The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

So what is the general take on the ex Rovers’ from you lot?

Has McGlynn restored some faith after end of last season?

Have Lang and Spencer impressed? 

How is Ethan Ross doing? 

Really feel that Lang is to us what Benedictus was to the Pars last season, he’s a calming influence in our defence and he’s formed a great partnership with big Coll, him staying fit will be key to us having any chance of winning this league.

Spencer is absolute class and for me he’s probably the best player in this league and should be playing at a higher level.

Ross looks really decent and is getting better the fitter he gets and the more game time he has under his belt, can we keep him please.

13 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

How is Ethan Ross doing? 

All 3 have looked like good additions. I'd argue Spencer is the best footballer in League 1. 

5 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

All 3 have looked like good additions. I'd argue Spencer is the best footballer in League 1. 

Obviously I dont know how he is physically, but given he missed Alloa becasue he returned too quick, and we had to throw him in today, i'd consider benching him next weekend too. 

24 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

How is Ethan Ross doing? 

All three good additions. Spencer is class and controls the midfield. Lang is an absolute tank and not surprised with his header today. Ethan Ross getting sharper with every game and caused Queens a few problems today too. No complaints with any of these signings. 

Spencer is the best player in the league. An absolute baller and has looked every inch the player I thought we were signing. Even chipped in with some important goals 

Lang has been very solid and formed a good partnership with Donaldson. 8 goals conceded in 12 games is a similar record to the Pars' rock solid backline last season. Sounds simple but don't concede many goals = don't lose many games 

Ross has been in and out the team a bit as we do have a lot of options in behind the striker with Morrison, Agyeman and Miller in particular fighting over 3 slots, along with Oliver, Nesbitt etc. Its probably the one part of the team McGlynn has been chopping and changing, partially through various injuries to the above. Overall though I like him, pacey and direct, always looking to take the ball on the half turn and now fully fit could be a really important addition, especially if we can keep him until the end of the season 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Glad they are all getting good reviews.

Would have loved to have kept Lang, he still isn’t the finished article either.

Spencer was a vital player in our engine room for years, class act. Thankfully we aren’t short of decent central mids so hasn’t been missed too badly.

A fully fit and confident Ross is a joy, we just haven’t really seen it much, really unlucky on injury front…he is out of contract in summer so shop window time for him til then, no idea where he will be come the new year mind!

32 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Glad they are all getting good reviews.

Would have loved to have kept Lang, he still isn’t the finished article either.

Spencer was a vital player in our engine room for years, class act. Thankfully we aren’t short of decent central mids so hasn’t been missed too badly.

A fully fit and confident Ross is a joy, we just haven’t really seen it much, really unlucky on injury front…he is out of contract in summer so shop window time for him til then, no idea where he will be come the new year mind!

Id absolutely snap your hand off to keep Ross assuming he stays fit between now and New Year. Very intelligent on and off the ball. Cant add much re Spencer and Lang, they are the two that have finally lived up to the "should stroll that league" patter. 

Happy enough to get yesterday out of the way with a draw, given Hamilton losing. Often after teams have had good starts to a season, for some reason the top 2/3 will all loose on the same day, no real explanation for it. Queens haven’t had great results but a visit to Palmerston has never been easy. Glad that fixture is out of the way with no damage done.

Just realising how old I’m getting remembering one of my first away games was at Palmerston on a Football Special Train in 69/70 huge crowd as Q of the S were in title race too, ( Reverse fixture of the 7-5 game )  Roxburgh and Ferguson scored in a 2-0 win must have been 6000 there. 

Edited by NUMBER 7

Thought we had a decent opening with a great goal, then Qs found width across the middle/flanks, which surprisingly few teams have found. After a decent couple of outings thought Bisland was so far off yesterday and deservedly hooked. Don’t think we played all that bad, but as with Millers interview maybe could have done better with final ball/chances we created.

Would give credit to Qs, who by many of their fans posts turned in performance of the season yesterday. Feels like a loss, but with Hamilton dropping points we push that bit further on. Thought we missed Morrison yesterday.

43 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Thought we had a decent opening with a great goal, then Qs found width across the middle/flanks, which surprisingly few teams have found. After a decent couple of outings thought Bisland was so far off yesterday and deservedly hooked. Don’t think we played all that bad, but as with Millers interview maybe could have done better with final ball/chances we created.

Would give credit to Qs, who by many of their fans posts turned in performance of the season yesterday. Feels like a loss, but with Hamilton dropping points we push that bit further on. Thought we missed Morrison yesterday.

We played well against Motherwell in the LC, but yesterday was our best league performance by a distance, which makes our home  performances against Alloa, Montrose, Stirling and Cove all the more frustrating, plus Kelty away. Agree that Morrison was probably a big miss for you, quite glad he was unavailable. 

2 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Just realising how old I’m getting remembering one of my first away games was at Palmerston on a Football Special Train in 69/70 huge crowd as Q of the S were in title race too, ( Reverse fixture of the 7-5 game )  Roxburgh and Ferguson scored in a 2-0 win must have been 6000 there. 

Two seasons there before I started watching Queens, but I remember the 7-5 game reports.  Had some decent games against the Bairns over the years including the last season of the two league structure where we went toe to toe for the title, losing out narrowly to the Bairns - was up at Brockville that season where (unusually) we won 2-1.

In terms of yesterday (couldn't get to the game) I'd be happy if I was a Bairns fan - at the end of the day its not a bad result; a point increase in the gap to Accies with them  losing, so hardly a disaster.  You're winning this league this season.

I’m ecstatic about the start we’ve had and I’m not being critical as the team have been brilliant. I was just wondering if it would be a worthwhile exercise bringing in a coach on a short term basis the way we did with Christophe Berra to work with our front men. The chances we create and miss is still a bit worrying and could maybe start costing us games. As I say though don’t want to sound negative, just wondered if it would be worth trying.

Guest FFC1965
11 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

Really wanted a win but not to be. As the game wore on I realised Accies were getting beat so gladly took a point and extend our lead. Queens is always a tough place to go and I thought it spoke volumes seeing Miller’s interview and he’s genuinely disappointed at only getting a draw. They’re winners and want to win every week. The attitude is night and day from previous charlatans that have long since left us. We’re the only unbeaten team left in the league, and long may it continue.  Wonder if it’s the best unbeaten run in club history, stattos? We started strongly and Lang got a powerful header from a free kick. But Queens were keen to show up against us and scored through our sloppiness down the left flank. A point today will do nicely though. Edinburgh next week and they got pumped today. By all intents the squad will be, more or less, full strength next week with Morrison returning.  Could do with boosting our goal difference and turn the screw a little. 

Its definitely not if you look at winning runs of league games.  There may well be other long unbeaten runs but the one that sticks in my mind is our 1990/91 title winning team - my favourite season as a Bairns fan.  I think that they went 15 unbeaten from Oct 90 to Mar 91.  https://bettermeddle.org.uk/archive/byseason/results.php?year2=1991 and after losing to PTFC in March 91 went another 11 unbeaten to the end of the season.  Not bad when they lost the first 3!

So we are getting close having gone 12 unbeaten this season in the league

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m ecstatic about the start we’ve had and I’m not being critical as the team have been brilliant. I was just wondering if it would be a worthwhile exercise bringing in a coach on a short term basis the way we did with Christophe Berra to work with our front men. The chances we create and miss is still a bit worrying and could maybe start costing us games. As I say though don’t want to sound negative, just wondered if it would be worth trying.

A good shout.  With Yeats developing well into right back I'd make our priority a striker in January if able to bring one more in.  McIvor has been far better than I expected him to be but the goals have somewhat dried up (2 in the last 10 games) and Allan isn't providing the challenge we have now in other positions (let, right and support through the middle).  

A loan might be the best option to provide a bit of cover.  Like Ross too and would keep him if we're able to find the cash

A point gained yesterday given how the game went. Incredibly frustrating watching McGlynn do nothing but like for like subs. First time a MacIver sitter has cost us as going 2-0 would have killed that game off. Just continued trying to whack in cross after cross when it clearly wasn't working.

As mentioned a striker in January has to be the priority as Allan can't play in McGlynn's system.