The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

If Morrison is out then I think its unfortunately certain that Oliver will start through the middle with 2 out wide chosen from Miller, Alfie, Ross.  

I know he likes Oliver, but Miller is a cut above, Alfie gives physicality and he's obviously also a big fan of Ross so I'm not so sure. Oliver wasn't good last week.

18 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

If Morrison is out then I think its unfortunately certain that Oliver will start through the middle with 2 out wide chosen from Miller, Alfie, Ross.  

Surely McIver leading the line. Yes he’ll choose Oliver but to be fair he’d have scored a few times in recent games if the opposition keeper hadn’t been on top form. I’d prefer Nesbitt ideally though. 

Edited by Roboccop

1 hour ago, Roboccop said:

Surely McIver leading the line. Yes he’ll choose Oliver but to be fair he’d have scored a few times in recent games if the opposition keeper hadn’t been on top form. I’d prefer Nesbitt ideally though. 

I agree with this. To be fair to Oliver we have won 8, drawn 2 and lost 0 with him playing from the start in most games. I think we are in the fortunate position, largely thanks to McGlynn's decent recruitment, that we are spoilt for decent choices to start and come on from the bench, for the first time in an age

13 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I agree with this. To be fair to Oliver we have won 8, drawn 2 and lost 0 with him playing from the start in most games. I think we are in the fortunate position, largely thanks to McGlynn's decent recruitment, that we are spoilt for decent choices to start and come on from the bench, for the first time in an age

We also at present have a settled defence and a midfield that seems to work. We have options in midfield with Yeats and Lawal but central defence is the place where we dont want injuries or suspensions.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

No heritage kit today. Ref has knocked it back due to a clash. 

Always seems to be us that gets the stickler . When you see some of the other teams getting away with very similar kits as shown by previous pics. Same with the light blue effort.

13 minutes ago, Rugster said:

No heritage kit today. Ref has knocked it back due to a clash. 

I’ve got to be honest and say that I prefer us in Navy Blue at home. I can see the logic behind wearing the heritage kit though as it’s just been launched and they want to boost sales.

Can I just say that I'm no less a fan of Morrison for saying this, but given how hot or cold he can be, it's no downgrade to be starting Ethan Ross in his place IMO. Obviously I hope to be proved correct here. I also hope Morrison is fit to start next week, but Spencer is the bigger miss by some margin, owing to the relative quality that's replacing Morrison. 

58 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think the home team changes these days if theirs a clash of the two home strips. Why people now some call them change strips instead of away strips.🤷

It's literally the opposite of this statement.

Away team (normally) changes, they originally used to be known as change strips, then became away strips, back in the 70s or 80s.