never mind hit his arm. It's difficult to see definitively however I think the most likely outcome was the ball coming off the head of the Cove player last.

He’s switched Ageyman central for a bit yesterday and I’m sure he’s done it in the league cup once or twice. 

Just now, Big chungus said:

He’s switched Ageyman central for a bit yesterday and I’m sure he’s done it in the league cup once or twice. 

I meant playing that way from the start. I suppose it does show that he can at least change things up during a game right enough, as he did yesterday.

37 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

... but what he does along with Agyeman being more central will be physically too much to handle for every defence in this league. 

Like them both but they've got to translate that into goals. 

MacIver has had the knack recently and Ageyman has shown glimpses but saying "too much to handle" is a reach whilst there's no consistent, end product.

5 hours ago, bairn88 said:

That penalty is an absolute disgrace. The decision is bad enough, as it hits a cove arm and not ours, but the manner of it is the real problem. The ref is at the corner of the other side of the box, looking through around 14 bodies. The fact that he gives it should genuinely cause serious alarm bells, and I don’t say that lightly. He has ignored his lineman who has a clear view of it and who wanted to talk to the referee. The club has this footage and I’d hope there would be an email sent to question the process that went on there. 

Whilst I never wish to operate at Celtic levels of paranoia & generate conspiracy theories I agree that something stank about that decision today alongside the decision when we were attacking late in & he opted to stop the game. His incompetence allied to his arrogance made for severe levels of frustration even 24hours later.

3 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Gary Holt masterclass giving Brad McKay a THREE year deal while in league 1. Still absolutely baffling. 

Incredibly he’s a pundit on Radio Scotland this afternoon pontificating on Hearts v Killie. Begs the question what credentials he has for this given he has no career to speak of. 

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Absolutely & apparently the linesman is quoted as saying it wasn’t a pen 🙈