The Falkirk FC Thread

45 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

Stenhousemuir fans are all hipsters who can't stand us because we dwarf them. 

Since it was mentioned earlier in the thread, can I ask why you always reddot any post from Bigbrbairn? As does I think does one other poster here? 

I doubt it bothers him. It certainly didn't bother me when marshmallo used to reddot almost everything I posted. I pay attention to the opinions of people whom I know personally and who speak to me facetoface. I might not agree with them, but at least we'll have a civil conversation and after it I'll understand why their opinions and mine are so different. Or perhaps I'll be able to change their minds. 

I may sometimes challenge their posts so that others hear an alternative viewpoint. Or in some cases ignore them completely because it's just a waste of effort. 

But I've never constantly reddotted anyone just because I don't agree with their opinions on a forum, or because I know and dislike them in real life. To me, that just comes across as the behaviour of a child. A child who doesn't have the intelligence to engage in debate or the emotional maturity to deal with opinions which are different from their own.  

I've no idea if that's what you are and I'm not trying to be insulting. I am, however,  genuinely curious as to why you do it and what you think you're achieving. 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

What an absolute appalling display by both teams. 

I watched the first half and chucked it, terrible game of football. Maybe we are just spoiled this year with the displays we’ve been witnessing.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Found that odd as well, I’ve never really looked at Steny as a rival. Certainly feel no malice towards the club, the two clubs have always operated at different levels and have never really been in the same leagues for any length of time (can’t actually ever remember us being in the same division) for the fixture to form as a “derby” type game in the same way the Dunfermline games feel. In fact, I don’t have a second team as such but if I did I’d go as far to say it might even be Stenhousemuir, certainly don’t view them on the premise there is some kind of manufactured rivalry there. Before they disappeared down the pyramid I’d have presumed Stenhousemuirs natural derby type game would have been against the Shire with the two clubs mostly operating at the same level up to that point? 

I can think of at least 5 teams off the top of my head who seem to have some major dislike for us without it being reciprocated

5 minutes ago, AndrewFFC said:

I can think of at least 5 teams off the top of my head who seem to have some major dislike for us without it being reciprocated

Just off the top of my head, in my experience, maybe Stenny / Shire / Stirling / Airdrie / Morton. (?)

Would be interesting to see if any of my five match yours. 

29 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Just off the top of my head, in my experience, maybe Stenny / Shire / Stirling / Airdrie / Morton. (?)

I had Stirling, Stenny, Raith, Morton and Alloa, can't believe I forgot Airdrie though, they're probably worse for it than the 5 I had

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Since it was mentioned earlier in the thread, can I ask why you always reddot any post from Bigbrbairn? As does I think does one other poster here? 

I doubt it bothers him. It certainly didn't bother me when marshmallo used to reddot almost everything I posted. I pay attention to the opinions of people whom I know personally and who speak to me facetoface. I might not agree with them, but at least we'll have a civil conversation and after it I'll understand why their opinions and mine are so different. Or perhaps I'll be able to change their minds. 

I may sometimes challenge their posts so that others hear an alternative viewpoint. Or in some cases ignore them completely because it's just a waste of effort. 

But I've never constantly reddotted anyone just because I don't agree with their opinions on a forum, or because I know and dislike them in real life. To me, that just comes across as the behaviour of a child. A child who doesn't have the intelligence to engage in debate or the emotional maturity to deal with opinions which are different from their own.  

I've no idea if that's what you are and I'm not trying to be insulting. I am, however,  genuinely curious as to why you do it and what you think you're achieving. 

Thanks BB. I have asked and have yet to find out why? Perhaps it is my poor attempts at humour which i can use as an antidote to the gloom

3 hours ago, AndrewFFC said:

Other than when he tried to claim that Falkirk and stenny are like Celtic and rangers

I can't speak for anyone else in here, but I'm absolutely buzzing that Stenny are flying high in League 2. I want all the teams in the Falkirk area to do well.

34 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Thanks BB. I have asked and have yet to find out why? Perhaps it is my poor attempts at humour which i can use as an antidote to the gloom

No, it's because they're children. Or at least they act like it. They took a dislike to you and decided to try and bully you. Adults laugh that off. Kids think its cool. The fact that the only response I got was a red dot pretty much confirms it. 

They'll probably switch their attention to me now. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'll jump on the team bus tomorrow morning to do a job for the club while they'll be looking through my previous posts and red-dotting all of them. So what? It's irrelevant, and so are the babies who indulge in that sort of behaviour. 

If people aren't willing to air their gripes in person then they're not worth a second thought. 

2 hours ago, AndrewFFC said:

I had Stirling, Stenny, Raith, Morton and Alloa, can't believe I forgot Airdrie though, they're probably worse for it than the 5 I had

I actually had Alloa on my list but replaced with Airdrie but it was a toss up. Must be something in it as our lists are quite similar anyway!

5 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

I actually had Alloa on my list but replaced with Airdrie but it was a toss up. Must be something in it as our lists are quite similar anyway!

Tiny clubs desperate for a rivalry with massive FC

Edited by AndrewFFC

9 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

I can't speak for anyone else in here, but I'm absolutely buzzing that Stenny are flying high in League 2. I want all the teams in the Falkirk area to do well.

I’m actually the same to be honest, disappointing it’s apparently not reciprocated. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

MATCHDAY! 🚌

The Bairns are Edinburgh bound today. Predictions? 

If you haven’t already, give this weeks podcast a watch on your travels👇🏼

🎙️EP:66 CHEER UP PAUL HARTLEY

🔵 Preview Edin City (A), Review wins over QOS & Cove plus all the FFC news discussed 🗞️

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk4274A98F-B8BB-4CE1-AE8D-DC1C3089E9E8.thumb.jpeg.c796c0d7ec4248707bfd1edeaec3a603.jpeg

11 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

Surely Airdrie is reciprocated? I can't stand them and their fans. 

I live in Stirling, have done all my life, and it's true, any Albion I know absolutely hates falkirk. One said it was because he was jealous of the size of our club and fan base. I honestly don't care about them one way or another. Cute really. 

Clubs that I loathe 

Rainjurs & Sellik (obviously)

Airdrie ( fascist wanks)

Livingston (very,very dodgy)

Clubs that I dislike because of genuine sporting rivalry

Dunfermline

No thoughts either way on any other club including any of the local wee teams.

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Nothing on here amuses me more than folk getting wound up by little red dots.

Feel the same for people who red dot things rather than debate a point. It’s supposed to be a discussion forum. Some members registered who don’t say a thing but red/green dot people.