The Falkirk FC Thread

21 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Ian Black having a tantrum and getting sent off on the way into the dressing rooms at HT was quite the wee giggle.

I think Black was a fanny in general tbh, Ryan Stevenson told a story about his time at Hearts when Black had a go at big Christian Nade in the dressing room and got knocked spark out. 

9 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I think Black was a fanny in general tbh, Ryan Stevenson told a story about his time at Hearts when Black had a go at big Christian Nade in the dressing room and got knocked spark out. 

If you're going to start a scrap with a guy the size of nade you deserve knocked out. 

The thought of a final v either of them at EEP, Tynie or Easter Road is making me throughly moist. What a day it would be. Please please please not at Livingston 

Going to be tough on Saturday but a man can dream 

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

The thought of a final v either of them at EEP, Tynie or Easter Road is making me throughly moist. What a day it would be. Please please please not at Livingston 

Going to be tough on Saturday but a man can dream 

It’s going to be a difficult Saturday, but we’ve had our fair share of great nights under the floodlights. Difference last Saturday was night and day, compared to the pish endured last two. Rallying cry to the Ultras, could be so important for Saturdays game.

Raith are having a bit of a wobble I wouldn't be surprised to see an Airdrie win on pens. Hard game for us though I think this mob might be the toughest test for us yet this season.That said I thought Dundee Utd might have been but we tore them a new arse. It's set up for Declan McManus to score against us isn't it? 

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Il happily set myself up here... I think we would absolutely tank them

We absolutely wouldn't. I mean, it would not be anything approaching the apocalypse of last May, but they are a very, very decent football team - particular emphasis on the word team. What McCabe has done at Airdrie, on pretty minimal resources, is highly impressive. They lost Smith to Raith Rovers, brought in Todorov, and in terms of experienced players, that's about it in terms of changes, it's largely the same team as last season. But good use of the loan market - Hancock, Megwa - and they are more than holding their own in the Championship. Raith haven't been able to lay a glove on them, they disposed of St Johnstone in the SC with minimal fuss and I fancy them to give Hearts a hell of a game next week, by far the most interesting tie of the round. An Airdrie win would not be a massive shock.

For as enjoyable as this season has been, let's not lose sight of the fact that a lot of what we are facing on a week-to-week basis is, frankly, dross. Very poor standard. Airdrie would be a step up from that. A big step. 

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I see that Tom Jones plays for them. I suppose that's not unusual.

Hopefully we will put on the kind of performance that will have the TNS players yearning to get back to the Green Green Grass of home.

13 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Same. By the end it seemed to be only geeo41 and @kiddythat seemed to be posting 😉

🤔Whatever did happen happen to the “Brockville Spirit” forum all those #happyclappers fcuked off to?🤭😂🤣😂

7 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I expect the powers that be will be looking at East End Park for a Falkirk v Raith final rather than Easter Rd or Tynecastle unfortunately. 

No sure Police Scotland would fancy that. Been bother at a couple of Raith Pars games this season and then if you throw us into the mix.

18 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I expect the powers that be will be looking at East End Park for a Falkirk v Raith final rather than Easter Rd or Tynecastle unfortunately. 

They generally have the final at a lower league stadium due to costs renting out premiership stadiums so if it is us and faith that is probably the only viable option. If it’s v Airdrie then broadwood.