The Falkirk FC Thread

Putting it out there but wonder if Jordan Allan will be satisfied with a bit part role as he’s unlikely to be starting  anytime soon. Personally speaking in his shoes might be looking for a loan move to January to get regular game time freeing up a wage for us to replace him on a temporary basis with a loan move for a young paces striker.

Fantastic first half performance and could have had more in the 2nd. The standard is set. Every player worked their socks off even when cruising 2nd half. I will admit Maciver didn't fuss me either way when he signed but that was an impressive header from a brilliant cross last night. He looks to be a find and is currently making the alloa fans look a but silly(however we've had plenty players been mediocre with us and move on to be great elsewhere).

We now have to go to Alloa and win, the confidence should be sky high after last night.

32 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Putting it out there but wonder if Jordan Allan will be satisfied with a bit part role as he’s unlikely to be starting  anytime soon. Personally speaking in his shoes might be looking for a loan move to January to get regular game time freeing up a wage for us to replace him on a temporary basis with a loan move for a young paces striker.

Thought that was the one of the wrong substitution decisions made last night. We all know Allan can’t play up front on his own. McGlynn should have left McIver on to partner Allan and let the wee man feed off the big man. 

9 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I seen Agyeman during the week being described as infuriating as oposed to the usual frustrating.

Can this be knocked on the head as he is giving it all and i fuckin love him. When you think of whats gone before.....

I get why people find him frustrating but it is worth noticing that when he get the ball there are often two or three players on him to stop the threat - that takes those players out from marking elsewhere. Training should get him to release the ball sooner I would have thought - he has been full time for all of 14 weeks?

15 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Thought that was the one of the wrong substitution decisions made last night. We all know Allan can’t play up front on his own. McGlynn should have left McIver on to partner Allan and let the wee man feed off the big man. 

The only problem with that is he would be taking Alfie off which yes is a like for like sub in terms of skill level but it’s only worth it situations like cove chasing a game late on but it’s good giving Allan game time just to help with fitness and confidence with playing on his own

58 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Nothing that noone else has missed but being on as a lone striker does not suit him - I was surprised when McIver came off and Allan came on given the two had combined so well at Cove. For now I imagine he will be OK about not starting - he is newly full time and his suspensions ruled him out for most of the start of the season games so he can hardly complain (yet). 

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

McGlynn's managed to sign three entirely different strikers, which is a good thing for me. Allan's the perfect type to bring on if we need a goal, but not at the expense of MacIver as I think he needs him beside him. He's definitely not a one up top type. I thought we lost momentum a bit last night when the subs were made and I think McGlynn made a mistake in not keeping MacIver on with Allan. Having said that, we don't know what the situation is. Maybe MacIver had a wee niggle or McGlynn was keen to ensure that he didn't pick up an injury or whatever? Either way, it's important that the likes of Nesbitt, Oliver, Lawal and Allan get some game time.

Protect McIver at all costs, he will likely need to start almost every game if we have a chance of winning the league. 

If that means at 3-0 up Allan gets thrown on in a position that might not suit him then so be it.   I don't sign-up to the fact we should keep him on the pitch just so it suits Allan when he comes on.

McGlynn isn't going to drastically change his style now, we need to accept it.

Edited by MulsonFFC

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

Unpopular opinion: if there was a way we could get a player in the mould of McIver as a back up or competition, I’d look to loan Allan out.

You noticed a massive difference in the build up of our attacks in the second half once McIver went off. I’ve no doubt Allan is a good league one poacher, and playing with another team where defences don’t sit in as much as they would against us, he would flourish.

I’d also keep him if the budget was there but because it isn’t, and the way McGlynn plays, can’t see it working.

Even if McGlynn goes 4-4-2, I’d prefer Aggyman and McIver up top with Morrison and Miller out wide.

We noticed the difference when Alegria wasn’t replaced properly last year (yes that’s you Elgins Matty Wright) and I think our speed and physicality that we’ve seen so far is going to give us the best chance of getting out this bloom in’ league.

Final point, I’m eating my humble pie about McIver. What an effective player he’s been so far, long may it continue.

Agree that MacIver and Spencer are our two most important players. Wrap them up in the thickest bubblewrap we have and protect them at every opportunity. If that means we win games 2 or 3-0 rather than running up cricket scores so be it. The squad size this season means we're going to have to be lucky with injuries in key positions.

If we're chasing a game like at Cove last week we can obviously stick Allan on whilst keeping MacIver on the park as well. Once McGinn is fit again it wouldn't surprise me for him to come on for Spencer which would free up Oliver to have a more attacking role/ partner Allan

Random Falkirk related question. Scott Higgins(Aussie keeper) had a game where it was passed back to him and the ball bobbled over his foot and went in, who were the opposition?(guy in my quiz team was talking about it as he's friends with Scott, but couldn't remember who they were playing 🤣)

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Once McGinn is fit again it wouldn't surprise me for him to come on for Spencer which would free up Oliver to have a more attacking role/ partner Allan

I don’t think McGinn is going to be fully fit for the rest of the season as he has been reportedly taking injections to keep playing and has made appearances on sport sound for st mirren recently and some comments about them and other prem clubs unless he can sort his knee problem out then yeah him in for spencer for the last 20/30 minutes of a game

2 hours ago, Hisingdoon said:

The only problem with that is he would be taking Alfie off which yes is a like for like sub in terms of skill level but it’s only worth it situations like cove chasing a game late on but it’s good giving Allan game time just to help with fitness and confidence with playing on his own

I agree to a certain extent. 

I also agree with other posts that MacIver may be pivotal to our season. We certainly dont want him picking up an injury needlessly when the game is done and dusted.

However, I also think that the 2 players need actual time togther for situations when they would need to be thrown on to chase games.

Edited by Zbairn