The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

In fairness, there's no reason for me to have seen that.

I don't think I am. Other than not giving you the tickets earlier we've not done anything wrong. And, assuming we are still in a title race together come the next meeting at NDP, i've absolutely no doubt you'll be getting handed your tickets to sell again.

So, you're saying that, if we're not in a title race at that time, you'll sell tickets on-line then?

I don't live in Falkirk either, but luckily work hours today allowed me to drive through and get our tickets earlier. Echo comments made though; driving to one stadium to get tickets for a game at another - especially when the game in question is bog standard league match where sales could have been arranged weeks ago and you're selling home tickets online - is ludicrous. FSS statement was spot on and to the point. Hamilton are a dictionary definition, quintessential tinpot diddy outfit and I hope the players are properly fired up for this on Saturday.

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

This is getting tiresome.

Fans don't just buy tickets to get in though do they? They buy food, drink, 50/50 tickets, programmes, parking etc. £10,000 would get a decent loan player in for the final 5 months of the season. If you're telling me Hamilton, as a Scottish league 1 club, are so well off they can afford to attract less away fans than they otherwise could then I think we just need to agree to differ. I know Falkirk can't afford to turn their nose up at extra fan attendance. 

If Hamilton can turn their nose up at 10k it’s astounding we’re keeping up with them. It’s the sort of bonus money our board doesn’t sanction for (as no decent away support ever turns up at TFS) and would definitely give us a new loan body come the end of January. Again, hope we ride these diddies on Saturday. 

Logan Sinclair played left back for Tynecastle in a 3-2 defeat to Dunbar, cleared one off the line and looked unlucky to be on the losing team.

Shay Burke started centre mid in a 3-1 win for Drumchapel over Kilsyth.

Scott Honeyman started for the shire in a 1-0 defeat to Stirling Uni.

18 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Anyone know if the club shop will post out tickets? I’m in Lanzarote until Friday night so really frustrated by Hamiltons treatment here. The irony is I live a few miles from Hamilton so I’d need to rush up to Falkirk on Saturday morning to get a ticket IF there’s any available.

I can only presume this is about Hamilton trying to pass responsibly for our large supports coordination etc to Falkirk FC to absolve liability to Hamilton?

In any case it’s quite ridiculous…..

Just an update on this. Club are not posting out tickets due to time and tickets are only on sale at the club until Friday night as Hamilton need unsold tickets back on Saturday morning. Less than 1000 tickets left and no guarantee of tickets being available for sale at Hamilton on Saturday.

Thank you Hamilton for being such absolute wankers…..

ps. I like others will probably just need to buy a ticket for the home end…..

@Francesc Fabregaswould be great if you could highlight this on this weeks show?

Edited by roman_bairn

14 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Just an update on this. Club are not posting out tickets due to time and tickets are only on sale at the club until Friday night as Hamilton need unsold tickets back on Saturday morning. Less than 1000 tickets left and no guarantee of tickets being available for sale at Hamilton on Saturday.

@Francesc Fabregaswould be great if you could highlight this on this weeks show?

I'd assume that if they need the unsold tickets back it's because they've now decided to sell them at the game.

Tinpot Accies will probably announce it a 2 o'clock on Saturday.

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

A View from the Terrace won't be back until February 2024 but this is absolutely the kind of thing that should be highlighted and discussed. For something that should be a straightforward process (for the biggest game of the season, no less), it really feels unnecessarily Kafkaesque.

Good luck on Saturday, I hope you're able to make it.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

33 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I'd assume that if they need the unsold tickets back it's because they've now decided to sell them at the game.

Partially this but likely more to do with the fact Accies can charge a fee for unreturned tickets in line with the BoE base rate so will cost us money to keep their tickets beyond Friday 😡.

Accies using the antiquated rulebook to maximum effect.

We've put on some decent shows for the home fans of late, but just ONCE in recent times, when the away fans turn out in accordance with the importance of the game, I'd love to see us turn in a proper, lay a marker down performance. 

We saw 1 cracker in the first game at EEP last season but even then couldn't turn it into 3 points. Other than that, let downs. 

Desperately want us to go through there and grab the league by the scruff of the neck and make it clear that we are going to keep on winning. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

We've put on some decent shows for the home fans of late, but just ONCE in recent times, when the away fans turn out in accordance with the importance of the game, I'd love to see us turn in a proper, lay a marker down performance. 

We saw 1 cracker in the first game at EEP last season but even then couldn't turn it into 3 points. Other than that, let downs. 

Desperately want us to go through there and grab the league by the scruff of the neck and make it clear that we are going to keep on winning. 

Couldn’t have put it better. Bridesmaid far too often on so many important games. Love to see a get up and go at them attitude for the whole game.