The Falkirk FC Thread

48 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Do you know if any of the 3 o'clock kick-offs today have pitch inspections scheduled?

Don't think the pitches are the worry, it's the polis deeming surrounding areas unsafe to travel through. The later kick off might be a blessing or a hindrance. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

It won’t affect the pitch though. It is not as if Hamilton are bringing hoards. Be surprised if it is cancelled 

If the police shut off all the roads and deem it a safety risk it will, regardless of how folk, including the both teams, plan to get there. 

Hoping the later kick off means there is time to resolve any issues rather than make things worse

11 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

If the police shut off all the roads and deem it a safety risk it will, regardless of how folk, including the both teams, plan to get there. 

Hoping the later kick off means there is time to resolve any issues rather than make things worse

There are no areas around the ground that I think would be in any danger of serious flooding apart from Grangemouth Road possibly as the water will run off from the bridge.

Game will be fine. 

At least we won't need the sprinklers to wet the pitch today.

8 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

There are no areas around the ground that I think would be in any danger of serious flooding apart from Grangemouth Road possibly as the water will run off from the bridge.

Game will be fine. 

At least we won't need the sprinklers to wet the pitch today.

Aye I agree, can't think of any, the grass across from the main stand is always quite bad but can't think of any other areas. Was just exploring all circumstances 

As for the AGM communication, I think it's wrong not to be exploring external investment.  I agree 100% that we don't want the club to fall into the wrong hands etc but the % held by the patrons/FSS should avoid that happening.  Just because there are some charlatans out there doesn't mean there aren't some very good potential investors out there too.  

As others have said, to hang our hat on FSS reaching 2500 is unrealistic in my view

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

Its disappointing that some fans that can easily afford a tenner a month seem to have little or no interest in joining up. It's not as if you have to do much to join and if they aren't joining because they aren't  fans of the bod then joining FSS gives you an avenue  to change whose on that board.  The cash that goes into the club now goes straight into the managers budget so even if all you are interested in is an entertaining Saturday afternoon then paying your tenner goes towards making sure that Saturday afternoon is actually entertaining surely.

11 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Its disappointing that some fans that can easily afford a tenner a month seem to have little or no interest in joining up. It's not as if you have to do much to join and if they aren't joining because they aren't  fans of the bod then joining FSS gives you an avenue  to change whose on that board.  The cash that goes into the club now goes straight into the managers budget so even if all you are interested in is an entertaining Saturday afternoon then paying your tenner goes towards making sure that Saturday afternoon is actually entertaining surely.

Many fans will quite reasonably feel like they contribute enough with STs (which went up 10%+ this year), strips etc. In the current climate, many just cannot justify even more football related expense.

7 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Many fans will quite reasonably feel like they contribute enough with STs (which went up 10%+ this year), strips etc. In the current climate, many just cannot justify even more football related expense.

I’ve no issue at all with fans who can’t afford it, but I can’t get my head round those that can and just choose not too, yet are happy for some unknown investors who might have zero connections with the club to come in and put money in. Each to their own I suppose though.

Lets just leave this chat for another day though and concentrate on backing the Bairns today.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

I am one of the fans not investing. 

Was initially really up for fan ownership but the set up we have is not really for me. 

If it was similar to Hearts, Motherwell or StMirren where fans actually owned the club I would sign up tomorrow but max 25% shareholding doesn’t really appeal. 

Sounds like the FSS is donating around £80k right now. If the other 75% of shareholders chipped in would almost clear deficit. 

37 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

As I said can afford it. I'm not talking about people who need to choose other priorities over football  If you can comfortably afford a tenner a week it's a no brainer surely.

11 minutes ago, ChoppeReid said:

I am one of the fans not investing. 
Was initially really up for fan ownership but the set up we have is not really for me. 
If it was similar to Hearts, Motherwell or StMirren where fans actually owned the club I would sign up tomorrow but max 25% shareholding doesn’t really appeal. 

The fans DO own the club. Apart from the Rawlins, I wouldn't think there's a single shareholder who's not a fan. 

The fact that wealthier ones have their own shares doesn't matter IMO. (thinking about the former MSG members here) They're not using those shares to block anything that FSS wants to do. They're not involved in making decisions and have no input at board level. I think everyone on the board is an FSS member. 

The fans own the club and work together to run it.

That's the important thing in my eyes, not a 25% figure which doesn't have any impact on the board or decision-making structure.