The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, BPM said:

Oh the irony of a Airdrie fan criticising the behaviour of another clubs fans. 

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Your support is full of Nazis and Trump sympathisers. Pipe down son. 

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

At least it’s only some of our fans

It is kind of my point. Airdrie fans get constantly berated as being thugs etc, however, last night showed that all clubs have idiots. Seems to becoming more common as well

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

At least it’s only some of our fans

Behave yourself. 

I go with my 11 year old son and 65 year old father in law. 

Do you genuinely think all Airdrie fans are cutting about in Stone Island looking for scraps? 

😂

2 minutes ago, Aufc said:

It is kind of my point. Airdrie fans get constantly berated as being thugs etc, however, last night showed that all clubs have idiots. Seems to becoming more common as well

I agree with you and was being flippant with my post. Very few clubs don’t have idiots in their midsts and it does seem to be happening a lot more these days. We had the fighting before the game at Hamilton in December and I’m sure I read somewhere about trouble at an Alloa game recently with youngsters causing bother, add in the young lad being assaulted at a recent Fife derby.

I don’t know how the clubs can stop it. As I said earlier the cost of policing is too high for most clubs to pay now and they prefer stewarding but that doesn’t stop incidents from happening inside and outside of grounds.

10 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Definitely not an easy situation, but I maintain that the issue is more how these groups are viewed, and therefore treated, by the authorities and wider society rather than the group itself.

Last night there was the clearly antagonist Police tactics. Hamilton game I think is when the 'robust search' warning went out before the game. It all breeds this fraught environment which can spill over into the type of thing we saw last night. 

Much more complicated than just folk out to cause I bother imo.

Not sure. I think a problem with society now is that no one takes responsibility for themself.

The group should not be condemned but if the police are being heavy handed then that doesn’t give just cause to try and riot with the opposite support. 

The fact police have to be cautious with how they handle groups says it all too as it just exemplifies the culture we’ve created by pandering to thugs incase they kick off.

That’s the problem with a large group as if the group can’t police it themself then it becomes an even bigger issue for the police and the club if that group is allowed to grow before these issues are rectified. 

Edited by Dave Mc

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Behave yourself. 

I go with my 11 year old son and 65 year old father in law. 

Do you genuinely think all Airdrie fans are cutting about in Stone Island looking for scraps? 

😂

I was just at the wind up, I worked with an Airdrie fan and know you are not all like that, it’s only that 90% that are the issue 😜

13 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Definitely not an easy situation, but I maintain that the issue is more how these groups are viewed, and therefore treated, by the authorities and wider society rather than the group itself.

Last night there was the clearly antagonist Police tactics. Hamilton game I think is when the 'robust search' warning went out before the game. It all breeds this fraught environment which can spill over into the type of thing we saw last night. 

Much more complicated than just folk out to cause I bother imo.

Not condoning anything that happened last night, it's not on. 

I find the whole situation completely odd. Why on earth would there be any Agro with TNS fans? Especially in a challenge cup tie. Makes no sense whatsoever lol. 

I do agree that the police presence at games like these breeds into the atmosphere. Noticed they were up in the ultras section last night kicking guys out. Not blaming the police for wee Fanny's being wee Fanny's btw. 

15 minutes ago, Aufc said:

And rightly so. IMO of all the provincial clubs in Scotland Airdrie certainly has the most sinister element of all. It is not something new either. I remember being in a pub in Airdrie 30+ years ago and the pub full of Falkirk fans in Airdrie was attacked by the former Section B. Decent Airdrie fans seem accept the racism and the Sectarian shite a section of your support perpetuates.

1 minute ago, BPM said:

And rightly so. IMO of all the provincial clubs in Scotland Airdrie certainly has the most sinister element of all. It is not something new either. I remember being in a pub in Airdrie 30+ years ago and the pub full of Falkirk fans in Airdrie was attacked by the former Section B. Decent Airdrie fans seem accept the racism and the Sectarian shite a section of your support perpetuates.

I'll look forward to your campaign to name and shame all involved last night then. 

Let’s be honest here. Last night had f**k all to do with the police kicking someone out and the incident at Hamilton had f**k all to do with a search warning. It’s wee fannies acting hard. It’s happened since the dawn of time and will continue to happen.
Let’s not condemn a whole group of supporters, let’s just identify the wee fannies amongst us and get them to f**k. Aside from that throwing barriers/traffic cones/bins is just embarrassing for everyone

In my opinion, the Ultras have been a welcome addition and have certainly improved the atmosphere at matches.

However, like most clubs there is a small element intent on causing trouble and the club need to identify them.

Last nights scenes were a disgrace.

Edited by grahamstonbairn

On terms of the trouble I don't think it's got anything to do with the core of the ultra lads, they are generally a bit older than the wee fannies I've seen trying to cause bother in those videos or alloa last week, they all look about 12.

The ultras also tend to stay in the stadium at the end with the team and will have all their shit to pack up, so probably weren't even outside when that happened.

It's a guarantee these wee bams will come into the stadium and sit next to them but I don't think it's fair to say they are guilty by association.

As others have said, get any you can identified and banned and the one or 2 you can't find either won't come or certainly won't cause trouble on their own. 

30 minutes ago, BPM said:

😂😂 please tell us how we accept racism and sectarian shite? 

Edited by Aufc

41 minutes ago, BPM said:

You are an absolute tit. There were plenty Falkirk fans causing bother too when they were playing Airdrie (and other teams) back then (and since too). Presume you’re deliberately forgetting that while still being salty about something that happened 30 years ago. Your accusations are as ridiculous as your crying btw. 

Edited by Airdrie76

21 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

On terms of the trouble I don't think it's got anything to do with the core of the ultra lads, they are generally a bit older than the wee fannies I've seen trying to cause bother in those videos or alloa last week, they all look about 12.

The ultras also tend to stay in the stadium at the end with the team and will have all their shit to pack up, so probably weren't even outside when that happened.

It's a guarantee these wee bams will come into the stadium and sit next to them but I don't think it's fair to say they are guilty by association.

As others have said, get any you can identified and banned and the one or 2 you can't find either won't come or certainly won't cause trouble on their own. 

This was at the start of one of the videos so stadium was empty as it was happening. Certainly look older than 12 but definitely not much more than teenagers.

Do the Ultras have a membership or is it just anyone who stands in that section considered a part of it? 

IMG_8501.jpeg

Edited by Dave Mc

7 minutes ago, Dave Mc said:

This was at the start of one of the videos so stadium was empty as it was happening. Certainly look older than 12 but definitely not much more than teenagers.

Do the Ultras have a membership or is it just anyone who stands in that section considered a part of it? 

IMG_8501.jpeg

There will be a few founding members but I can't imagine there are any formalised memberships or something like that.

I suppose the positive and negative is that anyone can just rock up and be part of it. 

11 minutes ago, Dave Mc said:

IMG_8501.jpeg

Surely those are TNS fans though?

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Surely those are TNS fans though?

Yeh but was just in reply to the point about a lot of the Ultras still being in the stadium at that point. 

29 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

You are an absolute tit. There were plenty Falkirk fans causing bother too when they were playing Airdrie (and other teams) back then (and since too). Presume you’re deliberately forgetting that while still being salty about something that happened 30 years ago. Your accusations are as ridiculous as your crying btw. 

So you are denying Airdrie have a sectarian element in your support?