The Falkirk FC Thread

Morrison has always been our best player for the past 3 seasons and probably the best in the league during that time. He got a lot of stick I felt was unfair and couldn’t believe many who said they’d be happy to see him go at the end of last season. 

He’ll have an off game as any player in this division will but as has been said, the difference this time is that he’s surrounded by better players who are able to pick up the pieces when it’s not working for him.

Could really do with getting him signed up beyond the end of this season now. 

57 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Morrison has always been our best player for the past 3 seasons and probably the best in the league during that time. He got a lot of stick I felt was unfair and couldn’t believe many who said they’d be happy to see him go at the end of last season. 

He’ll have an off game as any player in this division will but as has been said, the difference this time is that he’s surrounded by better players who are able to pick up the pieces when it’s not working for him.

Could really do with getting him signed up beyond the end of this season now. 

I agree about getting him signed up but I know from a very good source that he’s our highest paid player (no surprise really considering he’s signed two contract extensions since he’s been with us) and I don’t see the board committing to that sort of contract considering our financial difficulties and not knowing what league we will be in next season.

28 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

I agree about getting him signed up but I know from a very good source that he’s our highest paid player (no surprise really considering he’s signed two contract extensions since he’s been with us) and I don’t see the board committing to that sort of contract considering our financial difficulties and not knowing what league we will be in next season.

If he keeps this level of consistency and form and injury free, wouldn’t be surprised if clubs start sniffing soon. 

Having a look at the highlights again and for their penalty it’s a similar situation to Burrell’s goal for Cove. Lang has committed to the tackle and McCann is just watching as their number 11 is standing in acres of space. You wouldn’t expect both players to miss the ball but McCann really needs to switch on to any potential danger and make sure he’s there to cover. 

IMG_7338.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Having a look at the highlights again and for their penalty it’s a similar situation to Burrell’s goal for Cove. Lang has committed to the tackle and McCann is just watching as their number 11 is standing in acres of space. You wouldn’t expect both players to miss the ball but McCann really needs to switch on to any potential danger and make sure he’s there to cover. 

IMG_7338.jpeg

Not having that as Mccann's fault as Lang should really just pass that man onto Donaldson instead of charging into the tackle. 

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Not having that as Mccann's fault as Lang should really just pass that man onto Donaldson instead of charging into the tackle. 

It’s both of their fault for me as like you say, Lang should pass him on but when you see Lang commit then he’s looking across the line and should cover the gap. Exactly the same type of scenario at Cove with McKays error. 

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

It’s both of their fault for me as like you say, Lang should pass him on but when you see Lang commit then he’s looking across the line and should cover the gap. Exactly the same type of scenario at Cove with McKays error. 

Nonsense. You’ve taken a snapshot in time and said McCann should be switched on. In real time he will be watching the play and he won’t have had time to react to Langs error. 100% on Lang, however, he’s been so good I won’t criticise him for it

27 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Nonsense. You’ve taken a snapshot in time and said McCann should be switched on. In real time he will be watching the play and he won’t have had time to react to Langs error. 100% on Lang, however, he’s been so good I won’t criticise him for it

Can’t add videos here so a screengrab is all I can use. If you don’t think McCann should be more switched on then that’s fine but wouldn’t say it’s a nonsense. Both him and Lang have been excellent so don’t want to be over critical but it’s moments like that, which can cost us points. Thankfully it didn’t matter in the end but any lapses next week will be more costly. 

Edited by Van_damage

Have to say the crowd were excellent yesterday, the level of support and patience shown was refreshing. Even at 1 down I didn’t sense any panic in the KM7 stand. Hope we all get right behind them next week, I’ll be enjoying some bevy in hospitality before kick off next week so I’m looking forward to the Main Stand rocking 😁

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Whether its Lang or Donaldson, or both, McCann really ought to be aware of the obvious danger and move to cover the free man.  He's right in McCann's line of vision and in ACRES of space.  That's really poor defending. 

1 hour ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Hoping @Bainsfordbairn has a picture of Williamson cupping his ears to the fans. That ended well for him. 

Sorry I don't. I assume it was after one of their goals? 

When we score, I shoot everything that I can as the more pictures I can get of happy Falkirk players the better. 

When the opposition score, I keep my finger on the trigger for a couple of seconds only. I usually keep one opposition pic from a "recording history" perspective but once I have it I don't want any more.