The Falkirk FC Thread

We have to beat Albion tonight. Yes they are on a decent run of form and will make it difficult but anything else other than a win is unacceptable. Hamilton are quietly going about their business beating teams we have previously had issues with. There are posters on here say its not a disaster if we fail to win tonight, I say it is. Once that gap starts it gets in the heads of everyone involved its hard to turn it around as we've saw. I want to be sitting here 14 hours from now praising a win, any sort of win and not listening to McGlynn flapping, telling us how it's hard to break down these teams or we've gave away another cheap goal. 

32 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

I agree, the season will not be decided until it’s mathematically impossible for any team to be caught at the top.. 

…….and you agree with me that alarm bells will start ringing if we lose tonight. 

Apart from my opinion that tonight is a must win game to prevent Hamilton stretching their lead at the top and setting those alarm bells off,, where does the “knicker wetting” in the extreme lie?

Saying tonight is must win in mid August is a huge over reaction IMO. It is just nonsense. Anyway looking forward to the game tonight and take in the atmosphere the young team will bring. 

18 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Saying tonight is must win in mid August is a huge over reaction IMO. It is just nonsense. Anyway looking forward to the game tonight and take in the atmosphere the young team will bring. 

must win game to prevent Hamilton stretching their lead at the top and setting those alarm bells off,

We're all full of the joys today! Talk of getting beat by Stirling Albion and the ramifications that would have when we're about to play our 3rd league game of the season. That's THIRD as in first, second, third. 

Lets all turn up tonight, get right behind the lads, expect the unexpected and COYB

9 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

82 v Raith.

PICT0027.jpg

Another pic from the Raith game in April 82 shows the sparse attendance in the enclosure. The pic shows Wilson Hoggan scoring a penalty in the last 5 mins of the game to give Falkirk a 3-2 win. I think attendances were still suffering from the 3 seasons in the bottom league.

PICT0006.jpg

I was at most of the home games in the 70's. I remember great crowds at the start of the decade to three men, their sister and a dug in the middle to late 70's some games.  I exaggerate of course but some games must have been less than 1000.  

6 hours ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

You can abuse me all you want but there are fans in our support who can’t wait to say I told you so for whatever reason. To deny that is disingenuous.  

Fucking pissed off, I gave you a greenie in error! 

17 minutes ago, Enigma said:

If you do sack McGlynn where do you go next, Yogi?

Jack Ross would have been my choice but I see he's got a development job at Newcastle. Hypothetical ofcourse seeing as McGlynn is still with us. If results don't go our way I think the tide  turns against him very quickly though and I don't think he sees Christmas. Yogi has had his time. Tbh if and when McGlynn does go I wouldn't be surprised if Smith got the job, or at least offered it.

2 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

Another pic from the Raith game in April 82 shows the sparse attendance in the enclosure. The pic shows Wilson Hoggan scoring a penalty in the last 5 mins of the game to give Falkirk a 3-2 win. I think attendances were still suffering from the 3 seasons in the bottom league.

PICT0006.jpg

Those stanchions 😍

Edit: even the folk in the house have drawn the curtains, we were that poor!

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

29 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Tbh if and when McGlynn does go I wouldn't be surprised if Smith got the job, or at least offered it.

Speaking to a Raith fan, he was full of praise for Smith. Saying that they played better and more enjoyable to watch football when McGlynn was sidelined due to health reasons and Smith took control.

Interestingly he also said that, in age terms, there is no difference between the two.

54 minutes ago, Enigma said:

If you do sack McGlynn where do you go next, Yogi?

Therein lies the problem.

We can't afford to sack him and who could we bring in, that we could realistically afford, that would be an upgrade?

32 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Jack Ross would have been my choice but I see he's got a development job at Newcastle. Hypothetical ofcourse seeing as McGlynn is still with us. If results don't go our way I think the tide  turns against him very quickly though and I don't think he sees Christmas. Yogi has had his time. Tbh if and when McGlynn does go I wouldn't be surprised if Smith got the job, or at least offered it.

You honestly think that we could afford Jack Ross?

1 minute ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Darren Young, or I'd happily pay double for my season ticket to go for Dougie Imrie for the seethe it would cause on here from our friends from Greenock, , 

You’d need to.  If Dougie Imrie ever gets anywhere near Falkirk I’m handing in my season ticket.

3 games in, this chat is horrendous.  “Sack the manager”.  Ffs