The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Screenshot2024-02-13at16_23_32.thumb.png.c0024a2b03af4051e6176df682318552.png

Fantastic to see so many FALKIRK supporters attending Saturday’s game. From the capitulation, abhorrent, soul destroying, embarrassing horror show at Airdrie last year, this game can’t come soon enough. 
Never thought we’d be anywhere near this level of performance and league standing and all I say to the players, don’t leave anything in the dressing room, and if you give it blood sweat and tears, we’ll be fine. COYB. From a barmy 29c 

10 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

Random thought - why is the KM7 unallocated for seating anyway? Always wondered this.

Not 100% but I think Sandy Alexander wanted the stand to be like the Hope Street end at Brockville where friends could congregate together at games. Friends who were season ticket holders and those who were not. Easiest way to achieve this was unallocated seating.

The nerves are starting! As previously posted by others i have seen this film before. A chance to soar clear, a crowd full of possible new recruits, an opposition team lacking confidence. What could go wrong. It is Falkirk though and we dont seem to do easy!

According to the Belfast Telegraph (no sure how reliable that paper is), CM7 was over there last week. Looks like he’s off to linfield at the end of the season. 

Not great timing for this coming out. Hopefully (he is as committed til then as he’s always been - I’m sure he will be.)

14 minutes ago, Bairn to Believe said:

Belfast telegraph reporting that CM7 was in Belfast last week. Looks like he’s off at the end of the season. 

I think that it's a given that he is leaving and if he helps us to get promoted he will go with my blessing and wishes for a successful subsequent career. However, unless he is getting an absolute megabucks long term contract to secure his and his family's future he would be crazy to go there, he would be far better going down south to a more high profile stage to showcase his talents and maybe get him an even bigger move in the future. Norn Irn is a bit of a footballing backwater (even more than Scotland) and he might soon be forgotten about over there.

11 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I think that it's a given that he is leaving and if he helps us to get promoted he will go with my blessing and wishes for a successful subsequent career. However, unless he is getting an absolute megabucks long term contract to secure his and his family's future he would be crazy to go there, he would be far better going down south to a more high profile stage to showcase his talents and maybe get him an even bigger move in the future. Norn Irn is a bit of a footballing backwater (even more than Scotland) and he might soon be forgotten about over there.

Aye he’ll go with mine as well. I wasn’t counting on him staying tbh like yourself a bit suprised by the destination - suppose he might look at it like - chance to win regular league titles & cups, probably double his wage and the odd CL game. 

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

He won’t be going there unless it is money he can’t get elsewhere. 
Good luck to him. If he gets us over the line he goes wherever he goes with thanks

Edited by BPM

6 hours ago, Bairn to Believe said:

According to the Belfast Telegraph (no sure how reliable that paper is), CM7 was over there last week. Looks like he’s off to linfield at the end of the season. 

Not great timing for this coming out. Hopefully (he is as committed til then as he’s always been - I’m sure he will be.)

Timing doesn't really matter, we had a free weekend and he's free to talk to whoever he wants of course he's popping over the water to see what's on offer.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Timing doesn't really matter, we had a free weekend and he's free to talk to whoever he wants of course he's popping over the water to see what's on offer.

Never said he wasn’t free to talk to who he wanted. Just meant from a personal point of view don’t like stories  like this popping up before a big game. As I said he goes with my good wishes. 

Just now, Bairn to Believe said:

Never said he wasn’t free to talk to who he wanted. Just meant from a personal point of view don’t like stories  like this popping up before a big game. As I said he goes with my good wishes. 

I agree with this totally. We are in a good place just now going into a huge game/weekend and it’s not something to focus on. Callumn will be a free agent and has been a good servant to us and is free to do what he wants. The story isn’t coming from him so it’s not worrying me too much. 

As I said before if he goes, he goes, we move on. If he continues to perform and gets the goals/assists to get us up then good luck to him. We as a support should just focus on what needs done to get us up.

Its probably that bampot at Accies leaking shite to try and unnerve us all🤣

11 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree with this totally. We are in a good place just now going into a huge game/weekend and it’s not something to focus on. Callumn will be a free agent and has been a good servant to us and is free to do what he wants. The story isn’t coming from him so it’s not worrying me too much. 

As I said before if he goes, he goes, we move on. If he continues to perform and gets the goals/assists to get us up then good luck to him. We as a support should just focus on what needs done to get us up.

Its probably that bampot at Accies leaking shite to try and unnerve us all🤣

I echo this, wont begrudge him a move on...although with the Hamilton game coming up, i strongly suspect it is Accies up to their tricks again (because they worked so well last game). All we need now is for Hamilton to switch ends before kick off and they have basically won the league. 

The first place I saw the latest Morrison rumour was a random Accies fan page

Wouldn't be surprised if Accies win the toss on Saturday and have us shooting into the South Stand first half. Rankin is another ex player who will know how much this means to us as fans as will be looking to exploit any advantage he can. It will make no difference to them as they wont have many fans in the North Stand, so as well making it awkward for us. Hopefully Coll will win the toss.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn