The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’d be bringing in a forward if we had the cash. We have Jordan Allan but he can’t play up top on his own, really feel we could struggle if McIver gets injured.

Bring Zak rudden home. Would fit in with Mcglynns style of play and adds cover/competition. I would echo what you have said about Jordan Allan. Allan is only really going to be effective when he gets brought on with 20-30 mins to go and we are chasing a goal.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

From the club. Was on FD yesterday, still money for one or potentially two loan signings. An extra 24k was raised selling unsold shares, they said this was announced at the FSS meeting on Friday. Presumably that’s what’s funding it. 

Pity it couldn't stretch to trying to get Jakubiak on a year's deal. Although I hear he's probably signing at EEP

1 minute ago, Big chungus said:

Bring Zak rudden home. Would fit in with Mcglynns style of play and adds cover/competition. I would echo what you have said about Jordan Allan. Allan is only really going to be effective when he gets brought on with 20-30 mins to go and we are chasing a goal.

Rudden is getting game time at Dundee. Non starter.

7 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Rudden is getting game time at Dundee. Non starter.

Is he tho? I would suggest you have a look at the stats. 4 league games Dundee have played this season. Rudden has played a grand total of 6 minutes. Came off the bench for one. Didn’t even come off the bench for another two. Then wasn’t even in the squad for a game. 

13 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Pity it couldn't stretch to trying to get Jakubiak on a year's deal. Although I hear he's probably signing at EEP

I like jakubiak, however we all know how Mcglynn plays and I really don’t think Jakubiak would suit his style of play. Also he is very very injury prone.

Edited by Big chungus

6 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Is he tho? I would suggest you have a look at the stats. 4 league games Dundee have played this season. Rudden has played a grand total of 6 minutes. Came off the bench for one. Didn’t even come off the bench for another two. Then wasn’t even in the squad for a game. 

Still in the squad at a premier club though and he'll be on a decent wage. If he goes anywhere it'll be to a championship club. Jak would probably be more realistic and even then it's a stretch. 

7 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Still in the squad at a premier club though and he'll be on a decent wage. If he goes anywhere it'll be to a championship club. Jak would probably be more realistic and even then it's a stretch. 

He’s still not getting game time like you said. I agree he’ll be on a decent wage and it is probably on the unrealistic side of the things. But Declan McManus would have been on a decent wage and we still worked out a deal for him. So you just never know.

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Pretty convinced this will disappear without a trace. Completely unworkable. Police Scotland will just laugh at it, and rightly so. What would the Police do with an unregistered coach? Tell everyone to turn back? Utter garbage, and a real and genuine infringement on civil liberties.

What constitutes a bus or a coach? More than 7 people? Hired vehicle, personal vehicle or solely vehicle and driver rented for that event? Another half baked load of shite that will wither on the vine. Still, it will generate another bunch of meetings which are a great substitute for actual work, so Holyrood will embrace that aspect of it.

Another pile of dross dreamed up by some political wannabe sat behind a desk with nothing better to do. Utter gash. 
File it alongside their bottle deposit scheme and their fisheries ultra protection zones.

I see that SFA and SPFL have came out against it, as have several MSPs and MPs. 

NB - it isn’t comparable to bottle deposit or HPMAs as this came from UK Government, not Scottish Government. 

But it must have been inspired by someone. It might be political - another challenge to the constitutional settlement. Or Police Scotland trying to create a chilling effect so coach companies and clubs do their jobs for them. That’s why I wouldn’t be complacent - there’s a vested interest at play somewhere here which is why we need to make it ectopic. 

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

While you correctly dismiss this nonsense, probably better wipe the spittle off your screen from typing that last paragraph - this was a UK Government brainwave.

#uniondividend

Look at the detail. Look at the Scottish government’s part in the deposit and the fisheries. It wasn’t a big boy from Westminster that gave us the guff that they tried to implement. I am not politically motivated. I despise the shallow gene pool that is. It’s been snouts in the trough in Westminster and Hollywood for donkey’s years.

27 minutes ago, StuartA said:

NB - it isn’t comparable to bottle deposit or HPMAs as this came from UK Government, not Scottish Government. 

But it must have been inspired by someone. It might be political - another challenge to the constitutional settlement. Or Police Scotland trying to create a chilling effect so coach companies and clubs do their jobs for them. That’s why I wouldn’t be complacent - there’s a vested interest at play somewhere here which is why we need to make it ectopic. 

I get the origins stuff, but make no mistake, the eejits up here all had their fingers in the pie trying to amend it further. 

28 minutes ago, StuartA said:

If it’s Police Scotland, then it is guaranteed not to happen.