The Falkirk FC Thread

30 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Arrogant arrogant man. From the day he stepped back into TFS the place went from bad to worse. 

Signings included;

Steven Hetherington (2 year deal) Jamie Wilson (2 year deal) , Seb Ross (2 year deal) , Michael Ruth (loan) , Brad McKay (THREE year deal) Ryan Williamson (2 year deal) Sammy Omperon ( 👑

No money! No problems! 2 year deals for everyone!!!! 

Prize Contender goes to Luke Holt who was signed from a US scholarship at the ripe of age of 23 years old on a (you guessed it) 2 year deal! Who was signed as a 3rd choice keeper for the bairns! 

Up there with Hartley for me as one of the worse to ever be at the club. 

Holt, Deans, Campbell, Hartley. 

What a fucking quartet that is in terms of damage done. Utter fucking charlatans

30 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Holt, Deans, Campbell, Hartley. 

What a fucking quartet that is in terms of damage done. Utter fucking charlatans

Thought we had gotten past the rubbish in the stadium chat 🙄

2 hours ago, StuartA said:

None of us know if Cal will be offered a PCA or, if he is, the new club would be prepared to pay a fee to get him earlier.  I don't think it's as black and white as saying "Nah!" if it isn't a huge sum.  Only JMcG will have the full picture around likely impact on Cal's motivation (which I'd never doubt to be fair), or whether even say £50k would make a major difference to the squad now, including to extend contracts, and who would be available, even if it was a decent pot of cash.  The same might go for several other players out of contract this year.

Every player on the books has their price, and that's a fact.

For McGlynn it's balancing the value of the player to the team against the value of the cash that will be available for the squad.

It's a hard call and that's why McGynn sits at the managers' desk.

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Arrogant arrogant man. From the day he stepped back into TFS the place went from bad to worse. 

Signings included;

Steven Hetherington (2 year deal) Jamie Wilson (2 year deal) , Seb Ross (2 year deal) , Michael Ruth (loan) , Brad McKay (THREE year deal) Ryan Williamson (2 year deal) Sammy Omperon ( 👑

No money! No problems! 2 year deals for everyone!!!! 

Prize Contender goes to Luke Holt who was signed from a US scholarship at the ripe of age of 23 years old on a (you guessed it) 2 year deal! Who was signed as a 3rd choice keeper for the bairns! 

Up there with Hartley for me as one of the worse to ever be at the club. 

Every single one of those signings was shite on varying levels of shiteyness. Luke Holt was never a goalie in a million years and as for Wilson that was just a joke. You felt sorry for the guy in that he really wasn't a footballer but was there for comedy value. 

9 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Every single one of those signings was shite on varying levels of shiteyness. Luke Holt was never a goalie in a million years and as for Wilson that was just a joke. You felt sorry for the guy in that he really wasn't a footballer but was there for comedy value. 

Aye but were you any good in your first job?

Edited by Shodwall cat

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Aye but we're you any good in your first job?

No I was a yts and got the utter piss ripped out me, but let's not forget Wilson was at Dumbarton before we signed him so it wasn't his first rodeo. 

12 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Darts World Championships final, us Bairns are everywhere 😁

IMG_2532.jpeg

Love it. Just finished work. Hope young Luke wins it. Any guy who celebrates success with not one, but two donner kebabs is fine by me 🤣

4 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

The signing of his son bagel hands in a position we didn't need and then denying nepotism was the angriest I have ever felt towards the club. Had he got a game I was all for not going back.

42 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Get involved if you can & drop us a tweet tonight 

Not got Twitter, but got to be 

Goal = Morrisons absolute MISSILE against Montrose with the last kick of the ball. 

Game= Accies away, after the absolute borefest at TFS and numerous games struggling against Dunfermline/Airdrie/Cove/ literally any full time team we came up against in the league! It was squeaky bum time to see if this team had anything about them. Turned up from the first minute and absolutely ran over Accies from start to finish. Calvin Millers goal 💙

Player = Big Tam Lang. Brings complete reliability to a back line that lacked confidence after last season. Has improved everyone around him and is just a class act. Also Sexy! 

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Get involved if you can & drop us a tweet tonight 

I’ve not got twitter either but I would go for Calvin’s goal at Hamilton as they had just scored and it really burst their bubble. I would also go for Hamilton away, was a superb game and the atmosphere was immense. Player also has to be big Tam, for me he is the building block that our so far successful season has been built on.

38 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Not got Twitter, but got to be 

Goal = Morrisons absolute MISSILE against Montrose with the last kick of the ball. 

Game= Accies away, after the absolute borefest at TFS and numerous games struggling against Dunfermline/Airdrie/Cove/ literally any full time team we came up against in the league! It was squeaky bum time to see if this team had anything about them. Turned up from the first minute and absolutely ran over Accies from start to finish. Calvin Millers goal 💙

Player = Big Tam Lang. Brings complete reliability to a back line that lacked confidence after last season. Has improved everyone around him and is just a class act. Also Sexy! 

Thank you. Make that 2 for me Falkirk Daft

Just feel a lot of sourness towards last season. But Kai Kennedys goal for importance and McGuffies for a "I was there" moment can't be forgotten, but I think I too will award goal of 2023 to Morrison v Montrose cos it was an absolute fucking howitzer and I really, really enjoyed it. 

The game is Accies away and that even breaking g my usual rule that I pick things I attended. For the reasons SB mentioned it was just so massive. 

Player I'm giving to Callumn Morrison. If we are nearing the end, now or in summer, it's time for him to reap what he has sown. Playing in shite teams, one injury after another, occasional stick from the fans yet never stopped giving his all and has a highlight reel like a 70s Brazilian 

On 02/01/2024 at 16:38, Harry Kinnear said:

Didn’t realise there was a full Premiership and Championship card today, don’t understand why League’s one and two couldn’t have had games today when most folk are still off.

Think part of this is the championship clubs have an extra weekend left free for Scottish cup on the presumption more will get through.  Premiership has a winter break + more games.

Years when festive games have been planned for lower league teams have tended to result in a lot of requests to move fixtures.