The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

It certainly does

When is the penny going to drop that buying a ST and a top isn’t enough if the fans want the club to really kick on then? Or should we just abandon Fan ownership and sell the club to some charlatan? 

Edited by Mr Grimsdale

I’m not sure what more can be done re the finances tbh. We don’t have a money pit & without working (currently) with no working loss then our squad wouldn’t have the better players we got in & its likely we’d be closer to Edinburgh City than the top of the league. 

It certainly does

I have a confession to make, after the AGM I didn't bother reading the statement. I was sure it would be the same as what we were told on the night and posts like this and the one it responded to me actually made me read the statement to make sure I wasn't imagining it all. What it says is below. Now, if you and @FFC1965 don't have that ambition that's fine, but I imagine the rest of us do. The question is how do we get that money? Or are you suggesting it takes less? Or isn't needed?

IMG_0780 2.jpg

The same ones moaning about the FSS and fan ownership model, who refuse to join will be the first on here and other social media sites crying foul about the board if we have to go part time at the end of the season. Again I will reiterate this is not aimed at fans who genuinely cannot afford it.

5 hours ago, FFC1965 said:

While Ive no problem putting my hand in my pocket, the constant portayal of a £400k operating loss as something of a non negotiable in Club comms does rather grate.  

Non negotiable,  did you actually reason the statement?

IMG_0781.jpg

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The same ones moaning about the FSS and fan ownership model, who refuse to join will be the first on here and other social media sites crying foul about the board if we have to go part time at the end of the season. Again I will reiterate this is not aimed at fans who genuinely cannot afford it.

Bang on

It certainly does

Should the club just not communicate this to us then? Maybe wait until the shit has actually hit the fan then shout surprise?! ……..surely as a fan owned club the projected financial picture needs to be painted clearly and bluntly to let us all as fans and owners perhaps try and positively influence it no? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

25 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

So can I just roll up at the stadium & pay a year's subs up front?

You can sign up and pay online very simply. Not sure if the FSS actually have a facility at the club to allow to sign up new members on their behalf but that actually makes sense now you say it. Perhaps the staff in the club shop could take payments or card transactions from new member sign ups on behalf of the FSS going forward? Unless maybe they already do that? 

https://falkirksupporters.org/subscribe/

Edited by LatapyBairn.

6 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

You can sign up and pay online very simply. Not sure if the FSS actually have a facility at the club to allow to sign up new members on they’re behalf but that actually makes sense now you say it. Perhaps the staff in the club shop could take payments or card transactions from new member sign ups for the FSS going forward? Unless maybe they already do that? 

3 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

You can do it without leaving the house

Thanks. As an overseas fan, I would rather avoid any pain-in-the-arse, post-brexit bank transfers or paypal charges for the FSS. I'd be happy to just hand over the cash & get it out of the way on my next visit.

I'm sure someone on here is directly involved (can't remember who) & I've been considering this for some time. Any further advice appreciated.

34 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

I have a confession to make, after the AGM I didn't bother reading the statement. I was sure it would be the same as what we were told on the night and posts like this and the one it responded to me actually made me read the statement to make sure I wasn't imagining it all. What it says is below. Now, if you and @FFC1965 don't have that ambition that's fine, but I imagine the rest of us do. The question is how do we get that money? Or are you suggesting it takes less? Or isn't needed?

IMG_0780 2.jpg

For the record I have contributed to the FSS way back, lack ambition? My arse, backed the club through thick and thin, and for the other geezer posting earlier, a ST and a top ? Try  ST / merchandise / sponsorship dinners / hospitality to name a few.
Why not take a different approach to increasing the membership - maybe writing to all existing STs, maybe they’d getting a better response… still grates 

13 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Thanks. As an overseas fan, I would rather avoid any pain-in-the-arse, post-brexit bank transfers or paypal charges for the FSS. I'd be happy to just hand over the cash & get it out of the way on my next visit.

I'm sure someone on here is directly involved (can't remember who) & I've been considering this for some time. Any further advice appreciated.

You can also make a donation which is it at the bottom of that page, not sure how that would work with being overseas.

59 minutes ago, Springfield said:

For the record I have contributed to the FSS way back, lack ambition? My arse, backed the club through thick and thin, and for the other geezer posting earlier, a ST and a top ? Try  ST / merchandise / sponsorship dinners / hospitality to name a few.
Why not take a different approach to increasing the membership - maybe writing to all existing STs, maybe they’d getting a better response… still grates 

As a supporter who has 'backed the club through thick and thin', now that you know we are fan owned and run, surely the club telling us what the financial situation is and hoping that we, as fans, can contribute more, should not grate, but should come as no surprise?

55 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Not doubting your commitment mate,  but they did write to ST holders when they were up for renewal, linking it to the FSS, Forever Falkirk and payment monthly. They said at the AGM only 40 took them up on the offer to pay monthly and even less joined the FSS. 

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

You can sign up and pay online very simply. Not sure if the FSS actually have a facility at the club to allow to sign up new members on their behalf but that actually makes sense now you say it. Perhaps the staff in the club shop could take payments or card transactions from new member sign ups on behalf of the FSS going forward? Unless maybe they already do that? 

And also maybe help folk set up a standing order. It's easy enough online but some folk may struggle to get their heads round the process or feel that it's difficult and may not proceed if trying to do it themselves.

No idea if that would be feasible though.

The sign outside the stadium still states next game against Hamilton on 7th of October. 

Also, it states Falkirk against "Hamilton FC", when this isn't the name of the club. It's not the first time I've noticed the names of the clubs wrong in such a manner and isn't very professional. 

Why is the sign in such a way that a whole new sign needs made every game? It isn't very sensible or sustainable, when there could be slots for team name/day/time to slot into, and they could be re-used.