The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Railway End said:

What bright spark from the council thought it was a good idea closing the footpath from West Mains Ind Estate up to the stadium, everybody was walking up the main road with the traffic feet away an accident waiting to happen.

Not sure you’ll find a bright spark in the council😊

12 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

If the walkways are closed again like they were today I would be amazed.  That is a claim waiting to happen. That needs sorted out.

Unless I'm missing something, not sure what kind of claim could happen. No-one is forced to walk on the road despite what the folk around me were moaning about.

11 hours ago, Bairns1994 said:

We were dug meat today, felt like that was easily our worst performance this season, but to scrape 3 points from that was good going.

Probably between Lang and Maciver for MOTM in my opinion, Lang was solid and MacIver was a nuisance up front 

Yet we could have easily been 2 up before Edinburgh scored, weird game.

Yesterday’s performance was probably slightly worse than last weeks Qs game. As mentioned by many on here the team selection was wrong, and the substitutes should have been on a lot earlier. However give some credit to Edinburgh, for me they’ve played as well as anyone I’ve seen so far at TFS. Certainly improved with the change of coach, and although we could have been goals up early on, if they’d left with a point, don’t think it would have been that undeserved. Said in earlier post that we had a number of shite performances and although we’ve a stronger squad this term, it’s a pity we can’t change a couple of faces at the transfer window, although McIvor had a great game, and maybe only himself and Lang can take plaudits, our back up isn’t as strong and for me what’s needed to cross the line at the end of the season.

The cup game comes at exactly the right time, as it would give the chance to rest guys like Spencer & Morrison who don’t look fully fit, and after a great run of form I’d rest maybe McCann. We’re still at the top and everyone will get some run of poor form, let’s hope we’ve got ours out the way for the next league game.

A tough game to watch and win in the end. Edinburgh raised their game and we‘re still playing well below our best. But we somehow still manage to find a way to win, which is the crucial thing. Scary moment from Hogarth and I can see Sam Long coming back in soon. Nesbitt got us out of jail with the equaliser and MacIver’s goal a worthy winner. Hoping our form turns around but winning is all important without it. Glad the linesman stuck to his guns as it would’ve been disaster if their 2nd was given. A rub of the green perhaps, I’ll take it. Lang and Miller stoodout for me and the two goal scorers done well with theirs.

4 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Luke Leahy took a bad one yesterday. Hospitalised after a head knock

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/11505170/wycombe-luke-leahy-collapses-stevenage-falkirk/amp/

Got a fright when I heard this yesterday but some good news as he’s conscious and undergoing treatment.

Get well soon Luke - we all love you !!

It really shows how far we've come and the ever increasing expectations that this team are subject too.

We're one of only three remaining unbeaten in the country and won yesterday. As mentioned some of the shouts yesterday in the KM were laughable:

"McGlynn doesn't know what he's doing", lambasting Nicky's mistake and questioning what we do in training all week because of a few misplaced passes! 

Some fans need to remember we are top and some of the players being heavily criticised yesterday have been decisive in getting us to the position.

We've been below par compared to earlier in the season but it was never, ever going to be a cake walk and I'd rather have a smaller,  patient home support than a large, fairweather one.

23 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

It really shows how far we've come and the ever increasing expectations that this team are subject too.

We're one of only three remaining unbeaten in the country and won yesterday. As mentioned some of the shouts yesterday in the KM were laughable:

"McGlynn doesn't know what he's doing", lambasting Nicky's mistake and questioning what we do in training all week because of a few misplaced passes! 

Some fans need to remember we are top and some of the players being heavily criticised yesterday have been decisive in getting us to the position.

We've been below par compared to earlier in the season but it was never, ever going to be a cake walk and I'd rather have a smaller,  patient home support than a large, fairweather one.

I do think a lot of supporters are still struck off from last year and the years gone by. But aye, some of the shouts around me were frustrating to listen to. We're top of the league and unbeaten, I think a lot of fans think we should be winning 4 or 5 nil every week, that's not gonna happen. I'll take that performance and the three points every week till May if it means getting out of this league. 

12 hours ago, Gaz said:

Unless I'm missing something, not sure what kind of claim could happen. No-one is forced to walk on the road despite what the folk around me were moaning about.

Yea, but surely the council have a responsibility to keep their property and patrons safe? If there had been signs indicating that the pavement was closed with a diversion route for pedestrians, I would have taken it. There wasn't that I can remember.

9 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I do think a lot of supporters are still struck off from last year and the years gone by. But aye, some of the shouts around me were frustrating to listen to. We're top of the league and unbeaten, I think a lot of fans think we should be winning 4 or 5 nil every week, that's not gonna happen. I'll take that performance and the three points every week till May if it means getting out of this league. 

A fair few shouts are downright depressing to listen to. Where we sit it often seems to be Coll Donaldson that bears the brunt of the nonsense for a couple of misplaces passes.

Have to feel for the guy after getting it tight for a lot if last season, getting it right for much of this one but still winding up having abuse hurled at him from his own support.

21 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Agree with all of this. Worth noting we are 5 points ahead of where the Pars were at this point last season and 9 points ahead of our own total. That is a huge improvement. We arent going to batter teams every week, if it wasnt for Hamilton also hoovering up every point in sight everything would be very rosy indeed 

34 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I think I'm coming to the conclusion that these folk are genuinely thick! I've said it before, but if they think that a Falkirk squad that's been assembled to win L1 is going to give everyone else a pasting every week, they're utterly delusional. Players are human and are likely to suffer losses in form at some point, that's surely obvious? 

I see a couple of below par performances has seen pedro reappear with his red dots, despite the fact that we took 4 out of 6 points from them, remain top of the league and are still unbeaten! Maybe it was him that was shouting that 'MacIvor has been shit for weeks and should have been dropped'?