The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Anyone else think Tom Lang has gone off the boil in the last couple of games?

Eh ? Are you joking. When it went to 3-2 vs Hamilton, before there was even the chance for a seed of doubt to get into any players heads, he was thundering into every tackle and winning every 50/50 ball. He’s their leader.

He’s been an absolute colossus this season. 

Said this before, but he’s been our most important signing for a long, long time.

32 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I have a vague memory of a 'near-thing' unbeaten season that St Mirren ended - my half-arsed googling hasn't thrown anything up though (I guess it must've been an 'unbeaten at home' run if anything 🤔)

**I'm in no way suggesting we'll manage to go the rest of this season unbeaten of course**

We were also of course unbeaten at home for the entirety of the last season at Brockville until Hugh fucking Dallas and his linesman pal decided to allow a cross that was about two yards over the by-line to stand and let Caley beat us 3-2. 

28 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

(I guess it must've been an 'unbeaten at home' run if anything

Last season at brockville we were undefeated at home until last game of the season against Inverness. Also the game I collected a load of rubble and shoved it in my pockets. 

28 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

(I guess it must've been an 'unbeaten at home' run if anything

Last season at brockville we were undefeated at home until last game of the season against Inverness. Also the game I collected a load of rubble and shoved it in my pockets. 

12 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Found it - 2004/5

St Mirren halted an unbeaten at home season with Queens making it two home defeats a couple of weeks later in the last game of the season.

Were we not unbeaten in the last season at Brockville until Dallas robbed us at the ICT game on the final day?

24 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I thought at the time that it was a bullet header by the defender.

It also looked to me that Montrose should have had a penalty. It looked like the ball had hit Lang's arm.

I thought at the time it was something the Montrose defender couldn't do anything about but what a finish it was!! 

Agree re the penalty shout, few folk near me in the KM stand thought the same at the time 

10 minutes ago, Rugster said:

We were also of course unbeaten at home for the entirety of the last season at Brockville until Hugh fucking Dallas and his linesman pal decided to allow a cross that was about two yards over the by-line to stand and let Caley beat us 3-2. 

Chris Boyle was his name, I'm sure Charleston was the other assistant that day as well with it being the last game at Brockville. 

49 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Were we not unbeaten in the last season at Brockville until Dallas robbed us at the ICT game on the final day?

Totten told me a few years ago that he and Dallas hated each other. The animosity went back even before Dallas fucked us in the final by ruling Ollie's goal offside, apparently from Totten's previous clubs.

So two thirds of the season gone and thought I'd look at how the top two compare from last season

Screenshot2024-02-21at16_39_36.png.ba2fb3f81647e7268949e133a224ffc9.png

To this season

Screenshot2024-02-21at16_40_03.png.574c648e98621e8f7daf924d5fce3099.png

In conclusion, most other seasons Hamilton would still be in a title fight. But we have absolutely cruised it 

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Oliver has definitely contributed this season, but McGlynn will need to look at whether players are going to be good enough week in week out in the championship rather than against Montrose reserves.

The fact Oliver hasn’t been able to hold down a starting 11 spot in league 1 says to me we will need better quality to challenge at the top of the championship.

I think Oliver has done well since coming here and has been a good signing. Last season, especially second half of the season he was played as a number 9 which he done the best he could given it is not his natural position. This season there are now players in the team playing at a higher level each week making it difficult for him to get a starting place. When he is needed he has contributed.

Worth a contract next season? Probably not.

6 hours ago, Hisingdoon said:

The website I used for mine said we have been top since mw4 even with the postponed cove game 

so either 22 games top of league or 9 games top of the league depending on how you count it

i know what sounds better

Yeah and everyone else knows what one is accurate.

13 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

So two thirds of the season gone and thought I'd look at how the top two compare from last season

To this season

In conclusion, most other seasons Hamilton would still be in a title fight. But we have absolutely cruised it 

Undefeated - fantastic, but also keeping draws at a minimum which is something Dunfermline had a lot of last season, keeping us in contention for longer.

Even then the draws we have had were away to Cove at dangerous time at the start of the season when the squad was still newish, a top of the table clash, away to Queens, a tricky midweek fixture away to Montrose where I think many thought this was a decent result and a brain fart from the manager. 

Great going. 👏👏👏👏

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

To this season

Some of the Hamilton fans really need to have a look at this to put their season into perspective. Some delusions of grandeur over there. If we had binned Mcglynn at this point last season like they want to with Rankin where would we be now? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

6 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Don't tell that to Ebobsboy that got it spectacularly wrong. Again.

That's why I'm not a bookie. And finished a mediocre mid table in the prediction league last season that fwiw was good fun and well done by BWAclyde

44 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

Yes I spend my time running 2 pie and bovril accounts, purely to downvote you. 

You need to act your age pal. This is a forum for all to have a chatter and banter without experiencing the hurt and trauma of a red dot

1 hour ago, Mevilc Bairn said:

I think Oliver has done well since coming here and has been a good signing. Last season, especially second half of the season he was played as a number 9 which he done the best he could given it is not his natural position. This season there are now players in the team playing at a higher level each week making it difficult for him to get a starting place. When he is needed he has contributed.

Worth a contract next season? Probably not.

I like Oliver a lot but he's always going to be a downgrade on nesbitt at 10...I would be inclined to keep him if he's happy to be an impact player but I suspect we'll need an upgrade for the championship