The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

Will be completely transformative for club coffers if we do go up. I’d hope the current board would adopt a sensible and prudent approach with the club’s finances which is above all responsible. Increased crowds is one thing, then you have the increased league prize money and potential increase in sponsorship / advertising / hospitality interest, locally. The more successful the club gets, the fence sitters will want to join in the success too. More the merrier.

Angry Leonardo Dicaprio GIFsensible spending be like...

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Anyone who wins a league title is down to what they have done throughout the season and no one else. If it was the case that we’ve potentially won it because of how poor they are, why is no one else challenging us? 

Definitely 

And it pains me to say it but the Fifers won it because they were the best team last season

2 hours ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Big thanks to those who gave advice regarding the shirt. 2XL, a size up for me, was indeed ideal, although not a loose fit.

What was not ideal?

Twenty quid for international shipping, plus another 18 quid to let the shirt into the EU. Bought a Newcastle top, a Scotland T-shirt for the missus, a Scotland hoodie and paid nowhere near the exorbitant postal fees as I did with Greaves (and no customs fees)

Still, I have something new and blue for celebrating our promotion 😃😃😃

I find that 2 sizes up gives you that loose fit. I'm generally 2XL with Scotland shirts but I wear 4XL for the current Falkirk strips. Better make sure I don't get any fatter though as there's only one more size up 🤣

Just now, Springfield said:

Numbers 

No idea TBH but the numbers sometimes are an inflated by concessions and free kids so I think the cash measurement is a better benchmark. However if you are trying to judge the walk up each week did I not read somewhere 2,600 ST’s including the 1/2 and 1/3’s. I may have that wrong though.  

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

My recollections were 1800, might be wrong, but 2600 rings a bell.

I vaguely remember Jamie Swinney saying on the podcast they were budgeting hoping we were only going to drop a couple hundred from last season after the horrific end it was. I think this was the conversation about how the football budget will be directly correlated to season tickets and fss to encourage sign ups. We have since surpassed last season I'm sure but no idea by how many. 

Edited by Jimmy1876

Just now, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I'm sure John mentioned the exact number on Falkirk Daft a few podcasts ago which included half season tickets as well. Can't remember what that number was though, maybe around the 2700 mark? 

Does that figure include folk (like me) who bought a half season ticket at Xmas?

4 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I'm sure John mentioned the exact number on Falkirk Daft a few podcasts ago which included half season tickets as well. Can't remember what that number was though, maybe around the 2700 mark? 

On the 13th December, Jamie Swinney quoted 2,709.

21 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

On the 13th December, Jamie Swinney quoted 2,709.

I bought my wife a half season for Xmas after that. She had kind of fell away from going regularly but went to Hamilton away and got the bug again so it’s at least 2710 😁

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I bought my wife a half season for Xmas after that. She had kind of fell away from going regularly but went to Hamilton away and got the bug again so it’s at least 2710 😁

There were probably quite a few 1/2 season Christmas presents

My mate left it too late to buy his ticket next to me in the KM and he's now had to buy one in the main stand. Does anyone know if it's possible for me to use my season ticket to sit there instead for this match on Saturday?

31 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

My mate left it too late to buy his ticket next to me in the KM and he's now had to buy one in the main stand. Does anyone know if it's possible for me to use my season ticket to sit there instead for this match on Saturday?

Don't know, best phoning the club. Tickets for the main are dearer though I think, so probably not.

30 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't know, best phoning the club. Tickets for the main are dearer though I think, so probably not.

Aye, was gonnae give them a phone in a bit. I'm happy to pay the difference like.

Annoyingly I’m away down to the Lake District with my brother and his wife and kids this week as their kids are off school. Not back until Sunday.

Is there any way of me watching the game on FTV this week? Assuming I’d need to pay a subscription and then use a VPN?