The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Remember we have until end of September to bring loan players in and I still think that will happen, I also think there is a slight chance Brad McKay will leave on loan as well. 

Might have been more than a slight chance if he wasn't currently injured. 

4 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Three things that I hope happen tonight are this. 1, the FSS confirm they are indeed happy with how the club have handled this and give us confirmation the 25% will be reached via the share donation the patrons are planning on making. 2, the club confirm if the remaining shares have been sold raising approximately an extra 20k that we wouldn’t have had otherwise (we will probably now see a couple of new players with that cash!) 3, Although most fans actually don’t seem to be overly concerned about this storm in a tea cup the ones who were will now realise this is a good outcome for both the FSS and the club and change the fucking subject! Let’s see what transpires tonight…..

If that happens matter closed and big sigh of relief. i dont see why FSS SUBS cannot be used to finance budget. Bloody good idea if share issue is done. Hope so. Fed up with it!

FSS should have the shares required to get to the 25% in the next couple of weeks and the remaining other shares will be sold soon. Meeting went quite well, bit of debate about how FSS money should be spent, some preferring it be spent on the youth, others looking for it to be focused on the first team squad.

Everybody seemed to agree that as Falkirk fans we all want to see the club playing at a higher level and Jamie Swinney gave an insight into how the higher we go up the leagues it works out financially for the club.

Looking at the demographics of the audience there wasn’t many younger folk there. FSS know there is work to be done regarding attracting younger members and Kevin Beattie is currently working with the Ultra group and younger members with regard to this.

Thought the meeting went well and nearly all the concerns I had were addressed. I’m happy though to donate the money and allow the club to use it as they see fit.

Others might remember a bit more of what was said but I’ve got a memory like a sieve.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

FSS should have the shares required to get to the 25% in the next couple of weeks and the remaining other shares will be sold soon. Meeting went quite well, bit of debate about how FSS money should be spent, some preferring it be spent on the youth, others looking for it to be focused on the first team squad.

Everybody seemed to agree that as Falkirk fans we all want to see the club playing at a higher level and Jamie Swinney gave an insight into how the higher we go up the leagues it works out financially for the club.

FSS know there is work to be done regarding attracting younger members and Kevin Beattie is currently working with the Ultra group and younger members with regard to this.

Thought the meeting went well and nearly all the concerns I had were addressed. I’m happy though to donate the money and allow the club to use it as they see fit.

Quote of the month Harry! I think most will agree if thats the case. Good result followed by a better one tomorrow hopefully!

Just to add about tonight.

There was a debate about social media and the dissemination of information. The BoD rep thought it was divisive and negative.

I had a think about this driving home....and if we hadn't had that debate, I'm pretty sure that the Patrons would not be asked to "gift" shares to let the FSS get to 25%+1

As a member of the FSS, I was sold on the fact that we would have the ability to have a "blocking vote" i.e. the 25+% (i.r.c. on 26% shareholding). My gripe was that the club refused to sell the FSS the requisite number of shares to get there. More so, that the FSS actually got the club out a financial hole last season with the Govt. loan. 

I'm not sure how it will pan out, but looks like it may happen. 

10 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

My gripe was that the club refused to sell the FSS the requisite number of shares to get there. More so, that the FSS actually got the club out a financial hole last season with the Govt. loan. 

I wasn't at the meeting as I was watching the U16s against Alloa and football always takes priority for me. 

However, my assumption is that the club will get the FSS money anyway, but by selling the small number of available shares elsewhere they bring in additional revenue that otherwise wouldn't have been available to them. Extra money which helped them sign a player this week. 

Is that assumption wrong? If not, then apart from the fact that it put some noses out of joint for a while, it would seem to be a prudent move. 

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I wasn't at the meeting as I was watching the U16s against Alloa and football always takes priority for me. 

However, my assumption is that the club will get the FSS money anyway, but by selling the small number of available shares elsewhere they bring in additional revenue that otherwise wouldn't have been available to them. Extra money which helped them sign a player this week. 

Is that assumption wrong? If not, then apart from the fact that it put some noses out of joint for a while, it would seem to be a prudent move. 

I maybe heard wrong as the mic wasn’t the greatest but I’m sure the board rep spoke about getting the right back in and said something about speaking to another player.

11 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The 0.4% required by the FSS equates to around £14k. Not unsubstantial, but hardly going to bankrupt the club and stop them from getting a player in. 

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Looking at the demographics of the audience there wasn’t many younger folk there. FSS know there is work to be done regarding attracting younger members and Kevin Beattie is currently working with the Ultra group and younger members with regard to this.

Others might remember a bit more of what was said but I’ve got a memory like a sieve.

Thanks Harry. That summary looks a good news story to me. Swinney continueing to tell the Club’s true story in cash numbers. FSS reaching 25% should put it to bed and the Club will be the better for it, a new era indeed 👏🏻 The focus for me, thereafter, should turn to football and should the generous FSS subs also be diverted towards the playing budget, I reckon the Club’s position (taken as a whole) stands in good stead for the future.

Edited by GunnerBairn

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Not that I’m saying for one minute that I want him, but I see Josh McPake has been freed by Rangers. Weren’t we linked with him before

Yeah was a rumour, I think his situation was very similar to Kennedy's as in they wanted to sell him to get him off the wage bill, he seemed to have a few loans and was talk of him having a bit of an attitude problem. I would doubt we could afford his wages even if we weren't skint. He'll end up down south. 

MATCHDAY! 🍻

Edinburgh bound today. Are you heading along? 

If you haven’t already, give this weeks podcast a watch/listen

🆕🎙️EP:51 FORTH VALLEY IS NAVY BLUE

🔵 Preview Edinburgh City, Review wins over Stirling Alb & Alloa, Comps & much more…

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

A2022E9A-D47F-4A4C-9679-2E1A0B899F7A.thumb.jpeg.8fa53cde579cc393f303d9df2f69aa24.jpeg