The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Think I'd rather play Rovers as they seem pretty disjointed compared to Airdrie.

Doing a (very very) tiny bit of what they did to us here. So much energy it looks like they’re playing with 13 men sometimes. 

19 minutes ago, BPM said:

Did Alex Rae not come to us after Rangers freed him? Anyway that was 40 years ago and the game has completely changed and very few get the the top 2/3 leagues in Scotland without some sort of senior input during their development. 

I’m sure he was at Bishopbriggs between us and Rangers mate.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

From the fleeting viewing, Airdrie has bossed this up till now 

Yeah - they’ve played well so far. Some of the previous comments suggesting we’d tank them and only have to turn up to beat them appear very complacent.

If we get through to the final I think it’d be a very close game.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

18 minutes ago, Springfield said:

From the fleeting viewing, Airdrie has bossed this up till now 

RR are absolutely awful at the back. The Airdrie keeper not had a save of note all night either 

Edited by BPM

3 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I must be the only one who thinks both Airdrie and Raith have been honking in this game! 🙄

If that's top of the Championship teams then god help them if they went up.

Peaheart Telfer has actually put a shift in 

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Would you go though? You'd be getting pelters every game and that would get old very quickly.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Absolutely. If it’s something I’ve done all my life. 

Plenty others of that era still attend matches, as do some of the much previously criticised MSG, so nothing should stop Deans going. 

You'd perhaps think otherwise if you thought the strength of feeling against you was insurmountable.

I know that a former chairman - not Deans - would be thrilled to take in a game but doesn't think they'd be welcome.

Not sure I could argue otherwise.

Thought Raith looked shit and a shadow of the team I saw earlier in the season, they created feck all.

Take it if we get through it will be at Livingston. Airdrie v TNS would be lucky to break the 2000 mark and would probably be at Hamilton.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

On a slightly different note, just received from FSS newsletter. Very disappointing that some of the fans who started contributing have fell away. 

Yeah it's disappointing, but it was expected.

Pleasing that members are joining quicker than they lapse and I am still confident that many of those whose 2 year PayPal has ended will soon realise and re-join. 

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Thought Raith looked shit and a shadow of the team I saw earlier in the season, they created feck all.

Take it if we get through it will be at Livingston. Airdrie v TNS would be lucky to break the 2000 mark and would probably be at Hamilton.

I'm not itk about all things Raith but since Stanton has been injured they haven't been the same apparently. Sold Gullan but brought in Rudden. Airdrie will be difficult as feck if we win tomorrow, pains me to say it but McCabe has done a great job there with not a lot of resources. 

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

TNS/“Airdrie” final at Annan? Be just like a home game for Diamonds fans, following their SFA/League membership around Scotland.😉

15 minutes ago, One off poster said:

I think this is what you mean, right?

Not at all. 

I'm just lamenting that even by the standard of the bottom end of the Premier league then the gulf is massive if that's two of the better Championship teams.