The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, BPM Again said:

Bet they are paying much more than us.

Maybe. But you've got to factor in having to live in Norn Iron and play for a club Satan rejected as it was a bit too extremist for his liking.

I'd take 1k a week to play at Salford before 2k a week to play for Sevco's paramilitary club.

9 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Maybe. But you've got to factor in having to live in Norn Iron and play for a club Satan rejected as it was a bit too extremist for his liking.

I'd take 1k a week to play at Salford before 2k a week to play for Sevco's paramilitary club.

He’ll have other factors to consider but absolutely nothing wrong with living in Northern Ireland. Love going there. 

Edited by Dave McInally

21 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

He’ll have other factors to consider but absolutely nothing wrong with living in Northern Ireland. Love going there. 

It's also a short flight. I'm sure lots of Scottish based players who play or have played in Northern Ireland didn't live there Monday-to-Friday.

39 minutes ago, Springfield said:

As said unless there’s a really stupid financial deal/offer for Morrison, which I can’t see anyone offering with little over 5 months to go, just hoping that signing Tait has absolutely nothing to do with Morrisons situation.

What if there is a clause in the contract that we have to sell if a certain offer is placed? This Morrison contract would have been a Gary Holt one. 

21 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

It's also a short flight. I'm sure lots of Scottish based players who play or have played in Northern Ireland didn't live there Monday-to-Friday.

Not sure about that to be honest. Is a very short flight but wouldn’t be great to commute regularly as most flights go to Belfast International which is a bit out the way. Plenty of great places to live in NI though and Belfast is a brilliant city. 

If does go there then would wish him well but can’t see anything happening till the end of the season. 🤞🏻 

Edited by Dave McInally

Let's be very clear here. Whilst Norn Iron may have improved since the days of Ian Paisley Linfield are a horrific club with horrible fans. Racially abusing a player last year just the latest incident. Adding a racist string to their already packed sectarian bow.

The year before a coach was sacked for vile behaviour around the death of a young Catholic abroad. 

I dont think any amount of money would attract me to these reptiles.

If I could pick any city in Europe to move to and be paid to play football there, Belfast would be pretty close to the bottom of my list. The club have made it clear he isnt for sale in this window, he would be well within his rights to get a PCA lined up though 

I can’t really see him going to Northern Ireland. The top two teams are Linfield and Larne who have a cast of ex lower Championship and league one players from Scotland. The wages don’t seem to be life changing. Is it worth uprooting to Belfast for one potential champions league qualifier match? He’s got a young family to consider. I’d be really surprised if he chose that move. He could easily go to lower league in England and earn a couple of grand a week which could well be life changing for him. He deserves a decent move and I hope he’s being advised accordingly. The similar situation was Declan MacManus, he was offered £3k a week to go to Wales, he was never going to be able to turn that down

Edited by Shabba

39 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Let's be very clear here. Whilst Norn Iron may have improved since the days of Ian Paisley Linfield are a horrific club with horrible fans. Racially abusing a player last year just the latest incident. Adding a racist string to their already packed sectarian bow.

The year before a coach was sacked for vile behaviour around the death of a young Catholic abroad. 

I dont think any amount of money would attract me to these reptiles.

Sorry but none of that makes NI a bad place to live. We have issues like that in Scotland too with certain football clubs but would hope that would never put anyone off living here. Glasgow is a great city to live in too, as far as I’m concerned.

Every country has its issues. 

7 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Sorry but none of that makes NI a bad place to live. We have issues like that in Scotland too with certain football clubs but would hope that would never put anyone off living here. Glasgow is a great city to live in too, as far as I’m concerned.

Every country has its issues. 

I'd actually argue that, although Glasgow is home to the Old Firm, the worst sectarian nonsense comes from places outside of Glasgow. Ayrshire for example is a hotbed.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The good thing is if Linfield are the only folk putting their hat in the ring to pay money to get him now, i'd hardly imagine he's battering McGlynns door down. He knows he'll get better than that in summer. He also knows the safety net of a new contract with us will always be there. Could be wrong, but it really doesn't scream that we're going to lose him today fingers crossed.

Have said this previously in the thread but he'll command a higher wage as a free agent in the summer than if his new club has also had to pay a transfer fee. Quietly optimistic that this window passes without any significant departures.

16 hours ago, SLClyde said:

We’ve signed Jaze Kabia, any good for you? 

He always looked like he had the attributes to be a decent player and was highly thought of at Livingston so I'm surprised he's now plying his trade in league two only a few years later.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

... Quietly optimistic that this window passes without any significant departures.

Aye. We have to remember the source of where Linfield's interest came from. Like other "rumours", it could all be sh*te.

13 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Lets not mention the result. 🙈

I just don't know what to make of the girls this season. When they're on it, they destroy anyone who runs into them, regardless of whether they're top of the league or how few games they've lost. But when they're off it, OMG they're honking. Six home league games and six wins. All of them very comprehensive. Away they've played six, drawn two and lost four. They're still in with a chance of promotion but if they're to achieve it their away form needs to improve dramatically. 

I wish we could do something to take our womens team in house. They're amateurs who work as students, teachers. nurses, physios and police officers, amongst various other roles. Even a small amount of cash put their way from the mens revenue would make a massive difference. If anyone wants to get involved with sponsorship please get in contact with their twitter account or myself. 

But to go back to the video, well done to the young team. A few of our players have children who're ages with them so they have an empathy towards the kids. And the girls really appreciate the support. I've made a few SM posts thanking them but as those are on platforms mainly seen by youngsters I might as well put one of a forum frequently by us oldies. Thanks boys and girls. You're noticed and appreciated. 

Who runs the Women’s team? The club or Foundation? 

6 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Who runs the Women’s team? The club or Foundation? 

Foundation now I think.  I remember it used to be the club back in the first decade, the woman from Airdrie who was a Scotland international was the coach and it was quite successful IIRC.  I'd personally prefer to see all the football be it women, kids, coaching etc brought under the club, but I that'll all take time under the rebuild.  

7 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Foundation now I think.  I remember it used to be the club back in the first decade, the woman from Airdrie who was a Scotland international was the coach and it was quite successful IIRC.  I'd personally prefer to see all the football be it women, kids, coaching etc brought under the club, but I that'll all take time under the rebuild.  

Without knowing the detail, I would assume there would be some benefits from having these teams run under a charitable organisation rather than the club itself. I’m thinking of things like tax treatment and grants that may not be available to the club directly.

Edited by PedroMoutinho