The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

... Of the few chances he was given, didn’t really look that interested

Disagree. His last start against Queens Park in the cup he ran the show, won the penalty IIRC and looked like he'd kicked on. Early doors against Alloa he finished outrageously having sent a couple of Alloa defenders for a hot dog showing he's got talent.

However, since then we've seen nowt of him and with Miller, Nesbitt and Spencer playing so well it was always going to be tough to break in.

Ola is McGlynns 7th choice attacking choice so it’s no surprise he’s not played never mind make the bench.

Morrison Nesbitt Miller are tbe first choice with Agyeman Oliver and Ross behind them. 

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Unrealistic expectations. Not a manager in the world gets every contract correct. Guardiola goes through about 3 duds for every success. Mcglynn’s success rate has been remarkable 

I agree. Wasn’t saying McGlynns success rate has been poor, just that he maybe didn’t need to bring in as many players. Might be more money to then tie up the likes of Henderson, McCann etc. 

1 hour ago, Dave McInally said:

That was the point though. There’s 2 or 3 of those players that might not have been necessary to bring in and instead give Honeyman and Walker more opportunities in our first team instead.

The BoD have backed him to the hilt when finances are very tight so if he is saying some of these players aren’t good enough then it’s on him. The only one thing up a wage now that he doesn’t seem to rate is McKay. 

Do you really think McGlynn would have farmed them out to, let be honest, leagues way below League 1 standard if he thought they were ready? 

2 hours ago, Dave McInally said:

Would generally agree had he been a new signing but to give him a year extension after having a full season with him then oust him out with very little game time seems like a waste.

Hard to show any consistency too when he’s only started 4 games, with none of them being consecutive matches. As I said before too, he played a great game against Ayr in the Challenge Cup. 

But we don’t see what happens day in day out. If he was putting it in day to day in training he would have had more opportunities as he has talent. It can only be something like that or some sort of fall out or he would have featured more than he has. 

Edited by BPM Again

My stream wasn’t the best yesterday so actually missed a lot of the game. However after watching the highlights, we should have scored a lot more than 2 even in that first half. 2 off the bar and 2 off the line. I suppose on another day they might go in for us. 

13 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

In an effort to move on from yesterday I bought myself 4 tickets this morning for the Hamilton game in a month. It's going to be massive. 

Looking at the fixtures, it's very likely that they will close the gap on us between now and then. They have 4 games to our 2 games and their games are very winnable, 2 at home and 2 away. Our two games are both away to Alloa (on a very good run of form under their new manager) and Cove, who will likely have some signings in by then and Fyvie will be back so probably a different proposition to Tuesday night.

Would be nice if we went into that game with them still with a decent gap.

I would not bet on it. In fact, I'd bet against it. Because If either us or Cove - who are playing Brora Rangers - get through next weekend the game up there on 10/2 is off, as that's the next round of the Scottish Cup. So there's a real possibility that by the time the Hamilton game comes around on 17/2, they will have played a further four league games to our one, which will be absolutely no cake walk at Alloa. Hamilton being out of all cups means they can now just go Saturday to Saturday in the league. Who knows how beneficial that may prove to be for them? As enjoyable as the performances and results against QP and especially DU were, this Trust Trophy or whatever it's called this year is a pain at this stage, and one we could well do without. Binning scheduled Saturday league games in favour of it is just ludicrous.

If I am well aware of the vagaries of the fixture list over the course of the next month, then I'll assume that McGlynn is as well, making yesterday's act of self-sabotage and offering of some hope to our main rivals when there was absolutely no need to all the more mind-blowing. Complete and utter lunacy. It all adds up to the fact that, for as good as this season has been, we're still a million miles away from achieving anything. We've still got a massive challenge over the next the three and a half months.

On 14/01/2024 at 03:37, BPM Again said:

It isn’t crap. They had two efforts on goal from set pieces and scored and we defended them poorly. What part of that don’t you understand? We missed 3/4 chances in the first 15 minutes. They were not in any shape or form the better team today - at no point. They worked hard, stopped us playing yes. But certainly never better at any point. 

We missed 3/4 chances in the first 3/4 minutes to be honest and that's when you think it might be one of those days.

4 hours ago, KiwiDB said:

We missed 3/4 chances in the first 3/4 minutes to be honest and that's when you think it might be one of those days.

I was standing at that end of the ground and couldn’t have told you that.  Just such a shit view!

The Artisan is a decent pub though

OUT NOW!!

🆕🎙️EP:67 LESSONS LEARNED

🔵 Review the draw with Edinburgh City talking barriers, team changes, a penalty & deleted posts 👀
⚪️ Preview the away day to Bonnyrigg Rose (A) in the Scottish Cup 🚆
🔵 PLUS all the latest FFC news discussed inc Falkirk Supporters Society Fundraiding night, Sold out sponsorships/Hospitality, Junior Bairns memberships plus much, much more 🗞️

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.ukIMG_7184.thumb.jpeg.3391e73d12d9890f98c1e3eea823190e.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

I was standing at that end of the ground and couldn’t have told you that.  Just such a shit view!

The Artisan is a decent pub though

Artisan is a great pub & a staple when we go through to a Bairns game v Hibs or Edinburgh City. 

7 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Here you go Edinburgh City's version of the highlights which is much better resolution, brightness and clarity than ours. Do we need better cameras? This is much better to see the woeful first half (and the great saves their keeper made).

Our camera quality is consistently poor, which it shouldn’t be considering the money spent on it. Edinburgh, Montrose and Alloa for example have much better clarity of picture whenever I see their highlights.

Isn’t a new thing though, the quality was as poor last season and seasons before too 

29 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Here you go Edinburgh City's version of the highlights which is much better resolution, brightness and clarity than ours. Do we need better cameras? This is much better to see the woeful first half (and the great saves their keeper made).

Got to remember the highlights that EC do are not sent out at midnight, they are edited (normally with dubbed comms), but you can see time is taken to give a nice edited package,  imo ours look like they are recorded straight off the stream so quality is slightly less.  

3 minutes ago, Hampden Roar said:

Got to remember the highlights that EC do are not sent out at midnight, they are edited (normally with dubbed comms), but you can see time is taken to give a nice edited package,  imo ours look like they are recorded straight off the stream so quality is slightly less.  

Yes but the same camera position is more or less used and the quality is much better - that's not the editing.