The Falkirk FC Thread

I expect some flak for this but can we put this into perspective.

Brad McKay is now 2nd choice to a midfielder in a position that isn't his either and unlikely to play if the two that occupy his preferred position are fit at centre-back.

We've known for a while - McGlynn does too based on my earlier statement - that he isn't first choice but he's playing out of necessity. It's ultimately not his fault that he's still required in this squad.

I don't think it helps us or the player to constantly berate him or blame all our ills on his presence.

There were 9 other outfield players on Saturday who could have performed much better and not put Brad McKay in the position that selling a goal then needed a last minute equaliser to spare us defeat.

Edited by Blame Me

29 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Brad McKay is now 2nd choice to a midfielder in a position that isn't his either and unlikely to play if the two that occupy his preferred position are fit at centre-back.

We've known for a while - McGlynn does too based on my earlier statement - that he isn't first choice but he's playing out of necessity. It's ultimately not his fault that he's still required in this squad.

I don't think it helps us or the player to constantly berate him or blame all our ills on his presence.

There were 9 other outfield players on Saturday who could have performed much better and not put Brad McKay in the position that selling a goal then needed a last minute equaliser to spare us defeat.

No defending Mckay for literally handing them a goal. Result would be different if Coll was still on IMO

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

I agree, there's little to be gained by constantly abusing the guy. He does his best which ultimately hasn't been good enough though. Again, we don't know what kind of conversations have been held behind the scenes. Has McGlynn told him that he's not in his plans but he's been unable to get a gig somewhere else? If he knows that he's only there because of injuries and the squad being light it's bound to affect his commitment and form.

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I agree, there's little to be gained by constantly abusing the guy. He does his best which ultimately hasn't been good enough though. Again, we don't know what kind of conversations have been held behind the scenes. Has McGlynn told him that he's not in his plans but he's been unable to get a gig somewhere else? If he knows that he's only there because of injuries and the squad being light it's bound to affect his commitment and form.

I have heard that what you have described is pretty much what has happened earlier in pre-season.

Might be wrong but wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by MulsonFFC

11 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think this version might well hold a lot of truth.

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

There’s no doubt McKay is the largest part to blame for Burrells goal but have a look back at the positioning of the other players. Lang should have been in a better position to clear the ball rather than let it bounce over his head and Burrell was left completely unmarked.

Ageyman was put on Burrell for the goal kick and as soon as he cleared up front for the second phase McCann should have been closer to Burrell, with the rest of the defence less congested. There’s little contemplating for McKays back header but McCann is just jogging back and if Burrell was gambling on the chance then our defence should have been more alert to him too. 

Had the ball over the top landed closer to the other side of the pitch then Burrell would’ve been clean through with a simple route one ball. McKay is definitely the culprit but feel he could have been helped by his team mates too. 

Edited by Van_damage

51 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

A shame that the Challenge Cup got rid of a few English sides. Seem to remember Borehamwood recently being in it. Much more attractive day out than Bala or Coleraine

Why would a drab commuter town be a more attractive day out than a nice wee town near the coast in N Ireland?

Pleased with that draw, always enjoy a trip to Somerset and the old terracing.

Winnable tie, it's about time we banked another challenge cup.

My wife is from Ayr and her family are still down that way so can go down for a visit and swing by the 'convenient' football at the same time. Lovely 

4 hours ago, Blame Me said:

He took part in 38 games last season and has played a part in 5 of 6 games this season.

Like it or not, Brad McKay is a regular under McGlynn and if he continues to be picked and continues to play poorly whilst displaying a poor attitude then he will continue to receive flak from the fans.

30 minutes ago, Richie Sacramento said:

A bit harsh to criticize effort or commitment...he's just too error prone...he cannot be replied upon for 90 minutes not to gift the opposition 1 (or 2) goals a game.

Definitely can’t criticise his commitment as he actually covered for Lang’s mistake as it was Lang’s ball to deal with and if McKay hadn’t been able to get back and cover then their striker would’ve been clean through. Unfortunate for McKay he completely misjudged his header and Burrell was left unmarked for an easy finish. 

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

Definitely can’t criticise his commitment as he actually covered for Lang’s mistake as it was Lang’s ball to deal with and if McKay hadn’t been able to get back and cover then their striker would’ve been clean through. Unfortunate for McKay he completely misjudged his header and Burrell was left unmarked for an easy finish. 

Aye you are right it was Lang to deal with if he was 12 foot 6. It was an aimless lump up the pitch into the right CH channel to deal with. MCKay could have headed To the keeper, headed it left, headed straight and then cleared it but no he heads it into the only place of danger. The man is not good enough and has more mistakes in him than a 7 year old doing integral algebra. Completely indefensible that mistake. 

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I’m no seeing folk trying to blame Lang for that goal on Saturday. Surely not.

No McKay is definitely to blame but just saying Lang’s positioning for a route one ball wasn’t great either. Had it been Burrell playing that side then he might have caught it on the bounce. McKay on current form makes the defence weaker but we still look a little disorganised whether he plays or not.