The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I’ll never tire of casting this up. Up the lot of you again, who wrote him off before a ball was kicked. 

Yeah he was top drawer again tonight. Got to give the management a lot of credit on this one.  Really uncovered a gem that would probably have been the last choice of any of majority of fans.

Just now, Rizzo said:

7 goals before the first quarter is up is a tremendous return for a forward who allegedly doesn't score goals. Terrific bit of business to bring him in.

Was interesting to hear Ross put that down, at least partly, to the different role he has with Falkirk compared to last year with us. He's scoring poacher type goals, being in the right place to finish crosses or pounce on rebounds/loose balls close to goal. He seems a perfect fit for this Falkirk team.

Strong accomplished performance. A 5-1 away win is a roasting in anyone’s book, Nizzy’s goal the pick of the bunch for me. And what an impact Alfie made on his return, gawd we’ve missed the big man, and a welcome back 👏🏻 This should make the league sit up and take notice that we’re serious title contenders, if they haven’t done so already. Accies game is looming, but Montrose first in our home double header. 

Not a big deal, but there was a Kelty punt that was about ten hundred feet in the air into our box, and I was mightily impressed at how our young keeper came and took it as clean as a whistle.

22 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Not a big deal, but there was a Kelty punt that was about ten hundred feet in the air into our box, and I was mightily impressed at how our young keeper came and took it as clean as a whistle.

Yeah the keeper is destined for a top career he gets more confident each week . I have to admit I was wrong about young Finn at right back . He also seems to get better with each game and is turning into a real asset. 
long May this form continue . Can we begin to dream of an ‘invincible ‘ season ? 

2 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Poor goal to lose right at half time. Donaldson needs to let that go out and then someone needs to be marking on the edge of the box. 

Yes, needed a shout to let it drop over the bye line, but it was an atrocious header out into the middle of the park 25 yds out. Very hard for our midfield to defend.

Finn Yeats.

Much to the annoyance of a few on here, I criticised his performance at right back v Alloa. He’s put in better games since, and the young lad was excellent tonight, tackled well, positionally spot on and distribution first class. 
Kelty’s best player was left back Walker, and posed a danger coming forward but opportunities were minimised by Yeats (and Morrison).

Loved MacIvor’s play, especially outside the box - and add me to those in praise of management and coaching staff.

But that second half shows just how important a fully fit Agyeman is (and will be) in our quest for promotion. He looks a couple of rungs above this level, and we may have to brace ourselves for incoming offers in January - and yes, I know he has rough edges but such raw, explosive talent is hard to find.

Edited by HonestAl

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

I’ll never tire of casting this up. Up the lot of you again, who wrote him off before a ball was kicked. 

Probably likewise with me for anyone that has continually slated Morrison. He’s been a huge player for us but thankfully now has others to help see out matches like this. Morrison, Ageyman, Spencer and MacIver are the key players for me but big shout out to Long too as thoroughly impressed with him for such a young keeper.