The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Every decision is a risk, but if you don’t take a decision when you’re riding high, when would you? I’d say it’d be a bigger risk not to show confidence in them now. Imagine the impact on their morale and that of the players he’s trying to tie up. We’ve had so much uncertainty and turnover for years, this feels like the right decision at the right time. 

It's a vote of confidence and welcome continuity (god help him if we don't get promoted though)

Will be a plus for any player recruitment that could be the difference between getting a player or not. Would be wise to see if a seamless successor process can be put in place during the next 2 seasons

Totally on board with him staying, his recruitment has been absolutely spot on this year. Agree with others that a) ideally would have waited until we were definitely up to do it (but I totally get why we haven’t in terms of planning, so that’s fine) and b) I’d have preferred one year to two as I’m unsure he’s a ‘take you to the next level’ kind of manager, given his limitations. But on balance it’s a good call,  gives some stability and hopefully it settles the squad and allows us to sign up the stronger players longer-term.

More than happy to keep McGlynn on if we go up. However, ideally I’d have waited until promotion is guaranteed or close to it- hopefully at 5pm next Saturday.

There are still 14 games to be played and the gap at the top could be 5 points next week (clearly we all hope not).

With all respect, I don’t think other clubs are going to be banging down his door for getting Falkirk out of the third tier at his second attempt.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

More than happy to keep McGlynn on if we go up. However, ideally I’d have waited until promotion is guaranteed or close to it- hopefully at 5pm next Saturday.

There are still 14 games to be played and the gap at the top could be 5 points next week (clearly we all hope not).

With all respect, I don’t think other clubs are going to be banging down his door for getting Falkirk out of the third tier at his second attempt.

Not like you to be negative!

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It’s been a really enjoyable season so far, and it’s no surprise that the BOD have offered two year deals. Risk ? More positives than negatives ie. Recruiting has been good, but like all managers gets the odd player wrong. Has a good dressing room, and players respect and enjoy working with him. Negatives, doesn’t like to change things until to late ( maybe stubbornness) For me the timing of the announcement is obviously aimed at what is perhaps our biggest game next Saturday. We’ve got 14 cup finals to win, and for me would have waited hopefully till we had confirmed top spot. 

I get the uncertainty from some, it's probably down to 5 years of absolute pain. I'm very happy with an extension. I just hope we keep going and get out this league. McGlynn deserves a chance in a higher division with us. He's not perfect, but his football on its day is brilliant to watch and after last year, he spotted where we were weak and recruited to strengthen us. The past month has been shaky (Edinburgh Bonnyrigg and TNS) however, at the start of the season I'd have gave my left (or right) ball to be in this spot. 

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Hamilton get a penalty, but must have missed because it's 0-1 half time.

The crowd will be going crazy. They hate Rankin anyway. 

im in Amsterdam about to drive to Italy. Hard to follow what’s happening 

10 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

The crowd will be going crazy. They hate Rankin anyway. 

im in Amsterdam about to drive to Italy. Hard to follow what’s happening 

BBC now deleted the penalty post, so they must have got it wrong.