🏆 We’ll be joined on stage by Falkirk Football Club 1st team stars for a Q&A
🎤 Sammy McGivern joins us to review the season
🥇 Falkirk Daft Player & Goal of the season awards
🗳️ Competitions PLUS 
💺 Visit the Navy Blue Chair & WIN a captains armband©️

It’s sure to be a brilliant night with 200 Bairns fans in attendance 🍻

IMG_7998.thumb.jpeg.44d200394d7125c9792c14a3f42057aa.jpeg

Edited by RC55 FFC

Cove were attracting players that noone else could afford by paying them excellent part time wages and supplementing it by giving them a job with their major sponsors. Now that they have gone full time who knows how they are affording it but players like Fraser fyvie could still be playing much further up the pyramid and earning a very good wage so cove must be paying him a kings ransom for a league one player . He's most likely the highest paid player in this league. Mark Reynolds was signed from Dundee united and again could probably have played higher up the leagues but signed for cove . Again he will be on a pretty packet . They must be losing money hand over fist . I mean who in the right mind turns full time after getting relegated. You wonder how much longer the money pit at cove will continue to fund the club.

17 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Can you show me these multiple Falkirk fans that have said this? I’ve read back and can only see the one poster who was corrected as being confused with Cove and Hamilton having higher budgets, not Queen of the South. 

Yeah it seems they were getting confused. 

Assuming Allan is offski in the summer and we retain Yeats, Tait, Ross and Shanley then my 3 starting position upgrades would be at GK, 10 and ST.

2 more signings as cover would take us to a senior squad of 22 which I don't think is too unrealistic. 

Goalkeepers
*New Starter
Nicky Hogarth
Owen Hayward (A)

Defenders
*Finn Yeats
Keelan Adams
Coll Donaldson
Tom Lang
Leon Mccann
*New cover for cb & lb
Logan Sinclair (A)

Midfielders
Brad Spencer
Liam Henderson
*Dylan Tait
*New cover for cm
Callumn Morrison
Calvin Miller
*New Starting 10
Aidan Nesbitt
Alfie Agyeman
Gary Oliver
*Ethan Ross
Scott Honeyman (A)
Rhys Walker (A)
Shay Burke (A)

Strikers
*New Starter
Ross MacIver
Ryan Shanley

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Assuming Allan is offski in the summer and we retain Yeats, Tait, Ross and Shanley then my 3 starting position upgrades would be at GK, 10 and ST.

2 more signings as cover would take us to a senior squad of 22 which I don't think is too unrealistic. 

Goalkeepers
*New Starter
Nicky Hogarth
Owen Hayward (A)

Defenders
*Finn Yeats
Keelan Adams
Coll Donaldson
Tom Lang
Leon Mccann
*New cover for cb & lb
Logan Sinclair (A)

Midfielders
Brad Spencer
Liam Henderson
*Dylan Tait
*New cover for cm
Callumn Morrison
Calvin Miller
*New Starting 10
Aidan Nesbitt
Alfie Agyeman
Gary Oliver
*Ethan Ross
Scott Honeyman (A)
Rhys Walker (A)
Shay Burke (A)

Strikers
*New Starter
Ross MacIver
Ryan Shanley

Think Nesbitt has done enough to warrant starting as the 10 next year.

If we can get to a situation where there’s two credible starters for each position in a squad of 22, then I think we’ll do well. I certainly don’t want to write any current starter off but we’ll see what JM brings in. 

48 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yes that's a good shout he always looks a tough player to play against. Not sure what his contract situation at Morton is at the moment.

George Oakley would be a great shout. Scored a brilliant hattrick at Tannadice the day we played QotS at TFS. My mate is a Morton fan. I've asked him if he knows what Oakley's situation is. We take what we want from Morton so if he's out of contract, get him signed 🤣

Falkirk fans thinking they take an average of 1,000 to away games is the funniest things I've read today. I don't think you chumps manage even half of that when you visit Cappielow.

edit: you also think Cove have a bigger budget than you this season? 😂 Wtf am I reading? 

Edited by Jives Miguel

2 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Falkirk fans thinking they take an average of 1,000 to away games is the funniest things I've read today. I don't think you chumps manage even half of that when you visit Cappielow.

edit: you also think Cove have a bigger budget than you this season? 😂 Wtf am I reading? 

Given we’ve now taken 2.4k to Montrose, 2k to Hamilton. 1.5k both times to Alloa, 1.5k(plus) to Stirling both times, and have never had less than around 400 fans (cove and Montrose away midweek), 1k is probably on the light side of average. Assuming, of course, that you know what the word “average” means. 

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Given we’ve now taken 2.4k to Montrose, 2k to Hamilton. 1.5k both times to Alloa, 1.5k(plus) to Stirling both times, and have never had less than around 400 fans (cove and Montrose away midweek), 1k is probably on the light side of average. Assuming, of course, that you know what the word “average” means. 

Falkirk attendances at Palmerston this season are 560 the 1st time and 629 the 2nd time (which to be fair was on live tv at 5:30).

13 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Tell me you’re stupid without actually saying you’re stupid. 

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

Yeah but Roy Mcgregor is a different fish to compared to the boy keith from Cove. 

And if Cove's owner was on the same level as McGregor, Cove would be at the same level as RC (probably).

The point stands as it's all relative.

11 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Of course he does. “Average” at best chance of keeping Imrie next season. 

9 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Falkirk attendances at Palmerston this season are 560 the 1st time and 629 the 2nd time (which to be fair was on live tv at 5:30).

What was the home crowd at the 2nd match? 300? Lowest home crowd I think I’ve ever seen at Palmerston sadly. 

38 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Nesbitt's had a fantastic season and I have no doubt he'll start next season as our number 10, I however would like to see a quality option signed there who can prove better than Nesbitt when they get their chance. 

3 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

The first poster on this topic got mixed up I think, it's Hamilton and Cove that we have less than allegedly

Nothing allegedly about it 

10 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

What was the home crowd at the 2nd match? 300? Lowest home crowd I think I’ve ever seen at Palmerston sadly. 

608. Total 1,237.

Not helped by the live tv, Scotland v Ireland egg chasing at the same time (I think Man Utd were also on at the same time), and the general expectation we'd be thumped (which we ultimately were although only because you ran away with it in the last 15 mins). But ultimately, fans voting with their feet after what's been a dreadful season for us.

36 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Another Morton fan with Falkirk FC living in his thick skull. 

49 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

No player in any position should have an automatic right to start imo. We should be looking to have the strongest starting 11 and squad as possible. If that means bringing in players who can challenge and eventually replace current starters, so be it.

Part of the reason for our success this season in my view is that we now have competition for places in a good number of positions.