The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I thought McGinn had a very decent game. Never wasted a ball first half and cut them open a good few times. Of course he can only last around 60 minutes but seems he’s quickly becoming a scapegoat as he’s not got the legs Spencer does.

Spot on. I thought he did fine. 

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Spot on. I thought he did fine. 

Also thought McGinn done well, helps when you’ve got plenty of pace around you. Already mentioned Tait, if McGlynn can get a deal in place he would be a tremendous asset. Although the team done well, with Morrison & Miller normally grabbing the headlines, thought Tait was on a different planet. 

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Also thought McGinn done well, helps when you’ve got plenty of pace around you. Already mentioned Tait, if McGlynn can get a deal in place he would be a tremendous asset. Although the team done well, with Morrison & Miller normally grabbing the headlines, thought Tait was on a different planet. 

He is top drawer 

12 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Was like watching a horror movie with an unexpected happy ending.  I was sure we were getting beat there for a good while.  Not easy being a Bairn. :) l

It goes with the scarf.

The countless times bairns fans walked up Hope Street from Brockville in wide-eyed blank faced shock at how on earth did we Lose/Win that is now in the DNA of being a Falkirk supporter.

We snarl and disagree at each other but in the end we all want the same thing, what's best for the club.

Would not have it any other way.

19 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It goes with the scarf.

The countless times bairns fans walked up Hope Street from Brockville in wide-eyed blank faced shock at how on earth did we Lose/Win that is now in the DNA of being a Falkirk supporter.

We snarl and disagree at each other but in the end we all want the same thing, what's best for the club.

Would not have it any other way.

Brockville is over 20 years gone. I am bored now with the nostalgia, it is selfish IMO of our generation to continue to go on about it. The vast majority of the Ultra’s were never there. My youngest son, who goes home and away, went to one game there. He is bored listening to talk about the 90’s. I would suggest he is not alone. I, like loads of my generation, have fond memories of the old place but it is nothing more than that for me now. The present is where we are at and this is the most relentless team I have witnessed at the club in my time. Granted at a lower level but we have never steam rolled a league like this ever. The only season that came close was Yogi’s promotion season in 2003/4. All comparisons of how it used to be are not relevant any more. Teams, manager and ownership. Time to look forward. 

I am delighted for the younger fans to finally get reward for their loyalty. They will now have their hero’s, Morrison, Henderson, Lang and Spencer like I had in Gibson, Crunchie and Stainrod. 

Time to savour the next 7 weeks. It won’t happen again in my lifetime. 

Edited by BPM

Just now, BPM said:

I get that it's hard to be patient, but March 2025 really isn't THAT far away to wait for the next #Juggernaut 

7 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

As I thought live the equaliser was pretty clearly offside. It's not even a particularly difficult one to get right. It's right in front of the linesman. Changes the momentum of the game.

As annoying as that is, Falkirk were the better side first half hour and last half hour and whilst the margin was a wee bit flattering maybe, no complaints about the result. The penalty's soft in that Morrison flung himself but he was clipped and McKechnie conceded that afterward. Did think Gibson might have also got one at the other end at 3-1 (I think)? Some hit from Nesbitt.

Enjoy your title celebrations next week.

This is what is wrong with the offside law as it is now. It needs to go back to being clear daylight between players and give the forward the advantage.

To say Morrison was clearly offside is a bit much and the closeness to the linesman makes his decision difficult 

In my opinion yesterday’s move that led to the equaliser should be onside and ultimately goal.

Being a bawhair in front of a defender shouldn’t be deemed offside.

IMG_0143.png

IMG_0142.png

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Anyone know what time the academy games are today? We seem to have removed the tweet announcing when all the games were.

Kick offs in Alloa are 1030 and 1300 I believe. Time to reach both from Falkirk if you leave now. 

I might have made the 16s game if the weather had been decent but I'm still drying my gear out from last night. 

29 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

This is what is wrong with the offside law as it is now. It needs to go back to being clear daylight between players and give the forward the advantage.

To say Morrison was clearly offside is a bit much and the closeness to the linesman makes his decision difficult 

In my opinion yesterday’s move that led to the equaliser should be onside and ultimately goal.

Being a bawhair in front of a defender shouldn’t be deemed offside.

IMG_0143.png

IMG_0142.png

When you think of the angle of the centre line there, and where Morrison is compared to the defender, I'm not even convinced he's any sort of offside never mind clearly. If VAR was involved it would be a 3 or 4 minute f**k about looking for shirt sleeves and knees etc. We can almost all agree that VAR is shite and we want nothing to do with it, so for me there's very little if any credible complaint that Morrison isn't given offside. 

For clarity, I just straight up don't think he's offside at all. 

1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:

Just noticed Ola Lawal hasn't made the 2 Cove squads since he celebrated with the Falkirk players.

I was just looking at that too. He obviously wasn’t in the squad that night he celebrated either. No word of an injury?

8 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I was just looking at that too. He obviously wasn’t in the squad that night he celebrated either. No word of an injury?

He couldn’t be in the squad the night they played against us because he can’t play against his parent club

6 minutes ago, Rocco said:

He couldn’t be in the squad the night they played against us because he can’t play against his parent club

Shite. Good point. Ignore the dafty here 

1 hour ago, BPM said:

Brockville is over 20 years gone. I am bored now with the nostalgia, it is selfish IMO of our generation to continue to go on about it. The vast majority of the Ultra’s were never there. My youngest son, who goes home and away, went to one game there. He is bored listening to talk about the 90’s. I would suggest he is not alone. I, like loads of my generation, have fond memories of the old place but it is nothing more than that for me now. The present is where we are at and this is the most relentless team I have witnessed at the club in my time. Granted at a lower level but we have never steam rolled a league like this ever. The only season that came close was Yogi’s promotion season in 2003/4. All comparisons of how it used to be are not relevant any more. Teams, manager and ownership. Time to look forward. 

I am delighted for the younger fans to finally get reward for their loyalty. They will now have their hero’s, Morrison, Henderson, Lang and Spencer like I had in Gibson, Crunchie and Stainrod. 

👌

4 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

I think it's been mentioned before but what prize money can we expect for winning the title?

It’s the third tier of SPFL so probably a crate of Tennants and a packet of fags 😂

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

Just caught up with the highlights and didn’t realise how much it caught Hendo. Nesbitt’s goal some hit and maybe a special mention to Tait. How on earth he was unable to fit in at Hamilton is quite mind blowing. Great vision and a proper footballer.

Tait obviously wasn’t good enough for the best squad in the league 😂