The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Of course we should have won but the pitch was a major leveller and we underperformed as a result.

What is it you don’t understand here?

I understand every part of it?

The problem is that it just seems to be accepted because its "only" the cup.

Someone yesterday said it was a cliche that a bad pitch was great leveler - today disproved that. Our wingers couldn't play the ball or use their pace and ball control to get round them and we were forced to play a long ball game (once we wised up after 15 mins). I also think that that pitch suits the hammer throwers that Bonnyrigg are composed of. if that had beern at teh Falkirk Stadium we would hammer them. Oh well.

I think I am beginning to understand the feeling of Falkirk fans in February 1922 after the debut of our world record transfer striker……..

Edited by HonestAl

That was a sharp kick to the baws but important we don’t get carried away. It’s just a fact that the awful pitch meant we couldn’t play our normal game, which would’ve seen us win. Our sin was to be unable to grind out the victory - we had enough chances in the second half to bury it too. 

The cup throws up shocks. We’ve done it to plenty teams in the past. Just need to suck it up, learn and come back stronger. 

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Pretty accurate description of your s**t team 

Personally, I think it's bizarre that your lot won today and your first thought is to go wind up Falkirk fans. We spend literally zero time thinking about your club. You're in a higher league, but you're a much smaller club, and you know it.

We were bound to lose a game at some point. Rather it was in the cup than league. We have no divine right to win any game and given the cup runs we have had in recent times it's a lot more than most clubs get. Aye it's a shit result but the league is the priority, time to get back on the horse starting at Alloa. 

18 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Hogarth in and Long sent back freeing up wages please 

I don't think Hogarth is any better tbh I still say Long is the better out the two overall.  BUT it just makes it all the more galling that we never signed an experienced keeper in the summer. 

Hopefully back to normality against alloa but I do have nagging concerns over what the last two games has done to the harmony in the squad. Six players flung in in a strange formation and then 5 of them having the ignominy of getting dragged off at half time. Then this week no subs only for four of them to get flung on when there is basically zero time to do anything despite a poor performance. Certainly  hasn't helped things that's for sure.