The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

We must hammer Bonnyrigg on Saturday to get the feel good back into the team

Absolutely (that’s if the game goes ahead - weather isnt breaking till Friday/Saurday and would need to thaw out very quickly after five days of minus )

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Absolutely (that’s if the game goes ahead - weather isnt breaking till Friday/Saurday and would need to thaw out very quickly after five days of minus )

It's cold here today (-5 overnight) and frost on the ground but rain is predicted for Friday/Sat if you trust the iphone app. 

EDIT: just checked and they have updated it to 50% chance of frost and 3 degrees during day. 

Edited by Kevin James Left Knee

2 hours ago, Dave McInally said:

Had a look at Kilmarnock’s accounts for season 21/22 for comparison, when they won the Championship. 

Their turnover was £3.7m however that included £500k parachute payment, £665k prize money(which we’d need to finish 1st), they also had a Covid grant of £140k and Covid insurance of £150k and made £665k from ST sales. If I remember correctly ours are in the region of £300k. 

If you take away the extras for Kilmarnock from Covid and the Parachute payment then their turnover was about £2.91m. They were affected by social distancing for the start of the season but their ST numbers, hospitality sales(£351k) and shop sales(£555k) are still mightily impressive.

I expect the away crowd to go up 500 on average if Dunfermline are still in the league so that could gain an extra £150k using a £16 average. 

We can’t sell more hospitality than at present. We can sell more shirts I’m sure but think we only make about £30/shirt so even selling an extra 1,000 units would only equate to an extra £30k. Prices can undoubtedly go up but the club have committed to a freeze on ST prices and what is the realistic amount, hospitality/merchandise or sponsorship can go up by?(it certainly didn’t seem to go down when we were relegated)

If we do get an extra £150k on away gates, if we were to budget for finishing 4th(an extra £260k) and if we sold £100k more sponsorship and merchandising, we’d still be requiring an extra £500k or so to make £1m more than we would be if we finish 1st this year and meet our targets. 

I’m all for ambition but pragmatism is first and foremost to me and as much as it may be possible to gain £1m, it’s by no means a certainty. 

That’s incorrect, we could still sell more hospitality than at present and do still have capacity to sell more hospitality and corporate packages currently (and I’m sure next year should we gain promotion we will indeed sell more if continued to be marketed properly) It’s only the brockville lounge and corporate boxes that are booked out until the end of the season. Other packages and lounges are still available, there were also a number of games earlier in the season where the brockville lounge and boxes were not at full capacity so there is scope to improve upon that also. I also think prices in particular for the boxes and match sponsorship will increase significantly next year, it doesn’t seem overly expensive at the moment for what it is considering most that are booking run it through as a business expense, the demand is most definitely there and will only increase next season should we gain promotion.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

52 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I do think we need to revisit the under 12s go free (unless its still being subsidised by INEOS) and introduce a nominal charge or keep free but locate in a family friendly zone.  At the moment an adult can claim more than 1 free child seat which will be increasing attendance numbers but not necessarily bringing in extra income. 

Maybe a solution would be free tickets if adult season ticket is also paid for in a designated family zone or small rising charge depending on where else in the ground the seat will be (e.g £25 SS, £35 MS, £50 Prime)?  

I'm all for 1 off free tickets to things like schools, youth clubs etc for individual games.  

Nah, the free tickets thing is good imo. Especially with it being funded by YES (according to blame me). It definitely will bring in extra income via programmes and food/drinks.

That incentive of it being free might be the difference between someone taking their two kids down to the stadium for an afternoon instead of doing something else. 

Also helps bring in a younger generation who could easily go support the OF. 

10 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Nah, the free tickets thing is good imo. Especially with it being funded by YES (according to blame me). It definitely will bring in extra income via programmes and food/drinks.

That incentive of it being free might be the difference between someone taking their two kids down to the stadium for an afternoon instead of doing something else. 

Also helps bring in a younger generation who could easily go support the OF. 

Ultras doing some unspoken work in that regard I reckon. Anecdotally speaking, I know of a few folk who are seething that their high school age laddies have fucked off their ill conceived arse cheek affiliation to come to us and participate with their righteous Falkirk supporting pals in the ultras section. Soon we'll need to give them the North and wedge the away fans in some sort of trench down the East side

33 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

That’s incorrect, we could still sell more hospitality than at present and do still have capacity to sell more hospitality and corporate packages currently (and I’m sure next year should we gain promotion we will indeed sell more if continued to be marketed properly) It’s only the brockville lounge and corporate boxes that are booked out until the end of the season. Other packages and lounges are still available, there were also a number of games earlier in the season where the brockville lounge and boxes were not at full capacity so there is scope to improve upon that also. I also think prices in particular for the boxes and match sponsorship will increase significantly next year, it doesn’t seem overly expensive at the moment for what it is considering most that are booking run it through as a business expense, the demand is most definitely there and will only increase next season should we gain promotion.

Was just going by what was said regarding hospitality. Not sure how many options haven’t been taken so far or further ahead for this season?

Had a look at the prices and a sell out hospitality(with 90 in Brockville Lounge with drinks package) brings in £12,310 which minus VAT is £9,848. If we account for selling out 22 home games then that would bring in around £215k but would have to minus what we bring in now to work out the gain.

A price increase could help but may affect numbers, likewise if we are not performing as well as this season. 

Out of interest what do you think a fair price rise would be for hospitality? 

We should offer a more down to earth hospitality experience IMO. There should be packages that see you put at a table in the Brockville Bar with a few sausage rolls/pies and some bar vouchers for the early game, then just sat in the KM7. Or stick a container with a can bar down the East side and watch the match from a Scaffold to get a view no one else ever gets 

I did it earlier this season and think the hospitality is fairly priced for what you get.

Sounds like we need more boxes and another kitchen. Maybe we could look at fitting out the huge unused area on the second floor?

In terms of the free kids tickets, these should be kept. I reckon the sponsor will offset the cost of that. Even if a small number of extras are converted to lifelong fans it would be worth it anyway. It really is win-win.

There were maybe around free 100 seats in the south stand despite the last two sell outs, but definitely a combination of more than 1 fan per seat in the ultras section and some ST holders not turning up. I know Sevco operate a sell-your-seat system so it can be done.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

38 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Was just going by what was said regarding hospitality. Not sure how many options haven’t been taken so far or further ahead for this season?

Had a look at the prices and a sell out hospitality(with 90 in Brockville Lounge with drinks package) brings in £12,310 which minus VAT is £9,848. If we account for selling out 22 home games then that would bring in around £215k but would have to minus what we bring in now to work out the gain.

A price increase could help but may affect numbers, likewise if we are not performing as well as this season. 

Out of interest what do you think a fair price rise would be for hospitality? 

The reason I know is we have just booked a table only this week, brockville lounge and boxes are all gone which is great but essentially you’re buying a similar package just sitting in a different lounge. The last time we were in the championship it worked out £120 per head then a slightly more for a box and more again for the sponsors box, certain “premium” games were also more expensive i.e Dunfermline/ old firm/ heats/ hibs ect due to the demand from away fans also I presume. In particular for the corporate boxes I don’t think going back to a pricing structure like that would effect take up should we continue and capitalise on the upward trend we are on. The discount for season ticket holders I think has been a good thing as well for regular fans booking a day out, hopefully that continues. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Some wording by the Falkirk Herald:

the attacking triumvirate were wanted by the ambitious New Douglas Park side

At NDP, they will realise that they can't get Miller, Morrison and Agyeman after all, so have now set their sites on Triumvirate instead (apparently, they are not the only club in the mix for this unknown yet fancy sounding talent 😃)

We do hospitality 3/4 times a year, novices I know compared to Ross but I think it’s good value for the £90. Food is always decent, good atmosphere, get to hear the stories of ex players, good seat in the main stand and we normally manage about 8 pints. I think it’s well worth the money. 

The massive unused area in the Main Stand where they held the Ray McKinnon meeting could be used if we went up and needed more capacity. Does it belong to us or would we need to pay the council.

33 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I did it earlier this season and think the hospitality is fairly priced for what you get.

Sounds like we need more boxes and another kitchen. Maybe we could look at fitting out the huge unused area on the second floor?

In terms of the free kids tickets, these should be kept. I reckon the sponsor will offset the cost of that. Even if a small number of extras are converted to lifelong fans it would be worth it anyway. It really is win-win.

There were maybe around free 100 seats in the south stand despite the last two sell outs, but definitely a combination of more than 1 fan per seat in the ultras section and some ST holders not turning up. I know Sevco operate a sell-your-seat system so it can be done.

Tickets for kids are an investment in the future as the home game becomes the norm as far as their social life is concerned that a large % will carry into adulthood and into the next generation. Also while they get in for free most will spend in the stadium, Programme, Pie, Fizzy drink etc so there will be an income stream from them that will not show up directly.

11 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We do hospitality 3/4 times a year, novices I know compared to Ross but I think it’s good value for the £90. Food is always decent, good atmosphere, get to hear the stories of ex players, good seat in the main stand and we normally manage about 8 pints. I think it’s well worth the money. 

The massive unused area in the Main Stand where they held the Ray McKinnon meeting could be used if we went up and needed more capacity. Does it belong to us or would we need to pay the council.

Is that the 11 Lounge area? We had looked at that as a potential area to host a sensory centre from the surplus money raised from the CI. Not sure if that will be possible though as it is owned by the council but is the clubs to utilise as they please on match days. 

Edited to add: 8 pints for £30 is very decent value. I need to learn to drink a lot quicker! Good effort!

Edited by Dave McInally

13 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

🤔😂

On the unused area within the 1st floor, the council have refitted it & it’s now council office space.