The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Problem is Dunfermline are only two points off the relegation playoff spot and Airdrie 5. I'd like to hope we could get ourselves in a position where we are pretty safe from worrying about that with 9 games to go next season.

If I was a pars fan though I'd be asking how the hell they are now 3 points behind a side they finished 21 points ahead of last season

I’d say Dunfermline are positioned pretty well when you consider the injury list they’ve have in fairness.

Every chance they’d be comfortably in the playoffs and ahead of Airdrie with a fully fit squad.

8 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Sorry, but this is complete and utter nonsense from start to finish. 

We have sixteen players under contract for next season with offers having been made to others. There will be no major rebuild. Evolution not revolution, to quote a conversation I had with a director. 

All arrivals will be surprises because the club are now good at keeping transfer activity private until it's been announced. For that reason, you have no idea whether there will be surprise departures. 

And it doesn't depend on getting up, because if it did the club wouldn't have announced extensions already. 

🙌 BB

Back to you HSW to back up your assertion or was it mere speculation on your part?

15 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

We have sixteen players under contract for next season with offers having been made to others. There will be no major rebuild. Evolution not revolution, to quote a conversation I had with a director. 

All arrivals will be surprises because the club are now good at keeping transfer activity private until it's been announced. For that reason, you have no idea whether there will be surprise departures. 

And it doesn't depend on getting up, because if it did the club wouldn't have announced extensions already. 

I’ve got HSW muted still but good to see this quote as a reminder of why.

What a load of shite. :lol:

Edited by Hughsie

Our first choice outfield team bar yeats are all singed up for next season so any surprise departures will be accompanied by a wedge of cash but I can't see many changes.

It will be harder next year in the championship but I think we perform better when teams actually try to get into the game and none of the championship teams we've played this season in the cup have been better than us and that includes Dundee utd who are currently top.

I don't expect us to romp to the title obviously but we are good enough as is to do well and with a few additions should be aiming for the playoffs as a minimum against a league full of inconsistent teams. 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Quality over quantity just like last summer.

Safe to assume Allan will be looking for a new club and if we take up the extra years option on Shanley we'd have 12 senior players going into the summer.

Hogarth, Yeats and Ross IMO we should be looking at offering deals which if they all signed would take us up to 15 players.

So 5 quality signings on top of that to take us up to a senior squad of 20 supplemented with any of the academy players McGlynn feels are ready. Starting GK, CB/LB cover, centre mid, 10 and a new starting striker. Bosh.

Goalkeeper
27. Owen Hayward (A)

Defender
2. Tom Lang
6. Coll Donaldson
3. Leon Mccann
Keelan Adams
33. Logan Sinclair (A)

Midfielder
8. Brad Spencer
5. Liam Henderson
10. Aidan Nesbitt
7. Callumn Morrison
29. Calvin Miller
11. Alfredo Agyeman
30. Scott Honeyman (A)
32. Rhys Walker (A)

Striker
17. Ross MacIver
19. Ryan Shanley

Edited by FFC 1876

49 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Our first choice outfield team bar yeats are all singed up for next season so any surprise departures will be accompanied by a wedge of cash but I can't see many changes.

It will be harder next year in the championship but I think we perform better when teams actually try to get into the game and none of the championship teams we've played this season in the cup have been better than us and that includes Dundee utd who are currently top.

I don't expect us to romp to the title obviously but we are good enough as is to do well and with a few additions should be aiming for the playoffs as a minimum against a league full of inconsistent teams. 

Regardless of who’s signed or being released, in my view definitely need to add to three key slots - GK CB CF. 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Lets see how they cut it in a higher league over a season and I hope they are good enough. Have seen it far too often over the decades a winning team with top performers just don't cut it then its a scramble to put it right. 

There will be 5 new outfield players making a regular start plus a goalie.

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Lets see how they cut it in a higher league over a season and I hope they are good enough. Have seen it far too often over the decades a winning team with top performers just don't cut it then its a scramble to put it right. 

That'll be the council forcing us to sign new players.?

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Nonsense, players that will likely be first team starters going into next season;
Miller, morrison, Spencer, Hendo, Mccann, Lang, Donaldson, probably Nesbitt

2 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

🙌 BB

Back to you HSW to back up your assertion or was it mere speculation on your part?

I know the version of events that my money is on......

I'm glad we're not chopping-and-changing personnel on a whim just because we've been promoted. Imagine what message that will send to players who might sign for us that IF they get us competing for the Premier they'll be out on their ear the year after ...

14 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I'm glad we're not chopping-and-changing personnel on a whim just because we've been promoted. Imagine what message that will send to players who might sign for us that IF they get us competing for the Premier they'll be out on their ear the year after ...

We haven't been promoted yet. 😬

7 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Congratulations on winning the title. It’s more than well deserved and I would say you have the best team in L1 for many years (apart from ours of course lol).

A lot of your support don’t like us which is harsh because we happen to have a manager who is only with us because of family connections but a lot of us older guys have a great fondness for Falkirk and Brockville and the players of the 80’s and 90’s. 

Nothing against Cove fans at all. Its all at Hartley